What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

localhero

Nomaad,

I believe its called landscape fabric. if youre gonna order online be careful not to get the crappy thin plastic stuff by mistake.

nomaad

Veteran
I am trying to avoid using metal, i need it to be gopher proof, and I want it to be self supporting like a smart pot. By cutting slits in the right places, heavy duty staples and a fine wire sewing job would make heavy-enough fabric do what I want.

Right now, its my intention to just jam a bunch of 300 gallon custom short smarties into the space and call it a garden bed. But rectangular ones that I could have in 24 hours would be a dream come true.

I just got off the phone with high caliper. They are going to call me back later today with price and availability. Decided to go with 6.5'x9' smart beds instead of 18' long ones. I'll use twice as many. I doubt this will fit into my scheduling needs, though... Wish I would have thought of this a couple of days ago. I'll post up the price and minimum order when the info comes thru.

Feb2006er

First encounter with rippers was earlier this season than most. Chocolopes gone :( There isn't a remnant of them left. I guess here goes a restart from seeds. Maybe I can get some money from ebay for some music gear to get new teens. I may forgo the teens and head to the dogpound to adopt "ol roy" to watch everything inside the .25 acre backyard. Everything is now up in the air. I fear that Johnny Q Ripmeoff has screwed me out of anything big this season, and I'm sure the legalization bills and their dumb space requirements will screw me next year. Ergh!!!

nomaad

Veteran
That sucks, Feb... they ripped plants that were just vegging? That's really low. Tweekers.

6x9'x18" (around 800 gallons) rectangular smartpots= $99 direct from high caliper. they could ship wednesday. not going to wait for them. I am going with the 300 gallon smartpots mashed up against each other. 4-6 plants per pot depending on how big they are now... I need to get these vegging in their final holes so I can start pulling tarp in 2 weeks.

localhero

Damn feb I hate tweekers. such a tweek move to jack vegging plants in the ground. they probably wont make it to their next spot anyways to be ripped out of the ground like that.
there are sooooo many awesome dogs in the pound, mean ass looking but sweet as hell pits. I love my pit-mastiff. he'll hang on to his toy even if i lift him off the ground by it. he bum rushes me every time i come home. can jump almost 6ft high. sounds extremely viscious. wont let even people he knows in the house when im not home. puts his head on your lap when he wants pets. sneaky bastard too, if he can break into my room he'll get up on the bed to chill and then put all my shoes on the bed to cover his scent so i wont know he was there. pushed his way through heavy plastic fencing. like right through it like a bull dozer. dude get a dog, best anti theft anti tweeker reppellant you can buy.

ps- whats up with the space limitiations in the legalization prop?

S

scarred4life

that's fuckin' low, feb. heard about something like that last spring... rippers were pissing themselves and pointing fingers when "quality control" showed up. in the end, karma caught up w. them...
I feel like a total moron for whining to the wife that my plant date has been postponed till the first. Maybe I’ll adjust the light cycle in my veg room to match the sun like cityoftrees did. Or maybe I should try to match my light cycle with the sunrise/sunset times for June 1st...
Damn, some of these starts are gettin BIG

nomaad

Veteran
Let's remember that the limits imposed by the "legalization" bills does not apply to MMJ. What you need to be on top of are any zoning ordinances in your county/city that Do apply to medical grows and dispensaries. The draft ordinance in Lake County would make my garden illegal on the basis that it is only 100 ft wide and that draft would allow growing only 100 ft from a property line... The consequence would be a cease and desist order and possibly a fine. The county is considering that the health department rather than the Police enforce the ordinance for privacy reasons.

There is a good thread on the ongoing process in Lake County. These ordinances are the way that Cabals like the Oaksterdam "Gang of Four" would like to control the markets in california, municipality by municipality. These are the means by which counties and cities limit the amount of dispensaries, leaving room for only the politically connected. I say fight these ordinances tooth and nail whenever they crop up. I know its busy for us around harvest/election time, ESPECIALLY for the cats in this thread, but its important to vote out the schmuck supervisors who support these measures. Tell them to pass ordinances that keep the fucking tweekers out of my neighborhood.

note: I ordered my 6x9 smartbeds. details in my thread.

S

scarred4life

is the gang of four actually behind the zoning ordinances in Lake County, nomaad, or are you just commenting that the county board of supervisors is legislating in a way similar to the proposed municipal processes for recreational mj in the legalization initiative?
Attacking patients through civil law instead of criminal law seems to be a new trend. Check out the zoning laws in Ft. Collins for an extreme example.

nomaad

Veteran
No... I did not mean to imply that the GOF has anything to do with the Lake County Ordinance specifically... However, both Richard Lee and DeAngelo (that I know of) have openly advocated such ordinances and lobbied for them in markets they intend to monopolize. They also openly lobby for a statewide paradigm where bigger, standardized "health centers" replace mom and pop (and, admittedly, lots of shitty dealer fronts) "pot clubs"...

My point is that these ordinances can be used to take power away from the small operator and put it in the hands of the politically connected economies of scale.

S

scarred4life

these ordinances can be used to take power away from the small operator and put it in the hands of the politically connected economies of scale.
That's for sure! Last time I was at a club, the buyer was more than a little worried about DeAngelo's recent visit to Sac to discuss his mega-dispensary paradigm.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Some of my friends grew plants up in Placerville area (Mount Aukum) in the 60s-80s.
I remember when The government tirds started CAMP. It messed everything up. People started growing smaller plants in the shade and hidden. Before that I saw 14-16 footers All of a sudden I was running out of smoke every summer

try comb

Some of my friends grew plants up in Placerville area (Mount Aukum) in the 60s-80s.
I remember when The government tirds started CAMP. It messed everything up. People started growing smaller plants in the shade and hidden. Before that I saw 14-16 footers All of a sudden I was running out of smoke every summer

el dorado, calaveras, amador etc are great for massive growth.

HorseMouth

Maybe fatter buds at lower elevation, but the Crystal Content is more at a higher elevation. My Goodness! The day/nite temp differentials are just amazing for the crystal generation in Sept/Oct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts