What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkyhorse

maybe I not strictly thai....it looks very very similar to whats going around as the highland laos...theres phenotypes coming out with that same colour...same leaf structure, same stacking and similar dread locked bud structure..similar conical cola structure...there are even purple ones similar to what comes out of thunk.....only thing on the nevils is the nodes or leaf distance is more spread out and takes on a more unique shape..its the sort of triangular type growth on that f2 that makes it look different to haze alone to me. But overall still a very interesting plant to find.
im not sure on this but does reef use the same thai haze in some of his stuff.

oh by the way hempy those nevils are looking very cool...thanks for updating with the pics.

Hi TDS
I hope you dont mind. I am running both Highland Laos #1 and Thunk
They dont look similar to each other at all and neither Thunk nor Highland Laos look like the old landrace Thai/Lao stuff from not so long ago
On the first sample I have of Highland Laos I obtained a nice high, need 2 Mighty capsules to be ok but it gives a lot of munchies and I really dislike munchies, it is not a feature I am looking for in ganja. The second girl buds dont look similar at all to my first sample
Highland Laos #1 girl 2
Big round buds very productive, pictures from some moments ago
Top shot
Highland Laos fem 2.jpeg

Lower bud
Highland Laos fem 2 (2).jpeg

Thunk girl#2
Full structure
Thunk fem 3 (3).jpeg

Lower bud, it is starting to make nice spikes, columnar not productive plant on a small size
Thunk fem 3 (4).jpeg

Thunk #3
It is making Thunk F2's same as all her sisters. Getting purple from the cold
Thunk fem 2 (3).jpeg

TheDarkStorm

Click image for larger version  Name:	EZ-Qb1YXYAAGoay.jpg Views:	0 Size:	245.7 KB ID:	17861940
Click image for larger version  Name:	images (2).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	29.7 KB ID:	17861941 Click image for larger version  Name:	download (1).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	21.4 KB ID:	17861942
Hi TDS
I hope you dont mind. I am running both Highland Laos #1 and Thunk
They dont look similar to each other at all and neither Thunk nor Highland Laos look like the old landrace Thai/Lao stuff from not so long ago
On the first sample I have of Highland Laos I obtained a nice high, need 2 Mighty capsules to be ok but it gives a lot of munchies and I really dislike munchies, it is not a feature I am looking for in ganja. The second girl buds dont look similar at all to my first sample
Highland Laos #1 girl 2
Big round buds very productive, pictures from some moments ago
Top shot

Lower bud

Thunk girl#2
Full structure

Lower bud, it is starting to make nice spikes, columnar not productive plant on a small size

Thunk #3
It is making Thunk F2's same as all her sisters. Getting purple from the cold

I dont mind at all funky horse.....as we all as individuals will see things from different prespectives/viewpoints. It these types of phenotypes im refering to (the ones pictured) when i mean highland laos...there are similar ones that come out of loa prabhang but those seem to have much more internodal spacing. Ofcourse the lao/thai used in the thunk would of come from a different era so there will be diffrences to highland laos. When using the f1 thunk and comparing to laos will be different too and harder to see as the thunk is 50% skunk...but going into f2 similar phenotypes to the parents used can and usually do show up, sometimes perhaps combined in different or enhanced ways. I do agre its not exactly the same as the pictures or the exact laos that is in the pictures...and indoor some traits can display a little different to outdoors..but from the f2 thunk to me atleast its pretty obvious the f2 plant is very laos leaning but with a more enhanced resin count and slightly thicker harder bigger dreadlocks..a bit more refined

edit . Not sure why this post came out abit jumbled up

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
maybe I not strictly thai....it looks very very similar to whats going around as the highland laos...theres phenotypes coming out with that same colour...same leaf structure, same stacking and similar dread locked bud structure..similar conical cola structure...there are even purple ones similar to what comes out of thunk.....only thing on the nevils is the nodes or leaf distance is more spread out and takes on a more unique shape..its the sort of triangular type growth on that f2 that makes it look different to haze alone to me. But overall still a very interesting plant to find.
im not sure on this but does reef use the same thai haze in some of his stuff.

oh by the way hempy those nevils are looking very cool...thanks for updating with the pics.

I have only ever seen the braided flower types on Haze lines never seen them in other sats.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have only ever seen the braided flower types on Haze lines never seen them in other sats.

It happens in Sativa lines as well. A great example is Dr.Greenspoon. No clue what its genetic makeup is. It's listed as a pure Sativa heirloom bred by Barney’s Farm. There was another someone posted I cant remember what it was.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
It happens in Sativa lines as well. A great example is Dr.Greenspoon. No clue what its genetic makeup is. It's listed as a pure Sativa heirloom bred by Barney’s Farm. There was another someone posted I cant remember what it was.

I have honestly never seen a sativa grow braided flowers like that Hammer only a Nevils haze i saw it show up in.

Dr.Greenspoon i think is a haze hybrid of some type and going by what i read from people growing it out that trait is not as common as people think.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have honestly never seen a sativa grow braided flowers like that Hammer only a Nevils haze i saw it show up in.

Dr.Greenspoon i think is a haze hybrid of some type and going by what i read from people growing it out that trait is not as common as people think.

.GSpoon has never listed what the genetics are. If you had ever tried it your might opinion would hold more weight. I don't give opinions on anything without at least some experience with the genetics being discussed.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
.GSpoon has never listed what the genetics are. If you had ever tried it your might opinion would hold more weight. I don't give opinions on anything without at least some experience with the genetics being discussed.

I go by what i read from growers that have grown it personally i wouldn't spend money buying seed from barrnys or what ever there called and grow something that looks to me to be just a ok line at best that has odd bud formation as a selling point.

Dr Grinspoon was a legend the strain called Grinspoon is not.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
whats the sk haze x Hawaiian like Sub did they use the sinsi Hawaiian indica in that cross ?

I grew the Hawaiian indica many many years ago very weak cannabis in my opinion.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
umm i think thats grinspoon , not greenspoon ,,,
not sure if the doctor ever called himself ,
or would want to be called greenspoon ... hahaha ..

i had an idea it was called something else when it first came around ...

anyhow ,, i have seen thai flowers that had the stacked calyxes type of growth like pictured above ,
ill find a pic , a girl i know , thai girl , has grown some recently ,, its from thai blood , no colombian/south American genetics at all ..

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Spelling of his names sorted hammer do the same mate or we may find Donald complaining about it for decades to come.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Spelling of his names sorted hammer do the same mate or we may find Donald complaining about it for decades to come.

well maybe 4 or 5 years ,
decades is a bit of an exaggeration , hahahaha ..

do you recall any other names given to that variety other than grinspoon ?? aka greenspoon (lol)

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

Very different but unique in its own right not seen flowers like that on Thai ether.[/QUOTE]

yea the calyxes look like horns ,
i have seen it before , but not much ,
i think they call it horny weed ,, lol ..

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Very different but unique in its own right not seen flowers like that on Thai ether.

yea the calyxes look like horns ,
i have seen it before , but not much ,
i think they call it horny weed ,, lol ..[/QUOTE]

They do look like little horns wounder how it smokes never seen a Thia line produce flowers like that before.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
she didnt mention ,
very informative girl though usually ,
not too many thai girls even toke let alone become well informed like that girl ,

she showed these pictures also of some stuff a friend of hers sourced from Laos ..

19466447_458865861153062_7071282899330548068_o.jpg
19420516_458865501153098_4834319503927247411_n.jpg
19238055_458865851153063_4226550271812435059_o.jpg

Goodherb

she didnt mention ,
very informative girl though usually ,
not too many thai girls even toke let alone become well informed like that girl ,

she showed these pictures also of some stuff a friend of hers sourced from Laos ..

Seem like someone (maybe a few others)are putting in the necessary work ,to try to represent a true expression of the glorious (high) days.
if or when they do, achieve such gold .

Companies in the newly formed legal cannabis space , ,will find it difficult to fend off international tokers , with a stick !

DON, looking good !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts