What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I swear I think the mangohaze I have has to be the A haze..... The smells were nothing like any of the jacks/ssh/slh/c99 or any Chaze ive had... way more musky non sweet... More floral pleasant woody type that complimented the incense unlike the spicey grassy unpleasant woody/barky type /lemon/grapefruit/sweet with weak incense

Im still super curious what all of TeamHaze think about Kali Mist though? Does KaliMist resemble the HazeA terpene profile ? Im super excited to pop some fresh Kali Mist straight from Serious....
I wish I had some Feminized a5 or a5hybrid fem beans. Or some g13hzA stuff... I have some reg a5malawi x vietnam black I dont want to waste any males though, and unable to keep them atm.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
The "old school genetics" pre 2000's kali mist x strawberry tijuana that we grew out recently are very nice...well recommended..Large high yielding caked, stretching sweet and tasty sativas with a decent flowering time..

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I was gifted the 98 Kali Mist and i rate Kali Mist up there with the very best of them.

Very different to any of the Haze its like smoking a strong pure Thai sativa in affect.

As for the Mango haze test seed only 10 growers were picked at CW MrNice forum and of the people selected only 2 ever did a grow thread as part of the agreement of reviving the seed. That was me and Jesse the rest complained and culled their plants calling them inpracticle as they grew and flowered like a Nevil's Haze or Pure sativa a huge mistake on their part.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
I have grown lots of JH seeds...and still grow them....C99 is just fruty pheno of JH...JH is very unstable ''strain''.......lineage is ((NL5x SK1)xNL5))x Original Haze....

And strain is made by Sensi Seeds...with help of Sam the Sk and today owners of Bedrocan........SSH is made by Arjan aka JH f2...years later....

Why is JH made ???

Jack's favourite smoke was pheno of Nevilles the seed bank SILVER HAZE so in honor of JH they made JH strain with strongest strains sensi had at thet time SHIVA SK,NL5 and OH....they made same recipe like NL5xhaze only difference was that they want more taste to add to NL5 so thats why they improve NL5 with back cross....they were searching for NL5 resin and taste of SK1.....

If you ever grow Shiva sk you will know that they are plenty of sweet phenos with very short flower time below 60 days...

Those were times that people still breed genetics....today people breed names with proven gentics from past.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so it is possible to find a fast pheno from a hybrid with these lineages, First plant I ever personally grew “1996 Shiva skunk” I absolutely loved it… The reason I was asking about C 99 is because one of Wally’s Nevils Haze/C-5 Mango Haze is coming in at around 50 days which is shockingly fast I’ve never seen that since the old C 99 (which I have a huge experience with) here’s a picture of the clone I’m talking about >>>
71B6AABD-0D4B-40B1-BCE8-9C16E054E2D6.jpeg
119B05F1-3B36-415D-9BA5-14CCBFFBED86.jpeg
3DDED221-F918-4384-AD59-067338B66E1D.jpeg
F51EFE8F-C086-4524-9FDF-34480671ED43.jpeg

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Yeah hempy its definitely possible it was the nigerian that shifted the terps towards A types, its definitely tied directly into the purest colombians/panamas /oldtimers and down to the faster Ahaze/Malawi side of the phylos galaxy. With the Chaze more in the middle closer to the thais.. Id love to sample some of your stuff now that im finally setting back up.
What about the terps though, whats your thought on the sandalwood Kalimist is basically universally considered the best for? I consider my prefered haze smell to be a certain kind of wood maybe not sandalwood but i picture some kinda white wood maybe cedar or something... very pleasant instead of the more barky typical american pine/oak dirty smell... Its more perfumey and soft light pleasant

Piff_cat

Here is some interesting info concerning Jack and ssh. A 2012 study comparing amnesia flower from Amsterdam coffee shops compared to bedrocan medical strain which is a jack herer pheno straight from sensi/nevil to Charlie. Amnesia is either a ssh pheno or ssh x afghan(enemy of state) results show its very unlikely they are the same

Attachments

• photo2093651.jpg
    photo2093651.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 20
  • photo2093652.jpg
    photo2093652.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 20

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are seeds made using unrelated male pollen on a particular cut that produces identical phenotypes that can get mistaken.. I've found a few made with unrelated male pollen but still produced identical terp profiles. Some call these renamed cuts. It can be extremely hard to tell what's what without doing DNA.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
50 days is 7 weeks of flowering and i have never seen that even in a fast haze like Early Pearl Skunk x Haze.

Click image for larger version  Name:	earlyhaze-5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	147.5 KB ID:	18009867

They i think went 12/14 weeks from seed but i would not call these haze or haze expressive .

I have grown Nevil's Haze and SSH Shit Haze Mango Haze Afghan Haze and more of Nevil and shatis work for over 2 decades now and not one 50% Haze let alone a Nevil's Haze has come in under 16 weeks most are closer to the 20 or plus mark that includes 50% haze.

Now if we are talking clone plants that came from seed plants some times they can show sex and flower faster than the seed mother plant but that is not a given some do most dont.

Some times you may see the time they take to sex halved some times you see a week faster.

Also i touched on inbreeding Haze 100s of pages back and how Haze and Haze hybrids when inbreed start to become faster in flower from the time they take to show sex and the over all speed they flower. Nevil saw it to.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m talking about clones from the original seed & had six sisters… five similar to various degrees and one was different considerably..kept the super fast with the fattest juicy individual calyx

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I’m talking about clones from the original seed & had six sisters… five similar to various degrees and one was different considerably..kept the super fast with the fattest juicy individual calyx

Clearly the Clone has come in faster than the mother plant and 50 days is lightning fast.

If the smoke is good i wouldn't over think it id be finding a nice Ohaze Male to put over her.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
It comes down to selection though... Doesnt matter if its 25% haze or 50% haze.... If you select a NL pheno it could be 90% haze and still finish in 9 weeks... or select Haze phenos and get a 16 weeker in something 10% haze. SSH obviously has plenty of 9 week phenos..
Many people feeding too high, and humidity too low with stunting will have far slower flowering times/inability to achieve senescence.

The improvement of growing technique improved LED lights with VPD/DIF/DLI knowledge... If you give adequate light, and feed light enough with low enough humidity to hasten senescence you can definitely get some 7 week stuff... Most people have not known of VPD and had far too low humidity considering the leaf temps from HID. Anything that could thrive in those environments adapted to super fast finish times. Plus there is definitely some ruderalis in the mix im sure. I think its interesting that Neville said his favorite plant or best high he ever experienced was on the ruderalis haze he regretfully lost...
I think instead of NL x Haze.... a auto haze hybrid would be a awesome line to hunt.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Clearly the Clone has come in faster than the mother plant and 50 days is lightning fast.

If the smoke is good i wouldn't over think it id be finding a nice Ohaze Male to put over her.

I’m days away from finishing my second run of original Haze this time it’s with the seeds that came out of the plants that I originally got from Johnny Chicago’s I’m anxious to see if they’re comparable to the mother plants if so I will be a very happy camper:trampoline:

TheDarkStorm

Here is the utube video for those that dont believe of ben unveiling the jack cutting....an as you'll see the phantom aka nevil (who flashes up dressed as the phantom) being credited with its creation.
New video Cannabis Castle The Max Random lost tape

TheDarkStorm

Here is some interesting info concerning Jack and ssh. A 2012 study comparing amnesia flower from Amsterdam coffee shops compared to bedrocan medical strain which is a jack herer pheno straight from sensi/nevil to Charlie. Amnesia is either a ssh pheno or ssh x afghan(enemy of state) results show its very unlikely they are the same

The bedrocan cutting is a f2 from the original seeds they made with nevils cutting....father to the seeds unknown...maybe Shiva like canatorioum says.
also there are three different amnesia....nevils haze x enemy of the state....ssh x ?......and ssh(x?) X g13hzC

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
It comes down to selection though... Doesnt matter if its 25% haze or 50% haze.... If you select a NL pheno it could be 90% haze and still finish in 9 weeks... or select Haze phenos and get a 16 weeker in something 10% haze. SSH obviously has plenty of 9 week phenos..
Many people feeding too high, and humidity too low with stunting will have far slower flowering times/inability to achieve senescence.

The improvement of growing technique improved LED lights with VPD/DIF/DLI knowledge... If you give adequate light, and feed light enough with low enough humidity to hasten senescence you can definitely get some 7 week stuff... Most people have not known of VPD and had far too low humidity considering the leaf temps from HID. Anything that could thrive in those environments adapted to super fast finish times. Plus there is definitely some ruderalis in the mix im sure. I think its interesting that Neville said his favorite plant or best high he ever experienced was on the ruderalis haze he regretfully lost...
I think instead of NL x Haze.... a auto haze hybrid would be a awesome line to hunt.

Haze has rudaralis ? lol

Nevil's told me as i am sure others also his favored Haze smoke came from the female haze plant that never finished flowering and i told him why it never finished flowering.

Next came the Hawaiian Haze now i cant remember if his mate in New York gave Nevil the Hawaiian line for that or if he gave Nevil the hybrid.

HPS work great from what i am being told Led lights suck the Kal Mag out of plants and causes deficiency's. I just got my self some leds for the veg of moms clones. After being told about the deficiency's they cause i decided to shelve them and go back to old school.

TheDarkStorm

Haze has rudaralis ? lol

Nevil's told me as i am sure others also his favored Haze smoke came from the female haze plant that never finished flowering and i told him why it never finished flowering.

Next came the Hawaiian Haze now i cant remember if his mate in New York gave Nevil the Hawaiian line for that or if he gave Nevil the hybrid.

HPS work great from what i am being told Led lights suck the Kal Mag out of plants and causes deficiency's. I just got my self some leds for the veg of moms clones. After being told about the deficiency's they cause i decided to shelve them and go back to old school.

He made two different Hawaiian x hzC....the more sativa one was special....im sure it won a cup too.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I’m days away from finishing my second run of original Haze this time it’s with the seeds that came out of the plants that I originally got from Johnny Chicago’s I’m anxious to see if they’re comparable to the mother plants if so I will be a very happy camper:trampoline:

Be keen to hear how you go mate i have a good feeling it will go well. I know how much work Johnny put into them and others before him.

My NH F1s sexed including males between 9 to 11 weeks.

The F2s admittedly i screwed up set the timer at 7/17 sexed at 6 weeks and flowered in 16 weeks.

Here is were it gets interesting Star.

The clones from the F2 seed moms were put under 11/13 to flower and started to show sex in 3 weeks that is half the time it took the seed moms grown under much less lights on to show sex.

Plants are much larger and more to what i expect from a NH i will show you what i mean in a few weeks with some pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.