What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog420

Veteran
I was feeling left out this year, so I took a couple pictures. I know the plants are small, but they only got in the ground on July15th. Had extra lights on them extending the season and I took them down today. So they should start flowering and I look like I should still get a good amount of smoke from them. Considering everything, I can't complain.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Strains are OG twist, Cherry Pie, GSC, GG #4, Super Silver Haze, Nl #5, Blood Orange. No teas, no fertigation, and very limited foliar sprays. I should receive my soil tests and I will post the results along with the mix again.

Last edited:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^sweet greenhouse! how much did that cost to set up? those plants should still yield nicely and theres always next year.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Nice setup, organicbuds. You are going to kill it next year in that greenhouse, man.

Bet you're happy to be out of the concrete jungle! I hope to do the same someday soon.

HB.

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
I was feeling left out this year, so I took a couple pictures. I know the plants are small, but they only got in the ground on July15th. Had extra lights on them extending the season and I took them down today. So they should start flowering and I look like I should still get a good amount of smoke from them. Considering everything, I can't complain.

View Image
View Image
View Image

Strains are OG twist, Cherry Pie, GSC, GG #4, Super Silver Haze, Nl #5, Blood Orange. No teas, no fertigation, and very limited foliar sprays. I should receive my soil tests and I will post the results along with the mix again.
If you just took down the sup lighting, you should be golden. I know from personal experience that the Glue and GSC (forum) will at least double in size. My Glue have been without sup lighting since June 20, and are almost 12' tall, and were no more than 4' on the tallest.

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Climbed on top of the roof...

Climbed on top of the roof...

Hard to get the whole picture on the ground.
This is mostly GG#4, with a couple OGHC, and one Forum Cut GSC. I know they are too tight, but first run at this site, and new strains (GG#4, WFA). I am going to have to thin them out based on sun exposure. Almost like a SOG...
picture.php

Tahoe OG in the middle, two White Fire Alien on the right, and the oldest, yet smallest plant Ken's GDP on the left.
picture.php

Two Super Lemon Haze that have been the biggest challenge to contain. If I was not turning tops 90 degrees a month ago, these would be approaching 16 feet. The same round of cuts went to another farm, and untrained are at least 16' tall. I know these will be the last to come down, and may run into "weather issues", but I think I should be able to cover them if needed due to the cage.
picture.php

These three SLH were an afterthought, and didn't get in the ground until June 20th, at 24" max... At least 12' tall now.
picture.php

Killed a couple duds that didn't get the suplimental lighting to prevent early flower, so I am replacing them with 9 GSC Forum Cut for a late harvest for head stash. I am going to leave them in the 3 gal pots in case I have to move them for weather.
picture.php

Next year, its a 12' tall hoopy!!

boobs

child of the sun
Veteran
Hey guys, :party:

I am wondering, can sphagnum be replaced by 'ligna peat' (redwood..i think) or coco coir??

if so would there be any necessary adjustments? I would imagine more cal/mg in coco

Absolutely do not replace the Sphagnum Peat Moss with coco coir. The only acceptable replacement would be Leaf Mold or Hypnum Peat Moss as far as I know. You could get away with using maybe 15% coco and 85% peat if you were really dead set on using some coco for it's unique properties but I'd just stick with the original recipe and I definitely wouldn't use any cal/mg.

S

StanKDanK

CALIFORNIA GROWERS need to be aware of proposed Ca bill SB1262 This proposed bill must die before it makes it any further. SB1262 takes away our way of life, our prop 215 rights as medical patients and turns us into criminals. It would fuck over every mom & pop grower and these changes would be affective New years day 1/1/15. NORCAL cant let this happen !!

Here is quick video about SB1262 and also another link with more info.

WE MUST UNITE AGAINST SB1262

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIgYDFhqUmg

http://weedactivist.com/2014/07/01/...lcome-to-the-new-california-sb-1262-must-die/

Last edited:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
SB1262 is a fucking nightmare, just what the suits over at ASA and the other corporations want. I'm surprised the entry fee is actually kind of low compared to other states at only 8k. but the big setback is that you need local county officials to sign off, so time to start cuddling up and meeting the local DAs and folks on the board of supervisors.

theJointedOne

Veteran
a voter passed initiative, i.e prop 215, cant be rescinded or amended without voter approval.

just like how davis tried to get sb420 in before he left, yet that was ruled as just a 'guideline' and not law at all.

ponobegone

Veteran
hey bulldog love that greeny cant wait to see the pics next season. you guys that ph adjust what are yall using? I didn't adjust last year, this year I am and used AN down during veg and just switched to earth juice down crystals for the remainder of the season. im looking into getting a drum of citric acid for next year.

I'm using An down with humacarb, a liquid humic acid to keep ph in check. Tried lemons and considered ej down but there's too much inconsistency unlike phosphoric acid. Folks at AEA said phosphoric in small amounts won't harm the biology.

hey bulldog love that greeny cant wait to see the pics next season. you guys that ph adjust what are yall using? I didn't adjust last year, this year I am and used AN down during veg and just switched to earth juice down crystals for the remainder of the season. im looking into getting a drum of citric acid for next year.

Kelp and vitamin c should do the trick.

ponobegone

Veteran
^ you must have great water then. my irrigation water rings in @ 8.5 and 450ppm. my last years soil test came back at 8.5, sunflowers wont even grow in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts