What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
damn scary stuff father earth, do you have any pics of the infected clones? if the clones were infected wouldn't that trace back to the plant you took those cuts from.

did you visually check the water with naked eye or had to bust out the microscope on that water sample.

idiit

Veteran
picture.php

^^ straight from seed. used mini greenhouse technique.

this plant is a malawi ace/malawi seeds of africa cross. lots of vigor. pic. taken 8/25.

MountZionCollec

Tom recommends to stop the calcium 25 sprays when buds start to stack. I did not follow this advice on a plant that was showing mild signs of PM and 'believe' it burned the pistils.

pono, are you reducing the rate of calcium you are spraying later in bloom? concentration?

anyone know what are the symptoms of GG4's stem nematode?

Jbomber79

Veteran
It's actually called the soap effect, you see it attacks the stem killz the plant by suffocating it with microscopic soap like insect bubbles.

FatherEarth

Veteran
Prop215,

Didn't snap any pics of the cuts. The older leaves started to look like a Mg def and the leaves would droop when under direct light. Lights out leaves perk up. Overall you could tell something was off. The older leaves even when perky maintained a straight edged taco no rolling just folding down the main vein like a crease. When you look at the base of the stem it looked a rusty brown on the tip, w a just brown center. Couldn't see em w a naked eye... I have seen them w a nude eye when placing droplets onto a slide in compost tea. Mature adults only though...

FatherEarth

Veteran
I think the infection may have come out of the soil as most pest/ disease issues do x a pair of dirty scissors or shears. I always wash blades with alcohol when going between each plant pruning or cloning, but shit happens. I bit of soil on a blade when making a cut.....? I culled a gg4 today since it stalled out and was becoming a vector since I topped it. The other three had already taken over its space. I watered heavy with some tainio microbes all three OG biowar varieties molasses and yucca and some ppd that should get rid of any parasitic nematodes in the soil. I also did an AEA foliar with sea shield as the base and a laundry list of other AEA products....

sprinkl

Veteran
For those suffering of PM, have you tried spraying compost teas? I was under the impression the beneficials can form a protective layer over both the roots and leaves.. Had some pm in early wet spring and it never came back, a first for me, though getting pm before summer was a first as well.

MountZionCollec

No we have not been spraying compost teas we have just been watering in soluble mycorrhizae, not quite sure if it would have the same effect, how late in the season do you spray your compost teas?

L

Luther Burbank

Soluble mycorrhizae? I'm lost as to your use of the word soluble. Mycorrhizae only activate upon contact with roots so foliar spray would be pointless, as is its addition to an ACT, and I can't see the mycorrhizal relationship with the roots doing much to deter PM.

RE: My own PM issues - I ended up going for micronized sulphur as a spray. You're supposed to leave a couple weeks between the use of an oil spray and sulphur because of reactions on the leaf, but I believe this applies to mineral oils and oils which last on the leaf for a long time. I was hesitant because I sprayed with neem profusely a week before, but decided to go ahead since neem oil supposedly breaks down within 48h in sunlight. Two days on and the PM has stopped its assault, but I can't tell if it's given up completely - I'm assuming it hasn't. No reaction from the week old neem spray though, which I was pleased to see.

Last edited:

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
It being a GG4 plant

Great one liner, but I think it is more complicated than that. It's been hard to keep up with, but it appears to be the cuts that came from the LA Cup. Correct me if I am wrong, but the original cut is legit. The five monsters in my lower plot have no symptoms whatsoever, and are the strongest, most vigorous plants this round. The same cut indoor performed way above expectations. And Fisher15 appeared to kill it with the same cut...

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
RE: My own PM issues - I ended up going for micronized sulphur as a spray. You're supposed to leave a couple weeks between the use of an oil spray and sulphur because of reactions on the leaf, but I believe this applies to mineral oils and oils which last on the leaf for a long time. I was hesitant because I sprayed with neem profusely a week before, but decided to go ahead since neem oil supposedly breaks down within 48h in sunlight. Two days on and the PM has stopped its assault, but I can't tell if it's given up completely - I'm assuming it hasn't. No reaction from the week old neem spray though, which I was pleased to see.
I'm sure you know this, but if you see PM, it's in the plant system, and has been before you saw it. At this point, you are only going to be able to prevent it manifesting on your leaves by not providing a hospitable environment on the leaf surface. That is why sulphur, and milk sprays work. IIRC sulphur burners PH the leaf surface to 9.0 for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts