What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyChicago

I didn't mean no breeding progress I have a ton of respect for work you've done. I'm referring to breeding targets. If you understand what makes the haze magic then you can proactively try to improve it. Mycerene over .5 percent creates couchlock . Under .5 does not. Mycerene is a terpene hydrocarbon which is much less volatile then oxygenated terpene. It is the #1 most correlated to bld or indica

That's the Golli/90s OH x Seedsman that got tested with high myrcene content.
And as I have not smoked or smelled what got tested myself, I cannot interprete the data.

Made some resaerch in 2020, as I worked in analytics for long time and have therefore my own techs.
And came to the conclusion high linalool could be the terpene that is responsible for the kind of effect my OH lines are known for. The terpene profile of a tested columbian gold the nearest I did find to my results. But I have a passion also for phytotherapy. Use knowledge and terpenes profiles from there, to compare to those of cannabis or Haze, to draw my conslusions. Different approach than yours. The goal I believe too.

Need to do it again soon, as there is much more data available than 2 years ago.
But that's a lot of work to collect and interprete the data.
I hope one day to have time and motivation to do it.

Will see if I can provide you the OH document. Myself am more interested in understanding what we have today and in preserving that, than in understanding what it once has been. But I do respect. It's just a matter of priority.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just so there’s no confusion about the different Haze’s …from now on ( and request that all recipients of the “skinny leaf seeds” currently circulating ) please refer to these as the ICMAG OHaze it’s important to make these distinctions between the Seedsman Original Haze, the JC selected Seedsman OHaze , And the non-selected open pollination of the ICMAG OHaze …:) Haze on!

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
the old cut we had went 12/13 week very haze dom it would take off like a rocket in flo people would buy cuts be warned an still fuck them up frequently by letting them get the same height as an indica dom plant in veg ,, rembemer early days here in uk few knew what they were doing a few could get the best out of her and make money best were in rockwool tables that i saw but most didnt grow her for money it was all sk1 nl crosses even tho the nl5 xhaze was superior smoke ..i have a 90s inbredline nl5 x haze now nl dom 10 weeker and its nothing like the old cut in any way shape or form maybe a cross to pure haze might bring it closer,,,the nl5 haze was some of best weed you could get back then i know i would brag taunt an challenge anyone to bring me better in those years ...no one did for a long time lol but it wernt popular with commercial growers at all just small percent grew it its rep came from its quality /power etc

There were much more cuttings,than 1 old cutting of NL5XHAZE didn't say that this is O.Haze cutting its real hybrid and it was in hybrid categorie even before 30 years.
Dont think of it as Haze but you get very powerfull and penentrating Haze smell old school afghan/varnish,chocolate-spicy citrus at moment...and its very pungent.
Also Neviles cut that was in magazine in 90's was also 10 weeker.

Nevile Haze original f1 was also 10 week x C haze so it ended 75 % haze its suppsed to be this cut I have.
Like they wrote on description.....difference is in breeding in F1 of HAZE x NL you can have short flower phenos with many haze characteristics.....when its ibl or sk x haze x nl5 x haze its much more heavy to find real indica and real Haze....so that why im shure in story about this cut I have....most of today Hazes have some kind of fruty and creamy smells or rotten fruit this one in varnish astrigent pine.....and its very rear to any Haze genetics thet were out last 25 years......and more...

I will give this cut to anyone, you can grow it by yourself and find buy yourself what it is......I have no secret agenda....

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=18016343&d=1639653248.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.1 KB ID:	18053013
Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=18031117&d=1641249323.jpg Views:	0 Size:	137.4 KB ID:	18053015

It was only 5 days in veg after rooting if this aint big strech I dont know what it is.

First pic day 1,second picture day 21......

This is the mother of Nevilles Haze F1....

And sensi and seed bank genuine cutting 10 week NL5xhaze.....

:)

''Haze x Northern Lights has been the most reliable Haze hybrid so far, and is our favourite smoke. It is a bit stretchy and difficult to grow, but well worth it. Wonderful sweetness, body, and complexity, with a soaring high.''

Last edited:

harvestreaper

Veteran
There were much more cuttings,than 1 old cutting of NL5XHAZE didn't say that this is O.Haze cutting its real hybrid and it was in hybrid categorie even before 30 years.
Dont think of it as Haze but you get very powerfull and penentrating Haze smell old school afghan/varnish,chocolate-spicy citrus at moment...and its very pungent.
Also Neviles cut that was in magazine in 90's was also 10 weeker.

Nevile Haze original f1 was also 10 week x C haze so it ended 75 % haze its suppsed to be this cut I have.
Like they wrote on description.....difference is in breeding in F1 of HAZE x NL you can have short flower phenos with many haze characteristics.....when its ibl or sk x haze x nl5 x haze its much more heavy to find real indica and real Haze....so that why im shure in story about this cut I have....most of today Hazes have some kind of fruty and creamy smells or rotten fruit this one in varnish astrigent pine.....and its very rear to any Haze genetics thet were out last 25 years......and more...

I will give this cut to anyone, you can grow it by yourself and find buy yourself what it is......I have no secret agenda....

filedata/fetch?id=18053013&d=1643127129
filedata/fetch?id=18053015&d=1643127199

It was only 5 days in veg after rooting if this aint big strech I dont know what it is.

First pic day 1,second picture day 21......

This is the mother of Nevilles Haze F1....

And sensi and seed bank genuine cutting 10 week NL5xhaze.....

:)

absolutey there was a few cuts circulating in here in uk and in holland but not many here and the ibl i was referring to had been bred to be nl dominant and also haze dominant seperatly the plant i mention from nl selections so it not a fair comparison it would make a perfect cross back to pure haze imo i did not know nevils cut was a 10 weeker interesting i didnt know nevil but i introduced many to the haze 5 an sent many to his seednank with pockets full of cash back then ..... i hope yours is of equal quality an wish you atb with it ours was liver leather bit of citrus clay getting a few reminders of those terps from todds stuff of late,,, the closet i seen to the old haze 5 grows back then is yosammys pics
ps ,,,yes big stretch typical good sighn

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
That's the Golli/90s OH x Seedsman that got tested with high myrcene content.
And as I have not smoked or smelled what got tested myself, I cannot interprete the data.

Made some resaerch in 2020, as I worked in analytics for long time and have therefore my own techs.
And came to the conclusion high linalool could be the terpene that is responsible for the kind of effect my OH lines are known for. The terpene profile of a tested columbian gold the nearest I did find to my results. But I have a passion also for phytotherapy. Use knowledge and terpenes profiles from there, to compare to those of cannabis or Haze, to draw my conslusions. Different approach than yours. The goal I believe too.

Need to do it again soon, as there is much more data available than 2 years ago.
But that's a lot of work to collect and interprete the data.
I hope one day to have time and motivation to do it.

Will see if I can provide you the OH document. Myself am more interested in understanding what we have today and in preserving that, than in understanding what it once has been. But I do respect. It's just a matter of priority.

Many of the pure sativas in Ace's catalog have myrcene as the main terpene. Yet these strains are generally considered as having a "clear" high. Maybe we've missjudged myrcene all this time? Before myrcene, CBD was blaimed for that indica type stone but that wasn't right either.

Oldtimer's haze is also high myrcene btw. You can go and compare the purple vs green phenotype on Ace's site and see how much their terpene and cannabinoid profiles differ from each other.

Ncali

Veteran
Do you have any personal experiences with CBD-rich cannabis and pneumonia/corona virus or are you one of those people who only have an opinion? Internet is full of bro-scientists who have strong opinions about shit they know nothing about personally.

I had pneumonia from what i believe was some type of corona virus in late 2017 and few bong hits with CBD rich cannabis really made my lungs feel much better:
Strong CBD/THC to help with symptoms of Pneumonia (and Coronavirus?)
https://www.icmag.com/forum/talk-abo...nd-coronavirus

No its just in the information published on the study of what the dosage that was used. They base medicine on studies and not anecdotal evidence for a reason, as anecdotes are inherently biased. I'm not discrediting your experience, just talking about some misinformation that's been used as a headline that doesnt tell the whole story.

The lab used really high level dosage of cbd in a petreedish basically. If my memory serves me correctly, it's Orders of magnitude larger dose than what people consume. That isn't a medical trial in humans or animals, it's a lab experiment.

Cbd is cool shit, I just don't think it's proven to be a covid treatment or medicine.

Have a good day.

Last edited:

JohnnyChicago

Just so there’s no confusion about the different Haze’s …from now on ( and request that all recipients of the “skinny leaf seeds” currently circulating ) please refer to these as the ICMAG OHaze it’s important to make these distinctions between the Seedsman Original Haze, the JC selected Seedsman OHaze , And the non-selected open pollination of the ICMAG OHaze …:) Haze on!

Yes it's important to keep the distinction between the Seedsman OH I have shared on ICMAG.
And the one that got shared via MadMac that is not pure Seedsman OH, but "Seedsman x Gollis 90s OH"
What got shared directly by me should be called JC Seedsman, as it is pure too.

May be one day I will tell the exact story of this line. Some may remember why I made the skinny leaf contest here in Hempys thread...
Take care of it please. And if you like it, make seeds and share with your friends.

It all happened here on icmag. 3 generations, 2 contests, the sharing.
Only possible name is ICMAG OH.
Since this is the place that has made it happen.
Haze on!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seedsman OH progress.. Thanks, MadMac JohnnyChicago
DSCN2627.JPG

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
This thread's been up for a while now and I've yet to hear anything about the role hype and promotion (High Times) has played in the history of Haze. :blowbubbles:

goingrey

This thread's been up for a while now and I've yet to hear anything about the role hype and promotion (High Times) has played in the history of Haze. :blowbubbles:

Not from High Times and a Haze hybrid but...

One of the most memorable pieces of hype for me is Howard Marks' recollection of being released from prison and coming back home, then going to a concert and smoking Super Silver Haze for the first time. That must have been in the book Mr. Nice.

It was on the same level as the American Beauty G13 story. Except based on reality not some nonsense.

Piqued my interest for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts