The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Same dude. Statcrash was Nexus7.
Remember that killer ssh he used to run?

lol, I didn't know he used another name here :good:. I used another name for a bit. Skip was kind enough to merge those posts back to HH

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran

TPFTFW

Veteran
This guy has a 30 year old skunk 1 , NL and now Original Haze, wow thats some legendary strains so yes im sceptical.

aww thank u

First off, I sent thadocta (an online presence I actually respect, unlike yourself) samples of my old skunk(he confirmed what I already knew) 2nd I’m giving samples of my NL to Seattle Greg (edit: not in an attempt to give my cut validity but the fact I simply want to know what it is, I know how old it is and where it came from(my family)) 3rd edit: what am I even doing defending myself to some clown like yourself
I truly don’t care who u are or what you’ve done
I simply care about your actions and how you’ve treated me
which is poor so I could care less about you or yours..
have solace knowing you won’t ever get within 100 yards of something I’ve

so while you can go and bitch,
some of us are actually doing real work to preserve shit and respect those that came before us

I’m done with this thread for now
this isn’t fun to participate in

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
It is not that uncommon to come across people with genetics they have been growing for 40 or more years.

Away from the forums people share genetics with in their circle of friends i still have seeds of the first plants i grew highly unlikely they will ever germinate now but i put them in storage years ago thinking that in the future a method to germinating old seed like tissue culture may work.

Most people had accesses to good genetics and were things went wrong was few if any of us knew how to store seed / genetics long term most of us including my self thought a dark draw was were you stored seed in air tight containers.

That worked great for short term storage but go back to a given strain 5 or 10 years later and you fast realize the strain is lost.

The old lines that survived did so because they are being grown and shared and fresh seed is made regularly.

No older growers kept clones first i herd of clones was mid 80s out door growers planted seed clones came with the indoor grow revaluation.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Once the moisture inside seeds dries up the seeds are toast. Keeping that locked inside you can keep seeds indefinitely.

TPFTFW

Veteran
my family was using rooting powder and weeping willow tea to clone in the 80’s

I’ve had great success popping old seeds invitro,
A lot of people don’t trust these newer companies (phylos for example and obvious reasons) so they’re sending seeds to people like me to pop them for them under sterile lab conditions.
friends are sending me a bunch of stuff to crack for them because they know me, and I’m not corporate backed or have a giant grow..
I’m just happy and blessed to have the friends I do and access that I have.
it’s surreal

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I researched seed storage 2 decades ago and the best info came from the university of hawaiian and as a result now i can pull out 20 year old seed and get up to 95% germination.

All the older growers i know and come across i tell them how to store the seed now and hope they do the same by doing this i hope more things stay preserved.

TPFTFW i have been thinking to do a course on tissu couture but i know some one that has done it for years i am in contact with now and become friends with.I also read that coconut water diluted with a sterile water is also very good for germinating old seed. I was told only days ago that there is a tissu couture medium with coconut water also.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Once the moisture inside seeds dries up the seeds are toast. Keeping that locked inside you can keep seeds indefinitely.

The seed embryo has fluid then has what i call the seed embryo case and when the fluid drys the embryo case sticks to the seed embryo and unless you remove it the seed embryo dies.

I have germinated old seed were i had to remove the embryo case and got a few of the seed embryos up to grow into plants.

With say tissu culture you can place the seed embryo into the medium and have them grow out.a lot easier with good results i am assuming.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The seed embryo has fluid then has what i call the seed embryo case and when the fluid drys the embryo case sticks to the seed embryo and unless you remove it the seed embryo dies.

I have germinated old seed were i had to remove the embryo case and got a few of the seed embryos up to grow into plants.

With say tissu culture you can place the seed embryo into the medium and have them grow out.a lot easier with good results i am assuming.

picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep but when you open up a seed you see the embryo case and seed embryo being white in old seed the fluid drys and that is why they don't germinate and die.

Dude, There's always a but with you. I know what the seeds look like inside. I just said the same thing. Once the moisture is gone the seeds are dead. You cant bring them back.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Dude, There's always a but with you. I know what the seeds look like inside. I just said the same thing. Once the moisture is gone the seeds are dead. You cant bring them back.

You can that was the point of my posts explained why and i have had people contact me years later and thank me for posting that info many years ago.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can that was the point of my posts explained why and i have had people contact me years later and thank me for posting that info many years ago.

:laughing: OK dude if you say so it must be true. There's plenty of us in here that have been growing as long or longer than you. Stop acting like your the ganja king and your info is the only info thats correct. Just makes you look like an ass.

TheDarkStorm

Sam put your ibl line to this clone....lets see wat happens.....im surprised no one has done this with a clone held for over 30 years.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
How do you do the seeds invitro?

I do have a plant tissue propagation kit, but I thought it only worked on green tissue.

I have a massive collection of very old special seeds, that are about hopeless to pop now.
my family was using rooting powder and weeping willow tea to clone in the 80’s

I’ve had great success popping old seeds invitro,
A lot of people don’t trust these newer companies (phylos for example and obvious reasons) so they’re sending seeds to people like me to pop them for them under sterile lab conditions.
friends are sending me a bunch of stuff to crack for them because they know me, and I’m not corporate backed or have a giant grow..
I’m just happy and blessed to have the friends I do and access that I have.
it’s surreal

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
:laughing: OK dude if you say so it must be true. There's plenty of us in here that have been growing as long or longer than you. Stop acting like your the ganja king and your info is the only info thats correct. Just makes you look like an ass.

Shearing information is what forums like this are about Hammer now if it bothers you that i or others share info then i suggest you build a bridge and get over it.

I could not give a rats what you think to be completely honest.

TheDarkStorm

How do you do the seeds invitro?

I do have a plant tissue propagation kit, but I thought it only worked on green tissue.

I have a massive collection of very old special seeds, that are about hopeless to pop now.

You hav to extract the embryo from the seed an sack dr p.....if its still a healthy white it should work.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shearing information is what forums like this are about Hammer now if it bothers you that i or others share info then i suggest you build a bridge and get over it.

I could not give a rats what you think to be completely honest.

We all share info. When you post its the only info that correct. Everyone else can just fuk off. The info you just posted was garbage. If people want to believe your special process of adding moisture back into a dried up seed some how makes the seeds viable again can. IMO its just total BS to prop up your ego. You cant for the life of you except what other posts. You just proved it with some made up fantasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts