What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
There was a lot of Grow threads on Haze at Cannabis World the old Over Grow but they are no longer up.

There are some good threads in Icmag also as there are in other forums to.

The only information pre dating Holland comes from Sam and Rob .

TheDarkStorm

StarCrash look at the two pictures mell put up of sams greenhouse in the usa. There are two plants, one the faciated one exactly like yours shows and the other the one without the fasiation exactly like yours.
HazeA tends to throw a different leaf structure and bud structure to other hazes regardless of what its been put to.

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Seedsmans original haze were stock from the flying dutchman. Seedsman bought their whole seed stock as far as i can remember back around 2002-2003.

TheDarkStorm

Seedsmans original haze were stock from the flying dutchman. Seedsman bought their whole seed stock as far as i can remember back around 2002-2003.

I thought they were getting them from sam like the other stuff. Seedsmans stock of ohz was usually more longer flowering than flying dutchmans.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
StarCrash look at the two pictures mell put up of sams greenhouse in the usa. There are two plants, one the faciated one exactly like yours shows and the other the one without the fasiation exactly like yours.
HazeA tends to throw a different leaf structure and bud structure to other hazes regardless of what its been put to.

Hey Dark you need to send me your address again I lost it

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Want to hear something funny ? the only time I interacted with Sam was in 2003 I was inquiring about the Flying Dutchman Haze & he suggested that I use it as breeding stock and that it would improve any strain I had:flowers2:I should’ve took his suggestions all the way back then

Sub24ox7

I am of course treasuring the seedsman o. Haze I got. Not going to start those until I can devote everything to that and finding a good male to cross with.
haze on

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

Click image for larger version  Name:	picture.php.jpg Views:	0 Size:	215.6 KB ID:	18008534

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2047329.jpg Views:	0 Size:	246.2 KB ID:	18008535

Whats the most noticeable difference in pic one to that of pic two Dark ?.

The first has plants that have been defoliated getting ready to be harvested and to the bottom right there is a pile of leaf.

You can also see a 3rd plant in a pot that is under a foot tall.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hi Star was looking at your pic again.

image_2092188.jpg

This plant reminds me a lot of the Nevil's Haze C leaning plant i found.

Remembering the old grow threads of Ohaze decades ago i saw wild to mild Haze plants being expressed from TFD seed.

Haze is a funny animal clones can even look a little different to the parent even when run in the same Environment and conditions but the smoke stays the same.

Nice looking plant.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Star was looking at your pic again.

This plant reminds me a lot of the Nevil's Haze C leaning plant i found.

Remembering the old grow threads of Ohaze decades ago i saw wild to mild Haze plants being expressed from TFD seed.

Haze is a funny animal clones can even look a little different to the parent even when run in the same Environment and conditions but the smoke stays the same.

Nice looking plant.

I’m going to be taking those any day:wave:Finally !! 10/14 photo period helped…lol a December Haze

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got a quick question I could do the research but I’d rather ask you guys I’m very curious what was in Jack Herer that C 99 eventually was discovered out of the reason I’m asking is I’m trying to find explanations for the super fast Pheno I got from Wally because it’s just as fast as the original C 99:skiiing:

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I got a quick question I could do the research but I’d rather ask you guys I’m very curious what was in Jack Herer that C 99 eventually was discovered out of the reason I’m asking is I’m trying to find explanations for the super fast Pheno I got from Wally because it’s just as fast as the original C 99:skiiing:

If I recall Jack Herer was bred from the three big ones: NL5, Skunk#1and Haze. So Haze influenced high with a Skunk/NL influenced flowering time.

Breadwizard

IIRC it is thought to be (NL5 x [NL5 x SK]) x HzC

Raho

Veteran

Nev said that Jack Herrer was (super) silver haze.

Haze
. . . (snip!)

The only good haze that hit the market was from two males A and C.

Hz C male produced 5Hz1 which won a Cup or 2, this was a daughter of NL5 which won a cup. 5Hz1 when crossed with Sk1x HzC produced Silver Haze which won a Cup. Ben renamed it Jack Herrer. Somebody else renamed it Diesel. 5HzC X Sk1Hz C was not as good as 5Hz1. Mango Haze (5Hz122)is a full sister to 5Hz1 and these two were the best out of tens of thousands.

Haze A produced 5HzA2 (5A2) and was featured on the cover of the 1990 catalogue and is the mother of Nevil's Haze, the father being HzC.
. . .
https://mrnice.nl/forum/threads/ques...308/post-57277

The seeds that produced C99 supposedly came from jack herrer bag seed. I think the general theory is that the rogue pollen donor might have been a super skunk?

Old member Nugget Shiner ran pretty much all the popular pure C99 lines made in the ~2012 era.
That means Wally, JLP, and Joey Weed (if I left one out, forgive me.)

For his own line I believe he combined a JLP and a Wally parent.
I exchanged a few PMs about it back then and he told me that all 3 of those lines were very close to the same.

If you look at his "Media" here (don't get me started) you can still see some of his work with them.
https://www.icmag.com/member/26830-nuggetshiner/media

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

Hi Star no one really knows officially what Jack Herer and what C 99 is but Nevil says Jack Herer is SSH from smoking and looking at the flowers.

Now was the seed found from Jack Herer and even if it was from Jack Herer did it self pollinate or was it pollinated from something other than Jack Herer. As they would of been running clones to produce flower for the coffee shops.

What strain did you find that run as fast as the C99 and what flowering time we talking from seed ?.

TheDarkStorm

Hi Star no one really knows officially what Jack Herer and what C 99 is but Nevil says Jack Herer is SSH from smoking and looking at the flowers.

Now was the seed found from Jack Herer and even if it was from Jack Herer did it self pollinate or was it pollinated from something other than Jack Herer. As they would of been running clones to produce flower for the coffee shops.

What strain did you find that run as fast as the C99 and what flowering time we talking from seed ?.

Nevil knew....suppose he didnt want to completely make sensi look like idiots.....but wen sensi first unveiled jack herer they credited nevil with its creation....nevil was still at sensi then....the cutting came from a line nevil called silver haze...it probably shares the exact same father as the original ac line (a line nevil made in the late 80's) shanti developed his ac male from.....how sensi got that cut into seedform is a different story.....

TheDarkStorm

StarCrash Donald has used lines that may have had certain tech used to create them....i think ibl mango being one...an im not sure what nevils haze haze been used but it aint looked like the original in years.....imagine a ball rolling...a certain path has been set in motion.....alot of those lines coming from those plants share the same traits.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Nevil knew....suppose he didnt want to completely make sensi look like idiots.....but wen sensi first unveiled jack herer they credited nevil with its creation....nevil was still at sensi then....the cutting came from a line nevil called silver haze...it probably shares the exact same father as the original ac line (a line nevil made in the late 80's) shanti developed his ac male from.....how sensi got that cut into seedform is a different story.....

Nevil did not like Ben Dronkers from memory Nev told me it was ether Silver Haze or Super Silver Haze but he felt stronger it was the SSH.

The ibl Mango Haze is the Mango Haze that was released to the public. There were 2 Mango Haze versions.

1/ Was the Mango Haze test seed that used the Sk x HzA father over 122.

2/ The released version that used the Sk x HzC father over 122 this ones more grower friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.