What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yankee Grower

I'm scared of putting rice hulls because it attracts pests
Not rice hulls but rice...great for soil fungi.

I got a shitload of nettles that grows in the area just bring your gloves and protective gear...lol. Yeah nettles is super chocked full of goodies especially calcium. I tested some chickweed and off the charts for K.

nomaad

Veteran
Hey guys, I'm ready to grow some ganja now.

2010_0605-111.jpg

P

planty

Are you about to cut those back heavily? They look like they're prime for how butte described his timing for chopping on them

nomaad

Veteran
The Dreams? Not planning on cutting them back at all. Best structure I have seen for Blue Dream is x-mas tree, fully globed out. Its just a sphere of colas. Might try Butte's approach on a couple.

nomaad

Veteran
I should go back and read that post again... to be honest, I haven't given much thought to my training or trellising... I was planning on just wrapping em up in hortinova... connected to 5 or 6 bamboo poles around the pot. I have a whole new garden/farm to develop... hoping to have pots full and plants in in 2 weeks. Just got the code to the gate today. Let's see if I can pull this one off.

HorseMouth

Well Done Nomaad. I guess that meal your special lady friend made you kept you going.

So neat and orderly and uniform. You will have a hard time picking a best of show from that garden. I'm sure those ladies each have her eye on that title.

Good Luck this year, and keeping up with your Tarp schedule!

-Peace

P

planty

i WAS transplanting my dep plants today and found one that had a branch get covered over by soil and throw roots and start growing up out of the soil so I'll see how that goes.

nomaad

Veteran
My "special lady friend" is my wife and the mother of my two children, bless her heart. My lesbian life partner, if you will. Which makes it kinda strange that breakfast is a miracle... somehow the kids get fed 3 meals... who knows. But a miracle it was and a good omen for opening day here. I am so very stoked to be back at this point. Full of energy, in need of serious massage, and focused on what lays ahead.

nomaad

Veteran
i WAS transplanting my dep plants today and found one that had a branch get covered over by soil and throw roots and start growing up out of the soil so I'll see how that goes.

that's cool. I posted something in the recent past about the efficacy of doing that on purpose to encourage multiple points for rooting to take place. kinda like how multiple plants in a pot, with multiple rooting systems are a good way to max out a big pot with a smaller strain....

MedResearcher

Veteran
Looked at it today, I think it was called, "Liquid Kelp." It is a PVFS speciality item sort of like the Brix Mix they make. Think it is
.2, .1, .1

Struggled with a foliar feed today. Used a new 5 gal backpack with agitator sprayer........ I bypassed the initial filter because it seemed to take forever to fill.... big mistake... Every 30 seconds or so I had to unclog the sprayer. I had a minor shit fit. Then realized I didnt PH the spray either.

Gonna try again in a week with the Cal25 hopefully it will go smoother.

Thinking of just feeding the kelp through the root zone. 3 foliar sprays a month is plenty work for me especially once they get bigger; unless I can muster a quad or cart and the cadillac sprayer Tom recomended. I definitely was not whistling while I worked today.

All in all though, Toms mix/planters/feed schedule seems to be spot on excellent. Everything is looking great.

P

planty

is that the vomit green Algamin kelp with the kelp pieces flowin in it ?? I steer clear of that stuff.. Check out Kelpak. It's pressed then filtered :)

Did you get the CA25 for fruits and veggies?

try comb

is that the vomit green Algamin kelp with the kelp pieces flowin in it ?? I steer clear of that stuff.. Check out Kelpak. It's pressed then filtered :)

Did you get the CA25 for fruits and veggies?

didn't kelpak change company name a few years back, i remember getting it in michigan and the bottle/name changing in around 06-07?

worked great!:tiphat:

nomaad

Veteran
We're looking at a couple of nights of mid 40's here at the end of the week. I am thinking about hitting the ladies with silica and B vitamins earlier in the day before the cold nights hit... anybody have any other suggestions for boosting cold tolerance in the short term?

nomaad

Veteran
Anybody have an idea what these are... These are NOT my plants... Its from another thread on ICM... Nobody can ID them (closest anybody has come is maybe cabbage thrips)

I like to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to potential pests and diseases

img3727y.jpg

P

planty

NHS in Fortuna should have it, if you call ahead they can have it brought to that store from one of their other ones for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.