What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
You missed me Starcrash, I had the thinnest so far ;) lol jk... such a crazy haze.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=18026863&d=1639241854.jpg Views:	1 Size:	212.1 KB ID:	18027566

Sub24ox7

Here is a very interesting grinspoon profile. If an f1 partner could be found to provide more growth without diluting these ratios that's some next level breeding. These state run testing information is really useful to find different phenotypes in a line.

Also these numbers of decarbed cbg are big.. A 1 to 1 cbg of almost 1.5 unheard of! And check all that linalool!
That’s a high terpene percentage and it’s almost all linalool wow. Talk about lavender lol.
high CBG as well but if that’s accurate that is a lot of linalool.
I remember hearing the good tropical plants could have high terpenes percentage and lower thc cannabinoids but that sample has decent thc too. Wow 🤩

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
There’s no need to hold up the contest any longer everybody who wanted to enter did and guess what ? everybody’s a winner:biggrin: If you did enter (and I kept track of y’all ) send me via personal message and address and have a little bit of patience and your price will be received

Hot Chocolate - Every 1’s A Winner

Your the man Star ;)

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I believe the Haze ancestor is what has been shown by Star Crash, that must share similarities with one of the bags Sams did collect from the Haze brothers.
Just like a roll back to an older generation. But you might be right Hempy.

As if it was simple inbreeding depression, there should have been pearl phenos reported from my Seedman, that should be the most legit and purest OH of all. But there are none yet, I know of.

Below OH90 x THH x OT1 x OH grown by UniqueFlower4.
He did report they do mature from the bottom to the top. Just like you have written here in this thread few weeks ago about Haze in general.

Hiya Johnny the reason why i feel its an ancestor is because i my self have seen a few pop up threw the years but they are very rear and my ones were not as extreme as Syd pearl plant but were very airy and did not form what most would call a flower.

Sativas do act very different indoors to out.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We use to have a much better THC/CBD ratio back in the day.. Way too many bred for THC which IMO screwed it up. Why they didn't breed for both no clue? Having no CBD is not what we want.

Piff_cat

That’s a high terpene percentage and it’s almost all linalool wow. Talk about lavender lol.
high CBG as well but if that’s accurate that is a lot of linalool.
I remember hearing the good tropical plants could have high terpenes percentage and lower thc cannabinoids but that sample has decent thc too. Wow 🤩

I think it could be 2 things 1 . An extreme phenotype with bud mutation but a normal amount of cbga precursor (unlikely) 2. Ancestral form of one founding allele progenitor. The progenitors probly had 1 to 3 main consituitents then many tiny ones. This would be awesome and could be used as a template to find further founding allele progenitors

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here’s a perfect description of the Haze High as described by one of the Premier breeders in the world … >>>> “very long lasting high… with nooo come down… just fade away…
no other strain i‘ve grown touches that amazing high… pure euphorica… up energised … positive but full psychedelic ”

Sub24ox7

Here’s a perfect description of the Haze High as described by one of the Premier breeders in the world … >>>> “very long lasting high… with nooo come down… just fade away…
no other strain i‘ve grown touches that amazing high… pure euphorica… up energised … positive but full psychedelic ”

Yes totally 💯 that is seedsman oh IMO.
total positivity but psychedelic. Was my main medicine for a decade. I need that positivity honestly. I need to stop messing around with all of these other strains(it’s fun don’t get me wrong) and grow some seedsman oh again.
This world is a harsh place, we need more seedsman oh in the world. Thanks samS, Johnny, and starcrash!!!!

Last edited:

harvestreaper

Veteran
For me things like this below from my metal selection (grown by Mac) are the nearer to the ancestors...

i hear you i would be more inclined to that type as ancestor to,, looks lovely ive had a few like that ,, not had the pearl pheno or watever it called but for me it would be a cull unless the smoke a lot better than the regular phenos
Click image for larger version Name:	metal (2).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	96.9 KB ID:	18027230
this plant is not haze but a nanda devi always made me think of grass /grass as to ancestral types

TheDarkStorm

The first time i saw a plant like this was from a Thai many years ago i grew and it dried Red yielded over a pound of some of the most potent weed you could hope to grow.

No sativa flower has what most would call bag appeal so not sure why people are hung up on looks when they are talking sativas.

In the 70s we had what was called tripping weed getting around at the time you could get an oz of Colombian African so on for $30 and a small coin bag of tripping weed would cost you $30. It looked like wet oily leaf and this weed was as potent as it got.

Go find the post from Sam were he talks about his favored Haze smoke he called i think it was Greasy.

Haze like it or not did not have great bag appeal it was all about the smoke.

If you think this plant would yield an Oz only you have it very wrong.

As a guess you are looking at a minimum of 1/2 a pound dry and i am being very conservative.

What you have there is an ancestor.

Ive got two very old pure strains that do similar to that beaded thing quite consistently.....some of the things I have noticed between pure sativas that are like this an some of those popping up from hybrids that have been worked is pistols.....in the open with pure landraces you'd expect them to have pistols so that the plant can catch pollen an go on to survive to the next generation...an some pure strains out there with that bead structure do normally have many long pistols when they start flowering...Some of these types coming from heavily worked hybrids hardly have pistols an the few they do have are very short an kind of deformed. So not much chance of survival in the field an highly unlikely to be carried on naturally in the line. Which is why I think there are
two different types....one seems to be a effect of inbreeding....the other the true beaded landrace sativa types. With the one I believe to be a result of inbreeding ive seen them pop up out of auto, indicas an alsorts of stuff..stuff that have had no sativas an should have nothing in common yet they seem to trow out this similar type....an some of those tend to be sterile or produce tiny dud empty white seeds, some have issues with being cloned an can go very woody .. an also wont reveg..with some having hermaphrodite issues too...an some im quite certain would have problems surviving outdoors...with the only common link between them being worked an inbred an pressured for generations for potency ...which is why I think one type is a throw back to sativa types wich normaly pops up when closer to the original types an the other seems to be some kind of evolvment from being pressured just for potency..its been difficult to study these types properly due to being so hard to find...none the less the beaded types are a very interesting anomaly that should be studied by others alot more.

Ncali

Veteran
I guess i miss the haze train. I been busy.

My untimely submission, for fun. Manipur Burma leaf:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211231_150552.jpg Views:	2 Size:	24.7 KB ID:	18028429

Been busy last couple of days harvesting some bandaid haze...

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211231_105147.jpg Views:	2 Size:	54.5 KB ID:	18028430

This is a Columbian haze male the just got flipped. He will b used to pollinate a mass medical putang pink pheno and headbanger pheno from karma and a Durango og from la plata labs. Just a little indoor project to keep me busy in the long Massachusetts cold days. Happy new year everyone

Attachments

• photo2099011.jpg
    photo2099011.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 13
  • photo2099012.jpg
    photo2099012.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.