What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man...Is it really you? You're the hippie copy of a guy I know, pure metalhead, big Iron Maiden fan ....
Hahaha big up my brother....

Of course it’s me..took that pic a few days ago… here I am 20 years ago >>>
6CC83B2B-ED92-4FB2-BF15-68647C6906A3.jpeg

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I believe Nevil confirmed he got it from a guy named 'dogless' out West and dogless confirmed online he sold the clone to Dr. Greenthumb in Canada.

As to the hyped origin story of the clone coming from a Government lab in Mississippi, I have my doubts but would love to know who made that story up! ;) :shucks:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I believe Nevil confirmed he got it from a guy named 'dogless' out West and dogless confirmed online he sold the clone to Dr. Greenthumb in Canada.

As to the hyped origin story of the clone coming from a Government lab in Mississippi, I have my doubts but would love to know who made that story up! ;) :shucks:

I agree, very unlikely any lab was involved. Whatever gets people hyped is what they do. For me anything coming from the GOV is crap.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Well 1 thing we know for sure, someone, somewhere along the line told a porky pie to sell something or other and a legend was born and then died. :tiphat:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
A special hello to all my haters out there:D , from this old hippie Star💥 Crash filedata/fetch?id=18052958&d=1643124535
You look more flower-power than star-crash. Good on you for posting that, and you look pretty well preserved and healthy. I'm almost your age but hair is grey (at least I still have it).

Thanks for the positive vibes you spread in every thread.

Apologies all, for my recent argument with Hempy, and getting the thread off topic. I am just passionate about my politics and cannabis reform.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
All threads meander and get off track, but there's no time like the present to get back to what the thread's all about, the discussion of HAZE! :tiphat:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I don't really care about the Nevil/Sam controversy.

I am currently vaping a cross of Nevils work and love it. However, I don't think any sativa is improved by adding NL or Skunk. The only reason you do so is to make it more indoor grower friendly or commercial. So although Nevil was responsible for getting it out into the world, I don't think he likely improved the effect. On the other hand, I have never had what people describe as a proper Nevils Haze such as Hempy grows.

It is interesting that now most seem to be chasing the haze high, minus any indica influence.

Dirt Life

Veteran
Wow, again, thank you so much, Star Crash/Flower Power... I am humbled by your, and Johnny Cs generocity...

:thank you:

1643147197286.jpg

1643148672562.jpg

I have Todds haze on deck about to be flowered, still trying to germ a couple Blue hybrids, and now, I'm adding ICMag O-Haze to the list! THIS IS THE LOVE AND RESPECT HAZE PROVIDES!

And on a side note, I would love to have some "hippy horse shit"... probably would make excellent compost! :biglaugh: ;)

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
You look more flower-power than star-crash. Good on you for posting that, and you look pretty well preserved and healthy. I'm almost your age but hair is grey (at least I still have it).

Thanks for the positive vibes you spread in every thread.

Apologies all, for my recent argument with Hempy, and getting the thread off topic. I am just passionate about my politics and cannabis reform.

hey hair aint everything you know , hahahahhaa
a smoother scalp can allow faster movement though the water anyhow ....

honestly many tokers i know look younger than their age,
its the drinkers that tend to age , and it affects their mental health too ,
stoners just forget stuff ....

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This thread's been up for a while now and I've yet to hear anything about the role hype and promotion (High Times) has played in the history of Haze. :blowbubbles:

In the 1970’s I used to lust over those High Times centerfold pictorials equal to as I would the Penthouse Pet of the month! :eek::

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

Jorge Cervantes arranged the g13 clone for Nevil and some other genetics from friends of his.

Nevil collected them from the US and stayed at Gorges.

The Clone was said to come from a Government Ag Facility not sure if it was part of a University now but why not ask Gorge if its important.

G13/Sk last cross made before it the G13 died.

Click image for larger version  Name:	picture.php.jpg Views:	7 Size:	74.4 KB ID:	18053377

Click image for larger version  Name:	G13skflowers.jpg Views:	7 Size:	116.7 KB ID:	18053378

Sub24ox7

Click image for larger version  Name:	F58196F3-58C1-4192-A4F7-68B47BCF995A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	20.9 KB ID:	18053393
Icmag haze with tails! Thanks Sams, Johnnychicago, and starcrash/flowerpower
These are much fresher than the f1 thunk seeds I am germinating atm lol. Crossing fingers for the thunk.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I don't really care about the Nevil/Sam controversy.

I am currently vaping a cross of Nevils work and love it. However, I don't think any sativa is improved by adding NL or Skunk. The only reason you do so is to make it more indoor grower friendly or commercial. So although Nevil was responsible for getting it out into the world, I don't think he likely improved the effect. On the other hand, I have never had what people describe as a proper Nevils Haze such as Hempy grows.

It is interesting that now most seem to be chasing the haze high, minus any indica influence.

You do realize NL is a 3/4 sat Af/Mex/Colombian and SK being a half Sat.

I have 50% Haze lines that look act smoke like a pure Sat nothing user friendly about them.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
In the 1970’s I used to lust over those High Times centerfold pictorials equal to as I would the Penthouse Pet of the month! :eek::

Friend we had use to get the High Times i would look threw them never read any thing when i would visit.

Then when i first grew some dutch lines in 86 i lost all respect for the Mag.

I thought how could real stoner be pushing this shit onto people to grow and i never picked the mag up again and never tried dutch genetics again until i smoked the White Widow and that led me to Nevils and Shantis work .

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Jorge Cervantes arranged the g13 clone for Nevil and some other genetics from friends of his.

Nevil collected them from the US and stayed at Gorges.

The Clone was said to come from a Government Ag Facility not sure if it was part of a University now but why not ask Gorge if its important.

G13/Sk last cross made before it the G13 died.

"Ol' Miss" University of Mississippi is the only US government sanctioned legal grow. That's where they say the g13 was smuggled out of.

But ask anyone who smoked that gov issued bullshit in a can and they will tell you it was the worst weed they've ever smoked.. if course that could have more to do with them grinding it up and it being irritated with radiation before being given to the patient.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
"Ol' Miss" University of Mississippi is the only US government sanctioned legal grow. That's where they say the g13 was smuggled out of.

But ask anyone who smoked that gov issued bullshit in a can and they will tell you it was the worst weed they've ever smoked.. if course that could have more to do with them grinding it up and it being irritated with radiation before being given to the patient.

The University of Virginia agriculture department also has a Cannabis Program.

The G13/Sk plant pictured is the strongest indica i have ever smoked i absolutely hated it.

Will only use it for breeding.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
FP you look just like a friend of mine but difference is you have hair and he no longer dose :D.

I ~am~ a friend of yours :blowbubbles:… The thing about head hair is that it keeps your scalp warm in the winter >>> but makes you 🥵 hot in the summer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts