What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
This is trait that makes me happy....if you see leafs of this cutting i posted and this leaf of OHaze...

That extreme double serration is common in old skunk lines and old haze crosses, leading me to believe it comes from the lumbo side of the genepool as I've not seen it on the thai side yet, nor afghan? But I see it on cheese, blues etc and old haze lines that I've grown that are close to the source, sams seeds of haze or skunk hybrids it pops up and also chi's incense haze hybrids..also hybrids of chem I see it occasionally, basically old skunks and those that share that ancestral genepool. This pic above is maybe the most serrated leaf that I have seen, there are even quadruple serrations! Also the description of the church haze gets me excited, the most churchiest stuff that I've grown or smelt, was S1's of the hollywood haze or hash plant haze cut...I wish someone would release that again..Speed like high, my neighbor I gave some to accused me of spiking the weed with some stimulants LOL..I told him it was just the weed LOL he didnt believe me for a bit, complained that he didnt like the high and then next week came and asked for more as it was great stuff to smoke when he needed to get bunch work done around the farm..electric sativas..

ramse

When I started reading this thread I skipped through all the old hear-say, conjecture and storytelling, but tbh now I'm hooked, lol 😅
Did he/didnt he(?)
Who's telling the right story(?)
What really happened(?)... Someone should call Netflix, honestly, it would make a really great mini-series 🎥📺
I cant wait for the next installment, lol, will we find out if MNS Neville is fake(?) is he real(?).. is it Shanti pretending to be Nev(??). Is it Nevilles long-lost evil twin Horatio??? (Dun-Dun-Duuuuun!!😲)

Tune in next time to find out 😅

Someone throws the hook... Some "take the bait" and ask for explanations, others will try to disprove the hoax by bringing facts and evidence... but the so-called backfire effect will happen. And here the disinformation will start to spread...

and as demonstrated, the American psychologist Stanley Milgram, with a simple experiment: if in a crowded street you stop to scan the sky for 60 seconds. 4% of passers-by will stop to peer into the clouds, imitating you.
But if you get 15 of you staring at the sky, 40% of the crowd will imitate you. With ideas it works in a similar way...
Besides, whoever launched the "hook" speaks with authority as if in those days he was there with Nevil, Sam etc... then asks if his cut is legitimate by posting a photo of a leaf and a vegetative seedling. Ok.
I just wonder why whoever really knows how things are, why he was there, you never see himself writing on these treahd ... probably will have better things to do.. also because things have already been said, by Nevil, Shanti etc... so... what else to add?

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
It is not possible to know if it is the same cut as Nl5hz other than with genetic testing, however I do know that the first Nl5hz I saw many years ago (from sensiseeds to nirvana to others I can't remember the name) were definitely nld, inclined to the sativa side in the structure of the plant, but with abundant, compact and resinous blooms...
However from the appearance it looks authentic...

I will post progress of it...tomorrow is first day of 12/12....so 80days-1... :)

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I wonder if anyone can verify if this is the original NL5xhaze its supposed old cutting from Neville....

Before Nevil's passing i spent decades on the forums reading and the same time period spent posting in the MrNice forums from CW to Icmag to shantis own forum and i never saw people other than shanti grow Nevil's clones. Nevil verified that only shanti held his parental library.

Regardless were the clone came from if its Nl x HzC then odds are it will be something special because its clearly been selected from seed and kept as a clone for a period of time.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Before Nevil's passing i spent decades on the forums reading and the same time period spent posting in the MrNice forums from CW to Icmag to shantis own forum and i never saw people other than shanti grow Nevil's clones. Nevil verified that only shanti held his parental library.

Regardless were the clone came from if its Nl x HzC then odds are it will be something special because its clearly been selected from seed and kept as a clone for a period of time.

Its strange I know many that grow Neviles clones even in some dispaneries today you can buy 1998 SSH cup winner which Shanti give to others.... ..
Anyway me and you always have fight notes in our conversations....I asked can you verify ? If you mean that its not Nevile clone of 5haze tell my why do you think so?

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I don't understand this statement, why on earth nobody (apart from Shanti) could have Nevil plant clones? It is quite obvious that this is not the case .... Don't take it as an attack on you, Hempy , absolutely, but it seems more like a phrase said by Nevil / Shanti at the time to legitimize their products ....

Someone throws the hook... Some "take the bait" and ask for explanations, others will try to disprove the hoax by bringing facts and evidence... but the so-called backfire effect will happen. And here the disinformation will start to spread...

and as demonstrated, the American psychologist Stanley Milgram, with a simple experiment: if in a crowded street you stop to scan the sky for 60 seconds. 4% of passers-by will stop to peer into the clouds, imitating you.
But if you get 15 of you staring at the sky, 40% of the crowd will imitate you. With ideas it works in a similar way...
Besides, whoever launched the "hook" speaks with authority as if in those days he was there with Nevil, Sam etc... then asks if his cut is legitimate by posting a photo of a leaf and a vegetative seedling. Ok.
I just wonder why whoever really knows how things are, why he was there, you never see himself writing on these treahd ... probably will have better things to do.. also because things have already been said, by Nevil, Shanti etc... so... what else to add?

What I know is this much. Growing cannabis has nothing to do with writing about growing cannabis. Some of the most experienced growers I know or know of (through getting their own cuts passed to me by mutual friends) have never been near a forum in 40 years of growing. Having a passion for the plant doesn't necessarily mean talking about it. One of the best cuts I've ever smoked to this day was bred locally in the late 80's or early 90's. It was NL5Haze x M39. (which is NL5 x Skunk). It was never passed around, the breeder kept it to himself and other than me, Ive never known anyone to post about it. When he lost his mothers it was gone forever. How many times over history has that happend to countless , nameless enthusiasts? Does that mean it didnt happen? No, it means the breeder/grower has a passion for the plant, not talking about his passion for the plant or documenting their work/hobby/passion.. And tbh I'm kinda the same, lol ☺👍

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
My point Gentlemen is this in all the years i have been on the forums posted / read i have not seen any one have or grow Nevils selected clones apart from shantibaba.

Now that Nevils passed on we see loads of clones popping out of the woodwork's claiming to be Nevils.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
My point Gentlemen is this in all the years i have been on the forums posted / read i have not seen any one have or grow Nevils selected clones apart from shantibaba.

Now that Nevils passed on we see loads of clones popping out of the woodwork's claiming to be Nevils.

Shanti's words? No comment.....
I don't have the time / inclination to look for the old posts, but I remember there were people in Holland who had Nevil cuttings (if I remember correctly they were things like A5, C5, AG13 and maybe other things) ... I don't care about supporting the eternal fight Sam (fanboys) Vs Nevil (fanboys), I'm not part of the game, I just want to know why other people can't have Nevil's stuff ... I'm not talking about seedbank, I'm talking about breeders , growers, ganjah plants lovers, like you and me ....

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I don't have the time / inclination to look for the old posts, but I remember there were people in Holland who had Nevil cuttings (if I remember correctly they were things like A5, C5, AG13 and maybe other things) ... I don't care about supporting the eternal fight Sam (fanboys) Vs Nevil (fanboys), I'm not part of the game, I just want to know why other people can't have Nevil's stuff ... I'm not talking about seedbank, I'm talking about breeders , growers, ganjah plants lovers, like you and me ....

Willy I know both Shanti and Nevil on a personal level i have no interest in anything more than telling the truth when i post.

I have read loads of bull shit threw the years from people claiming to taken a cut from the WW plant at the cannabis cup ( a flowering plant lol ) to Ben Dronkers Bailing Nevil out of jail.

I use to talk to Nevil daily for years i did ask him about set clones i have posted what he told me and it just started a drama.

Commonsense should tell all of you that if people had these clones in Amsterdam they would of been used long ago to make seed and had set people cash in that is a FACT.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I'm not talking about that bs, I mean plants Nevil gave to friends (or maybe sold, I don't know that) ... Ah Hempy, I have a lot more respect for you than you think ...don't think me as stupid ...
NO, not everyone throws things into business , there are those who know how to keep their word .... I understand where the discussion is going, so I'll stop here, but I assure you that people (even those we admire) often lie, especially to admirers and friends...

Montuno

...como el Son...
“In the late 90s I gave plants to Soma, and he began a seed company a year later too…mixing his skunks to my males. This has occurred many times to me just look at the Spanish seed companies and 10 years ago…none existed until I went there in 1995 and gave away 3 kilos of seed to growers via Canamo magazine….but that is another story too.“

https://www.freestonegenetics.com/gr...ecord-straight

El primer número de Cáñamo es de 1997... Si de las semillas de regalo que da a veces la revista hubiera que hacer una Compañía...
Aqui en aquella época, en los ambientes que yo frecuentaba, se mezclaban las primeras semillas holandesas que llegaban con semillas de "paisanas" (landraces) aclimatadas o exportadas. Recuerdo que en los primeros intentos "serios" de cultivar con un grupo de amig@s, en la segunda mitad de los 90's, teníamos semillas de paisanas oaxaqueñas mexicanas y ecuatoguineanas de la zona norte continental, una amiga aporto semillas traídas de Trinidad y Tobago, y el dueño del terreno tenia creo que Mexican Sativa de Sensi...
​​

The first issue of Cáñamo was published in 1997... If the seeds that the magazine sometimes gives as a gift were to make a company.... Here at that time, in the environments I frequented, the first Dutch seeds that arrived were mixed with seeds from acclimatised or exported "paisanas" (landraces). I remember that in the first "serious" attempts to grow with a group of friends, in the second half of the 90's, we had seeds of Mexican Oaxacan and Equatoguinean paisanas from the northern continental zone, a friend brought seeds from Trinidad and Tobago, and the owner of the land had, I think, Mexican Sativa from Sensi...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Commonsense should tell all of you that if people had these clones in Amsterdam they would of been used long ago to make seed and had set people cash in that is a FACT.

Willy if people had these clones trust me they would of cashed in decades ago.

Nevil worked alone even when he was part of GHS Nevil breed the seed and sold them seed on consignment no one had access to his plants but him.

What people dont get is every person that got or still has F1 feed from Nevils work has the chance to find as good or even better plants than even Nevil had found.

Even Nevil said this.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
You’re meaning clones such as Yo Sammy and his circle hold?

Sammy, Karma but not just them, I remember there was someone else who had Nevil's stuff .... The cuttings are sold, yes, but they are also given as gifts, and these characters have also given them as gifts, if they then denied it to protect their business is another matter ....

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
No one ever got Nevils most important clones apart from Shanti take Haze C no one had even seen a picture of it until Kas had posted a pic of it up in the MrNice forum and that was taken from with in one of Shantis Parent plant rooms.

Breeders protect there lines why would they share plants that can reproduce the lines they sell it makes no seance at all in an industry as cut throat as that of the seed and cannabis industry in Amsterdam.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
No one ever got Nevils most important clones apart from Shanti take Haze C no one had even seen a picture of it until Kas had posted a pic of it up in the MrNice forum and that was taken from with in one of Shantis Parent plant rooms.

Breeders protect there lines why would they share plants that can reproduce the lines they sell it makes no seance at all in an industry as cut throat as that of the seed and cannabis industry in Amsterdam.

Are we talking about cuts of crosses or parental plants??

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Are we talking about cuts of crosses or parental plants??

Parental plants Willy as the clones Nevil had were what he used to make his Hybrids with.

A breeder is not going to hand out Clones he uses to breed with to have them end up in the hands of competitors/ Other seed company's and that is what would of happened if these clones were in Holland in peoples hands.

Personally i like selecting my own plants and i have surprised both Nevil and Shanti in the selections i made in plants i found from both their work.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

pretty sure this was confirmed earlier in ths thread willy ,
and nevil wanted to get cuts back from sammy at some point,
some quotes posted proved this to be true ...

we got a cut of c5 here down under a number of years ago ,
it originated with sammy,
apparently nevil wanted a cut of it from us too ,
fairly sure if he knew there was no chance we could have it
he wouldnt have wanted it right??

those cuts are genuine ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts