What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

onetime64

Tom i am trying to make cages to support my plants inside 120g and 200g pots..... there abour 3-4ft right now and need to do something quick... i cant find any weld wire..... how tall should i make them... 5ft 6ft 6.5 ft... those are the heights of fencing i found... what do you recommend... do i also need the bamboo stakes.. to hold the cages..

nomaad

Veteran
onetime: search this thread for posts by Butte. Excellent trellising tutorial. I also answer your question a little more in my thread.

chemsteady

;

;

hashman; maybe :D

onetime, nomaads referring to page 16 or so... all butte, graciously laying out the steps he takes to grow monsters. post of the year candidate for a few people here, im sure :D

Hash Man

Yeah...

Yeah...

OK so my plants are officially stressed out. I put them in on June 1, and its ten days later as of today.

I am thinking it could be a watering issue, because when i am testing the moisure level of the core root structure of my plants, it shows around 50 % moisture, but the majority of my 300 gallons of soil is still registering 100% moisture. What should I do? My plants seem to be overwatered, but I cannot let the core dry out...

At least there is a tiny bit of new growth starting to bust out, but I am worried to say the least. I cant wait for some hot temps to come so my soil can actually dry out.

Also, has anyone seen this BT product? It was 20$ for 1lb and should last lots longer than those little safer bottes, and it has a higher spore count apparently.

:thank you: Hash Man

nomaad

Veteran
Hashman... I would not get too worried. They look shocky, but not terribly so.... I bet they come out of it in less than a week...especially with true summer temps on the way. I had this same problem last year with the pots that would just not dry out... keep watering that root ball as needed and all should pull out soon.

What strain(s) of BT does it contain? I am about to hit my soil with BT and Predator nematodes real soon. Just waiting for the nematodes to arrive.

Hash Man

nomaad, it has bacillus thuringiesis, kurstaki strain ABTS-351, fermentation solids, spores, and insecticideal toxins listed as 54% and 46% other ingredients lol...

Its for organic production... it says..

also says its potency is 32000 cabbage looper units (CLU) per mg (14.5 billion per lb.)

hopefully someone will chime in here on whether or not this is safe to use.... i wonder what insecticidal pesticides are included here but not listed.

localhero

hash man, do you think that the dryer soil will suck in that moisture from the outer area of the pot? how far away from the rootball is the wetter soil? if its not too far i dont know if i would want to water more, that might just make things worse. maybe the roots will reach out to that wetter soil. i remember tom saying its important to water the boundary of where the new soil meets the old to "marry" them i think it was.

maybe im crazy but they could look alot worse. maybe hit them with some nice foliar action to help them through the shock?

Nomaad, i just hit all my ladies with the nematodes. um... wash your hands and and dont get that nematode laden solution on you. not sure but my bout with bali belly just happened to coincide with nematode release day. :D

Hash Man

localhero, right on man i was thinking the same thing. 5 on the moisture meter is pretty good so i will just make sure it doesnt dry out too much. and yes i hit them with kelp 3 days ago, i think i will go with some brix mix this time. My pots are too wet cause i watered heavily, and then we got a heavy rain... soon tho, we will be up to 98 degree days and those pots will for sure be dried out and my plants will start to thrive. i olny hope that they dont take as long as yours did during that rainy, cold may. yours look good now for sure, good luck on the rest of the year.

localhero

well yeah they did take long, but still recovered in that 10 to 14 day mark set by Tom Hill. i was having serious doubts about my soil mix and maybe i suck at this and what did i do wrong yadda yadda. then all the sudden around day 10 through 14 it was like they sighed and decided they wanted to live and they are now unrecognizeable from the scraggerly unhappy sticks they once were.

bottom line, Tom is always right.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
bottom line, Tom is always right.

I think Toms Wife might disagree with You on that one Bro

:laughing:

Heres Ms Haze. Shes in ground in the 200 gallon plot.(84 sq feet) The weather never fazed her. She makes purple buds loaded with trichomes.
picture.php

Hash Man

haha every mans wife or gf will disagree about that. but i suppose Tom has been right enought to start producing WWTHD bracelets and give them out at canna events...:smoke:

I am at the ten day mark now, hopefully in 4 or so more days they wil perk right up. I will take more piscs at sunset when I spray with Brix Mix.

nomaad

Veteran
So... om another topic... has anybody heard of the Mendo (super) Mite? A friend of mine claims to have unkillable mites from mendo... Try Comb says he has some kind of hard to kill mite, but neither have used Azatrol. I sent homie home with some azatrol and my secret, never-used store of floramite.

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
A litle oftopic but I see you visit this topic frequently.

Are you planing on releasing something new soon ((;
Are you working on some strains, I would love to hear some names at least :p
I`m sure you have many more gems.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I think hes too busy playing in his gardens. LOL

This is great having buddies on here all growing together and sharing info and results. Only a couple of my friends here know I partake the herb and Grow. The only bad part is that You Guys are kickin my ass so far this year. I learned some lessons this year. You guys help me keep my arrogant nature in check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts