What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevil was my friend not my hero medicine77 lets get that straight .

Nevil had 5 females come from all the seed he bought from Sam and 2 males.

Nevil made pure Haze also he tried all types of combinations and his best 2 breeding plants were his males.

Hahahaha Nevil was full of shit, did he keep any of the fems? he didn't keep his best. He also only seemed to of had HzC and HzA crosses.
Some of you are far too gullible, he had 7 plants 2 males and if he did a pure line he did nothing with it hence he used the 69 males (his own words say he had no line, hence he stated he could only look for the HzA through the outcrosses to NL5 etc after it was lost and how you get Nevs haze), Haze B was discarded the others? lost? or bunk?
L33t used to say Nev crossed the seeds he got off SamS yet Nevs own words disproved this, so again no pure line, no selection!! it's all there on the MNS site.
Like I say gullible even Shanti was.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Was it not the case of he had to use males as the best female he had was not cloned and lost? I don't think for one minute it was planned and was through necessity, would also of made practical sense having some clones already to be hit like his NL5.
I think like with most breeding you want the pollen donor to produce reliable results ie pass what it is meant to.

Edit: I see TH already more or less got at the fact your hero should of preserved 1st instead he was left with no choice.

Oh hear we go again
33 post to your name ? , dont be a pussy and post with your real handle.

How come others or Sam didnt come through with a better Haze with all the seeds he had ?.

If they did we would talk about them like we do about Neville but nobody come close to what Neville achieved.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hahahaha Nevil was full of shit, did he keep any of the fems? he didn't keep his best. He also only seemed to of had HzC and HzA crosses.
Some of you are far too gullible, he had 7 plants 2 males and if he did a pure line he did nothing with it hence he used the 69 males (his own words say he had no line, hence he stated he could only look for the HzA through the outcrosses to NL5 etc after it was lost and how you get Nevs haze), Haze B was discarded the others? lost? or bunk?
L33t used to say Nev crossed the seeds he got off SamS yet Nevs own words disproved this, so again no pure line, no selection!! it's all there on the MNS site.

Even if he didnt keep the females in his early years , he achieved more and better Hazes and advanced our Haze industry like no other

Oh hear we go again

How come others or Sam didnt come through with a better Haze with all the seeds he had ?.

If they did we would talk about them like we do about Neville but nobody come close to what Neville achieved.

xxxxxxxxxx All of NevS "Haze" were outcrossed with SamS seeds you friggin xxxxx, it all came from SamS ffs what did Nev actually work? Least shanti worked it out in the end.
I've been here under various names not that it concerns you, shall I list them to please you? - Kopite or as it is now medicine77

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if he didnt keep the females in his early years , he achieved more and better Hazes and advanced our Haze industry like no other

hahahahahaha he got 7 seeds form however many and outcrossed them to known good clones he had ffs the haze industry of Northern light and ahem Skunk (just were would he of been without SamS and others?)

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
xxxxxxxxxx All of NevS "Haze" were outcrossed with SamS seeds you friggin xxxxx, it all came from SamS ffs what did Nev actually work? Least shanti worked it out in the end.
I've been here under various names not that it concerns you, shall I list them to please you? - Kopite or as it is now medicine77

I see your banned now but why wasnt anything further or better found from the Millions of O Haze seeds sam had ? , Millions and Neville had 7 ?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I see your banned now but why wasnt anything further or better found from the Millions of O Haze seeds sam had ? , Millions and Neville had 7 ?

how do you know nothing better was found ??
id guess many things that get found are never released to the market ,
not every guy is a breeder , or shares what he finds ,
so in every likely hood as good or better was found ,
just never made it to the market ....

TheDarkStorm

Actually hazeA and fh were lost prematurely. All other combinations were made, eg bc , dc and omega C.... including reversing the male on to itself an seeds kept.....and taking plants from that reversal both male an female an those tested in all combinations. Pretty difficult to get the exact qualities of a f1 through inbreeding.....also the female clones got from sam taken in the hopes of being something good.....an those were tested too in combinations....certain plants produce better results....an while the plants were around the results spoke for themselves.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMO it's not possible for the seeds Nevil had were the only seeds that produced good plants.. It's more likely the keepers found by others were not shared or Sam just didn't grow many of them. Quality is in the eye of he beholder. That can very drastically between people.

HelloHello

Actually hazeA and fh were lost prematurely. All other combinations were made, eg bc , dc and omega C.... including reversing the male on to itself an seeds kept.....and taking plants from that reversal both male an female an those tested in all combinations. Pretty difficult to get the exact qualities of a f1 through inbreeding.....also the female clones got from sam taken in the hopes of being something good.....an those were tested too in combinations....certain plants produce better results....an while the plants were around the results spoke for themselves.

Omega was ditched for a start -

Everything useful was from before 1970. The one plant that came up from '70 batch, Omega, was at best 25% haze and didn't make the grade.
N.

He said he selfed HzC yet didn't understand why you'd see males in the offspring but he said he did it, if he did the other crosses he never did anything with them

HelloHello

Oh hear we go again

odd how that's not an insult to begin with yet replying to it with "wank yerself silly" is and gets you a ban??

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I had the fortune of getting to know Nevil on a personal level and hearing all of the story of his life and that included the Haze story and all he did with the seed he paid Sam for. Were not talking 10 seed here were talking 1000 or 1000s of very old Haze seed.

Unlike most i had no business arrangement or inserts with him or did i care to.

The guy like it or not knew how to breed and that was expressed in his work.

I have spent over 2 decades working with his Haze work and so have many others in the Canna community.

Even now that his no longer with us people are still working with his work but now you can include the work he did in the last part of his life and a lot of that work believe it or not is yet to be germinated.

TheDarkStorm

Omega was ditched for a start -

He said he selfed HzC yet didn't understand why you'd see males in the offspring but he said he did it, if he did the other crosses he never did anything with them

You could of bought the seeds privately from him....some were sold.....maybe you should of got some ........not shure what your on about about not understanding why you would see males....it was a reversed male...not female...I think nevil understood this perfectly...aswell as understanding why a certain percentage wouldn't pop.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Nevil made Haze C Square because inbreeding the pure haze did not produce the same quality of Haze plants as the parents.

So he reversed the haze C male and tried that.

He tried all possible combinations with the pure Haze.

In the end the best way forward was to out cross the HzA male to NL5 and select a female from that matting to then combine HzC male making the Nevil's Haze.

The Grail project was about re working Haze again and the OUT Back Haze was just one line to come from that work.

I dont care to share any more as i am tired of being trolled /insulted and seeing Nevil continuously being targeted by people that have done nothing.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Anyone trying to discredit Neville gets no respect from me... He is obviously one of the most special characters in ganja history.. Thanks to him I got to enjoy Haze... and its variation can be traced.... I can try Haze A, and Haze C because of him. Just from a journalist, or catalog perspective... We can compare, and judge so many projects, and lineages from his work.... Indica, and sativa... Hybrids.... He let us try his collection, and he collected all across the world... Its not about who made haze or blah blah... Its about who gave you a chance to try it.
Most are too lazy to pheno sift, or they are incompetent or they lose them, because of police... Either way... He sifted for us, and labeled them for comparison on a large scale compared to anyone since....
Sam gave out his skunk haze mass scale and nobody did shit with them but gift them to others as freebies 5 years later... Nobody labeled them and let millions of people try a Skunk Haze A for labels sake...

Ncali

Veteran
how do you know nothing better was found ??
id guess many things that get found are never released to the market ,
not every guy is a breeder , or shares what he finds ,
so in every likely hood as good or better was found ,
just never made it to the market ....

Isnt that a wonderful thought? How curious. What remains hidden under the viel of secrecy due to prohibition, ignorance, or even ego/hubris/greed?

Haha.

Always a curious thought. How much progress might be had under better social conditions. How many cool plants and seeds we might all have access too, let alone experinces and people. And you would THINK that cannabis would be the exact kind of substance to 'breed' those conditions that allow that kind of thing to happen. You would think.

However, this thread on this website, and through so many years on so many other websites, and threads, and media formats all over the world go to provide EXTENSIVE evidence that...

Some of yall just smoking whack ass shwag, damn.

Smoke kind, be kind.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with Nevil, Hempy. Polarizing figure.

No matter your thoughts about the gentleman, if youve ever smoked anything that came from his pedigrees (independent of thier history, just the smoke) you imperically know the man had talent. Ssh, nl5hz alone defined a generation of cannabis.

Some outdoor nevils haze cross grown this year, cheers to nevil. This plant wouldn't be what it is without him.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211120_100030.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.2 KB ID:	17998048
nh x mh x gt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts