What's new

the Hand Watering coco thread

Any of you having any luck with ZERO RUNOFF and Feed>Feed>Feed>Feed until the end and then just flush?

Im on week 5 of this with a few tables and have to say its been doing great. Feeding Foliage Pro only and DRip Clean, 600ppm the first few weeks and then 1000ppm the next few. No issues with the plants. No runoff.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
My buddy told me let my small plants in 6" pots dry out till the plants are slightly drooping then water to prevent overwatering. My leafe tips even on new growth is slightly yellow in wondering if it's from over or under watering? I'm reading here to never let it dry? Any help my first crop in coco just switched from soil

it sounds like you,ve answered your own question. letting coco dry out kind of ruins the whole advantage it brings to the table. the thing i hear over and over is to wait til half the water weight is gone before watering again. that will be nowhere near dry or wilting. as the roots develop that will happen faster and faster til they hopefully need it several waterings a day.

Any of you having any luck with ZERO RUNOFF and Feed>Feed>Feed>Feed until the end and then just flush?

Im on week 5 of this with a few tables and have to say its been doing great. Feeding Foliage Pro only and DRip Clean, 600ppm the first few weeks and then 1000ppm the next few. No issues with the plants. No runoff.

anyone?

Bueller

Bueller

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
I heard an interview with the owner of dyna. Really interesting made me curious to try this product. So I was intrigued by your post earlier in the thread. After hearing the interview I'm actually not skeptical of your success with it. That's a high ec. Have you tried lower and had less yield vigor quality etc. I can find most of thier base nutes on the shelf except that one. That's the one I want. Sounds perfect as a base nute for flowering I'm confused why it's not available at any of the hydro shops. Thanks for posting.

Snow Crash

Veteran
400w Sunmaster Full Nova 6000k 3x3 tent 6" blockbuster. Running the Cyco Platinum series, plus CES Uncle John's Blend, and Drip Clean. All as directed. Hand water as needed, drain to waste. Canna Coco, 1 gallon smart pots, day 40 flowering. Random cross breeds from old grows. Probably some Lemon Skunk, herijuana, Alien OG, and KC Brains Brazillian, crossed with who knows what. Started about 40 plants, whittled it down to just these 7.

I hope this works. I'm mobile.

Attachments

• IMG_20140712_001210.jpg
    IMG_20140712_001210.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20140712_000918.jpg
    IMG_20140712_000918.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20140712_001516.jpg
    IMG_20140712_001516.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20140712_001332.jpg
    IMG_20140712_001332.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20140712_001426.jpg
    IMG_20140712_001426.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

RetroGrow

Veteran
I'm confused why it's not available at any of the hydro shops.

Because it's not snake oil and doesn't have a big enough markup for hydro stores. First time I used Dynagro was in the 70s, after using Peter's Professional before that.
Dynagro always has worked, and still does. After all, it's fertilizer, not rocket science. Excellent one-part, and inexpensive.

i have some left over grow micro and bloom of gh 3 part series.. currently in coco and hydroton in veg . im currently mixing all three parts in equal amounts, with ro water and 5ml/gal of calmag+.... anyone have any experience with coco and gh in equal parts?? I know the 6/9 method is most used..ive used that before but I was wanting to use all three parts in coco...any with any experience or suggestions , let me know ! currently im at 1.0ec and 5.9-6.0 ph ...looking good so far

I heard an interview with the owner of dyna. Really interesting made me curious to try this product. So I was intrigued by your post earlier in the thread. After hearing the interview I'm actually not skeptical of your success with it. That's a high ec. Have you tried lower and had less yield vigor quality etc. I can find most of thier base nutes on the shelf except that one. That's the one I want. Sounds perfect as a base nute for flowering I'm confused why it's not available at any of the hydro shops. Thanks for posting.

It's been amazing for us. We run it all the way up to 2.0ec. Never do runoff anymore and just add some DC. Works great.

I use it to week 6 of flower then cut it out and just use a bloom nute and something like a Bloom Booster

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
i have some left over grow micro and bloom of gh 3 part series.. currently in coco and hydroton in veg . im currently mixing all three parts in equal amounts, with ro water and 5ml/gal of calmag+.... anyone have any experience with coco and gh in equal parts?? I know the 6/9 method is most used..ive used that before but I was wanting to use all three parts in coco...any with any experience or suggestions , let me know ! currently im at 1.0ec and 5.9-6.0 ph ...looking good so far

Maybe you will have problems or slower growth at some point. 5ml calmag+ sounds crazy as the GH flora has plenty of calmag in the micro. In the GH feeding schedules that the company posts they call for no added calmag. The only time they recommend equal parts grow bloom and micro is the first week you flip to 12/12. But try what ever you want to. I'm doing 6/9 and may try their 3 part feeding schedule next. Here, check out their drain to waste feeding schedules:
http://generalhydroponics.com/site/index.php/resources/feeding_schedule/

DropDropDrop

Been on the handwatering coco crew some time and with how i like to grow and my living situation etc. it's the perfect method for me now.
Pure coco, feeding Canna a+b, pk13/14, tapwater, adjusting ph to somewhere around 5,5 - 6. Flushing with ph'd tapwater. Most times with runoff, but i dont sweat it if i sometimes dont have any. No fuzz, plants just grow themselves.

Weeded1s

Could I technically hand feed 6/9 with .4ec drip clean with no run off like everyone is doing with the blumats and not worry about nute toxicity? ..if so I can just mix a week worth of nutes and have a friend water where the plants are instead of moving them to tub for run off?
P.s. or would I need to drop to 1.2 ec and .4 ec drio clean vs. The 6/9 ratio as it gives me 1.4 ec

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Could I technically hand feed 6/9 with .4ec drip clean with no run off like everyone is doing with the blumats and not worry about nute toxicity? ..if so I can just mix a week worth of nutes and have a friend water where the plants are instead of moving them to tub for run off?
P.s. or would I need to drop to 1.2 ec and .4 ec drio clean vs. The 6/9 ratio as it gives me 1.4 ec

It's 1ml/gal drip clean with no runoff. No need to drop the ec, I've gone as high as 1.8. Only problem with doing what you want is your plants should be grown with at least .4 of the dc, as you don't want to slam them with dc in the middle of the grow- so says the manufacturer- it may screw up the plants. What week are you plants in and have they grown with dc so far? I hit some advanced plants in veg with the 1ml dc and they never missed a beat but I wouldn't have tried that if they were in bloom.

Weeded1s

Nah im just asking for future ref. Just trying to figure out ways to feed if a vacation is in order. Just switched to coco and picking up some new clones this week. I always run a perpetual veg and flower so even if im not flowering id still have stuff in veg that needed to be watered.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Nah im just asking for future ref. Just trying to figure out ways to feed if a vacation is in order. Just switched to coco and picking up some new clones this week. I always run a perpetual veg and flower so even if im not flowering id still have stuff in veg that needed to be watered.

Then start using 1ml dc on all new plants in coco. When the day comes where you need to go to no runoff you'll be ready. My clones that I root in a aerocloner get 1ml/gal same day I put them in coco and everyday after including final flush. No runoff no problems, runoff using 1ml/gal dc is also no problem.

elusified

Hey great thread.im using cubes but wanna switch to coco,my concern is with the ph levels.Im using GH Duo and it ph's the mix naturally.Im wondering if the coco changes the nute mix after its already been ph'd.Like is there a chemical change once the nutes hit the coco?

elusified

Its all the same feeding amounts apparently ...im just wondering since coco is an organic medium that it may affect the ph when the nutes are absorbed.whatever ill check around.thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts