What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MediNice

Thanks for the foliar tip Tom. I'll try that for now. In regards to the dripline, for some reason your post didn't show up when I was looking, and I was asking if the fish hydrolysate and cold pressed kelp and molasses (recommended by Trinity) would clog the drip line. I just finished my drip, but forgot to attach an inline filter because I thought I was going to run pbp, but now i want to go organic on the cheap and use liquid organic amendments. I'm worried about clogged lines, and have yet decided which nutes, and how to use them without buying 8k worth of pbp and a few suplements (the safe and experienced route).

Everyone's ladies are looking well, I see arm length colas in the near future for y'all. Those are already huge HL!

I just got mine plugged the other day... topped at 3 feet tall... im worried if i will make my quota per plant :(

picture.php

picture.php

Click my signature link to help start my thread! Thanks guys, everyones looks great!

deltronZER0

Has anyone heard of Dr. Dorights organic pest and mold preventative/treatment?
Its apparently all organic, don't think it has any bacteria or anything, just garlic, peppermint, and other shit oil in it.
is it real deal? or are they blowin smoke up my ass with their organic bs?

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Has anyone heard of Dr. Dorights organic pest and mold preventative/treatment?
Its apparently all organic, don't think it has any bacteria or anything, just garlic, peppermint, and other shit oil in it.
is it real deal? or are they blowin smoke up my ass with their organic bs?

Ah Peppermint-garlic Kush. Now that does sound good.

plough

So... I've got 5 plants outside in one 30 gallon smart pot ... and this being right near the summer solstice I don't see them stretching much for a little while, but I was thinking maybe I should fit a larger container around them.. with some chicken wire and some landscaping fabric... in a week or so ... for a better budset.
With that in mind, I thought I'd use some decent soil and ammend it with some mexi bat guano, maybe some gypsum, dolomitic lime, and Espoma Bio-tone. Maybe a little kelp, too.
Or should I wait a while longer?

Here is a shot from about a week ago. I'm also trying to figure out what kind of support to use for them. They're about 4' tall but only started branching-out recently after stetching to about 3', due to less-than-optimal light exposure.
ps. strain is ganesh Strawberry Diesel f2's.. I'm hoping they'll finish around mid-October.

Attachments

• StrawD_top.jpg
    StrawD_top.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 13

nomaad

Veteran
Nice shot, TG. That black box looks lush. Doesn;t look like you're pulling tarp yet. When? edit: Oh wait... i see your tarp back there... was expecting to see it along the side.

Anybody think that there is a problem mixing BTi with Predator Nematodes? I can't find a mention of one killing the other anywhere... thought you boys might have a definitive. Thanks.

T

Trinity Gold

I'm a couple days in on the tarp pull. Going to be a mid august finish of all Bomb Threat :) Lovin the warm weather and it finally staying warmer at night..

T

Trinity Gold

I mean that it isn't abruptly dropping in temperature any more. It's still warm till about 1 or so then it cools off to the high 50s and the sun is coming up around 5:30 sooo there isn't as big of a period of "chilling" time on them, at least in my yard..which has made for a big growth spurt.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Yeah, Theres some weird shit going on in the Sun. Real slow movement of Hydrogen to the center, and faster movement on the surface. Theres also an extended period of no Sun spots. Somethings changed maybe just a bit. I think that causing what were seeing

dest

Diffusers: The first is a 10" Diaphragm Diffuser, providing a shower of air bubbles from the bottom of the tank, the second is a Rod Diffuser that I made. It is placed directly down the center of the Filter Bag, constantly aerating your dry mix...as illustrated in the following photos:

Last but not least, a high quality, cold-processed Fish Hydrolysate is added...I will also alternate using Molasses every other batch...

Here they are, bubbling away. 660 Gallons of Compost Tea, ready to be deployed tomorrow morning....

picture.php

This is just one of many ways you can approach Tea Brewing folks. There is a TON of info online, do some searching and come up with your own mixes....remember it's supposed to be fun!

Now GET TO WORK!!!

Sory if this is bringing back an old post but I have a question.

Do you ever get algae in your compost tea?

Some of my nutrients, Iguana juice in particular seem too cause explosions of algal growth :hide: My soulution is... algaflex or something like that.

Hey OD guys... how does everyone feel about firearm possession and the federal laws surrounding the growing aspect of our lives?

Would you rather be judged by 12 or carried by 6?

ROOTWISE

Veteran
dest-

No algae. Keep the tanks very clean between batches, I can't imagine getting algae blooms in a 24 hour brew cycle??

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hehe, nice outfit bro, them some long johns,lol.

instead of a cold freeze the first weeks of june here, we had a nice hail storm, up to quarter size hail, which just tore off the fans on the outdoor here. beat my veggie garden into the ground.

so have some nice lookin purple stems pokin outta the ground,lol

mad rush now to get somethin out

CBF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts