What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epicorchard

I have some really great mountain wells as well as deeded water to a creek fed by melting sierra snow... so yea I guess my waters pretty good.

In my experience if you build a great soil, then water ph has little effect once it drips in.

But, this is only my own speculation, anecdotal evidence at best.

ponobegone

Veteran
I figure I could chance it and not adjust and maybe everything will work out...or adjust and have healthy plants for sure. I was happy with the AN down, really easy to adjust, just wanted to try the ej for bloom. my plants seem to be growing much better than last year with no ph adjust, so im sticking with it.

Bulldog420

Veteran
Maybe instead of ph'ing your water, an inline filer would be in order. Take out those heavy metals that will poison your plants in the long run. However the down side to that is you will have to up your cal/mg as your filter will remove that as well.

ponobegone

Veteran
had one on a big boy filter and it lasted less than 2 weeks. now i just use the sediment filter and wash it twice a week. it is frustrating, its not like i want to spend time everyday adjusting. but my plants say keep adjusting, we love you daddy, lets make a baby

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HPIM0678.jpg

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
You guys growing GG4 outdoors are going to have a real good year. The yield was at least 50% more then I expected. Everybody wanted it too.

Meds215

so heres an update on one of the gardens, everything is really good, i found some broad mite damage on a few plants but i caught it early and im dealing with it. happy 2014 season everyone
20140813_124426_Richtone_HDR.jpg

20140813_191610_Richtone_HDR.jpg

So far these are the biggest plants ive ever grown, im proud of myself. there a solid 7ftx7ft
20140813_191937_Richtone_HDR.jpg

20140813_192059_Richtone_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
looking good meds215

our plants are all in flower, some look like they are a couple weeks in. gonna be an early harvest this year.

Bulldog420

Veteran
I wouldn't call that early flowering. I assume flower always starts around Aug 1st. Nice plants people, everybody is killing it.

I definitely have a couple strains that went into flower early. The Platinum OG clones and Headband clones were the first to begin. I'd say they are already 5 weeks in.

BDs clones are a couple weeks in too.

Clones tend to go a little earlier, right?

The Deadhead OG seeds, WiFis, and Tahoes on the other hand seem to be lagging behind though..

How do people determine what week into flower they are in? They start to flower before really seeing any signs of it, right? Do you count back a couple weeks after you first start seeing the beginning of the buds forming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts