What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Luther Burbank

I just have to disagree. The science is right but it's not a realistic concern to worry about cuttings uptaking K in place of Ca. It's like worrying about cancer because of ten seconds in an xray machine. We are talking about a minute amount of K, what, 48ppm? Even if the plant uptook the K while it's in the water it will contribute very little to the plants overall life, and if I'm using distilled water to root in an air cloner, there's no Ca for the plant to be pulling anyway. The cake analogy doesn't work byf. A plant will not develop a preference of K over Ca the same way a sentient human develops taste preferences.

Last edited:

Bulldog420

Veteran
How is it, then, considered "too much" or "too little" of some amendments in a soil mix, if it's always perfect and the plants pick and choose how much and how little?

Wouldn't every organic soil be perfect, as long as it has minimum levels of certain amendments to ensure it is present and available? But that's not the case, right?

You couldn't be more correct. That proves my theory of let organics do it's work isn't bullet proof. However, if you build your battery up with proper soil ratio's then the plant should be able to take it from there. Maybe my comment Should of been more directed to fertigation, and if it's necessary.

milkyjoe

Veteran
Luther...maybe you are correct. I don't know for a fact but I take the same view as byf on this one. But I have tried ksil in cloning and I promise it will do what you want. If you aero clone watch out for high ph.

L

Luther Burbank

I aero clone and often have no issues, but once in a blue moon I'll have something go through and chew everything up. I've some cuttings from plants I don't have backups on atm, so my mind went to the agsil.

I'm in agreement with you if we're talking full rooted plants. Too much k in proportion to Ca will result in weaker plants; but the short duration and lack of real growth on rooting clones is why I'm not concerned.

Last edited:

igrowkushbitch

My favorite Bubba Kush.

picture.php

Last edited:
C

Cep

I'm sorry to hear that things weren't straight with you and management. John seemed really excited about supplying our market. He probably doesn't care about cannabis, but I'm sure he cares about how it's grown. Sometimes honest people have their plates too full?

I'm very happy with the products and the results you get are not only verified in plant health, you can see the physical response in hours after foliar treatments (crazy phototropism). I'm sold. I'm probably going to continue spraying into bloom this year. My weather is such shit that my plants will already be wet lol.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
My experience with the management at AEA has been tops, they've always done exact what they have said they were going to do...

and any way, you don't need to deal with that part of the company to use their products, you just need to call them and order.

MedResearcher

Veteran
BYF, been reading back trying to find info on the mulch fabric you mentioned. With no luck. If its not to much to ask, would you mind posting or reposting, the specific brand, or source of it please?

Entering mulch fabric or fabric mulch into a search engine, and the results vary greatly. Everything from plastic film, to weed block, to weed block on top of mulch. Haven't stumbled on the right product yet, I am assuming.

Thanks,
Mr

Bulldog420

Veteran
SO that is what you put on top of your plants? I have to admit, would not be my first choice of mulch. Maybe if growing strawberries, but not cannabis. I will have to study up on the fabric mulch, because right now it just doesn't seem right.....

Raining in my neck of the woods today. Real light rain, just enough to wash off all the dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.