What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

planty

all you little fish with your cast iron fittings and gas powered pumps.

theres a gas powered pump thread?

My pump is electric ;) 30A @ 240V...PS> Corrected for accuracy..

Dr Purp

I am out on my deck watching gnarly dark clouds roll right over head..

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
My pump is electric ;) 30A @ 240V...PS> Corrected for accuracy..

Dr Purp

I am out on my deck watching gnarly dark clouds roll right over head..

My daughter is probably a bit North of You. They have a stream that runs through their canyon. They have some kind of pumps that work off the stream flow. It pumps a gallon up the mountain for every so many gallons that flow thru it. They direct it to a water tower up the Mountain, and its level controlled. The pressure is gravity feed and stays constant.

Guest423

Veteran
Got about 8 dozen out now, a good portion of those have been out for 10-20 days, no signs of flowering from clones or the clone mothers. Only half dozen or so got effected from temps and snow in the lower 30's, I replaced those. Its on like Donkey Kong!

Tom Hill

Veteran
How you guys doing?

So here I am @ 3 weeks after transplanting, looking good.

picture.php

and one of my lil terraced gardens I plugged at the same time.

picture.php

Greenhouses are jam packed and the race is on to get the rest of my gardens plugged. Still many more to unveil ;) Good luck to all, I hope to be somewhat caught up in a week or so, still lots of hard work in the way though - finished turning holes yesterday at least. I haven't worked this hard in a while, lol, feels good though. -Tom

picture.php

nomaad

Veteran
The babies look happy. Thanks for the update. Very pleased they are working out for you. I'd love to give you one big plant in a 10 gallon to see how she does compared to the ones you put in 3 weeks ago from... was it the original 3.5" pots?

Ribsauce

Tom you pics are a pure inspiration... if i could give out more rep i would but this things telling me i cant haha

Brownsville

Hey tom and all you guys I have been watching this thread from the start and the information is endless. Im a huge fan and you guys make this whole process alot more fun. I was blessed to work on a large plant garden last year and brought alot away from it including enough momentum to try and tackle my own progect this year. Having helped set up alot of it and taking care of alot of the grunt work i thought i had this in the bag but over the past couple months have quickly realized that all i took away was a vision of what it should look like and the basic language/ theory to help me with my quest. What i lack is allll the little details of putting each peace together without someone saying this goes there that goes there :)

So my progect this year is on a big piece of property with only a well. Me and my partner have installed a 3000 gallon water tank at the top of the hill and are working on our gravity system right now. You guys have mentioned zones and pressure regulators a couple times and i vaguely grasp it but im a little in the dark. I was looking at what tom was just saying and i also have to deal with different amounts of pressure in the top garden as apposed to the bottom. Can i run all my side lines off of one main 1'' inch line of poly running down the whole length of the hill? I was going to run three or four 1" lines across the different levels of garden and then send lines of 1/2 inch down from there.. Im trying to set this up for a few different gardners so i have a main shutoff at the top incase we need to shut the whole thing down for maintnance otherwise i was just going to run different timers for each person at there garden so everyone can customize their water needs. Organize it so our timers go off at seperate times for maximum pressure.. Do i need to install a pressure controller for gravity feed? Probably max drop of 25-30 feet.. do i need to do anything special to make sure i have good enough pressure at the topmost gardens? anything else it seems like im missin? :p

Thanks for all the valuable opinions guys

M

MediNice

A very productive discourse. Thanks for sharing everyone. Regarding drip: I plan on using the 1/2" emitter tubing as proposed earlier, but does anyone have any experience with feeding organics through such a system? I'm running Buddha Grow and Trinity as my base and it can get a little thick at times. Maybe just a plain water flush after every feed? Everything is gravity watered from 3000 gal tank to a 2" manifold to 1" rows connecting all the 300 gallon smarties to 1/2" emitter tubing doughnutted around the plant. Does this sound proper? What if I have a Y at the top connecting the main line before the manifold so I can run the plain water or the feed? Does this make sense? Just worried about clogging, and possible anaerobic buildup.

T

theJointedOne

brownsville go back a page or two and read localhero's post

you need the special emitters . those will allow you to have proper drippage top to bottom

im no expert but i was planning on runnin 1 inch from the tank and then 1/2 or 3/4 inch for each row, coming off the main 1 inch.

i like your idea of different timers for different plots, seems like it would work fine as long as they didn't run concurrently

febo6- it looks like he is hanging two cfl's every other hoop

T

theJointedOne

hey butte, i know your big on teas...i was planning on making some compost tea, but i dont have any electricity besides a gene.

are the non areated teas effective? I guess i could do a stir session every day with the canoe paddle or run the gene for few minutes a day but i was thinking thats probably not enough to make proper ACT

so yeah any tea advice you could throw would be awesome!

growing/ farming is work right? its raining anyway........

Status
Not open for further replies.