What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

igrowkushbitch

Greetings from the desert. Hope to make some monsters this year.

LA Affie and some Bubba kush
picture.php

Stank J.P.

Awesome! Do your girls have much transplant shock after performing a transplant with them being so big? Any tips or techniques that help you transplant that large of a plant? I have had mixed success with transplanting out of my 5 and 15 gallon pots. Your garden was awesome last year. Hope this year is as even better big dog!
Peace.

milkyjoe

Veteran
Hey Milky. Kudos to you for sharing your recipe for foliar. I could not help to notice though that you are adding Ca from both AEA and Albion. Is there a reason for that, or is the Albion the CA/Boro powder they sell and your adding it for the Boro. Are you adding any surfactant such as Yucca? Also, another reader asked what is your schedule on the foliar.

I'd bet that Backyard would have the answers too, being a fan and master of AEA and Albion products. If either of you could answer, your loyal students (me especially) would be greatly appreciative.

ooops...yea i use the albion, not the aea Ca. Sorry about that, just had not taken it off the list.

I use the Albion because I like the fact it is amino chelated. When it goes into the plant it is much more mobile than other sources of Ca, so it can get to where it is needed much easier.

I basically spray weekly...BUT I look and see what is going on first. If it has been cloudly or what not for a week you may not need it. Gotta pay attention and use judgement.

Plus I may be the only one but I spray all the way to harvest

bamboogardner

ooops...yea i use the albion, not the aea Ca. Sorry about that, just had not taken it off the list.

I use the Albion because I like the fact it is amino chelated. When it goes into the plant it is much more mobile than other sources of Ca, so it can get to where it is needed much easier.

I basically spray weekly...BUT I look and see what is going on first. If it has been cloudly or what not for a week you may not need it. Gotta pay attention and use judgement.

Plus I may be the only one but I spray all the way to harvest

Hey, thanks Milky. That explains it. Thanks to the teachers here I am learning alot. I must thank you and the other masters for taking the time to explain the fundamentals to us students. So another question. I see that AEA is recommending 1 -2 quarts per acre of the Photomag. Same with the PHT-P. So, is there an advantage to apply more of the PHT-P? I see you are doing 1 ounce per gallon for the photomag, and 3 ounces per gal on the PHT-P, three times the recommended amount. I have not been using that larger amount of PHT-P, so if there is an advantage, please pass it on.

Again, thanks to you, Backyard, Cep and the other masters that have this all dialed in and are sharing your info with us.

milkyjoe

Veteran
My program is based on their tomato program. In it they use HyperCap (urea, CaNO3, and phosphoric acid). For the record I leave out K from that program because I feel like a plant that never gets pollinated stays in a vegetative state its entire life and does not form a sugar sink that traps K ( I could be wrong without sap testing, but it is what i believe).

I am about ready to break down and give hypercap a try but i had an issue with the use of phosphoric acid. It will shut down myco fungi if you use too much (or possibly any) I was thinking. And after all the work I go to on my soil to make it alive I was opposed to using any. It is like when you add testosterone to yourself, it does not completely kill your nuts but it does shut down test production until you are off for quite a while.

So, I chose to replace the P from HyperCap with pht-P instead. i did not feel like I needed the extra N because I felt like there was enough in my soil. Plus i felt like the Tainio stuff would fix some N from the atmosphere.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Sorry if this was already answered in an earlier post on this thread, but...

Which version of cal25 should I be buying? They have formulas for different plants, so I'm not sure which one to order. I guess the "vegetables and ornamentals" formula is the right one? Thanks in a advance.

HB.

Stank J.P.

Sorry if this was already answered in an earlier post on this thread, but...

Which version of cal25 should I be buying? They have formulas for different plants, so I'm not sure which one to order. I guess the "vegetables and ornamentals" formula is the right one? Thanks in a advance.

HB.

Veg. and ornamental is the one I have used with nice results. I believe many others agree it is the right one. Shit ain't cheap either, I understand not wanting to "hurry up and buy."

grow nerd

Veteran
Man I need hustle some dime bags of Calcium-25 outside hydro shops.

"Pssst... yo homie, your plants doin' o-KAY?"

Last edited:

Stank J.P.

Yeah, it looked like you got the big jar nerd. I got a small one two years ago and haven't used half of it yet. Isn't the dilution rate like 1 tsp. per gallon?

Stank J.P.

4.5 eh? I always thought I was under doing it by using a teaspoon. Works like a charm at 4.5 for ya huh? Thanks for the pro-tip big dog.

localhero

I put my pinch of cal 25 in a mason jar half full of water and shake it until it dissolves before I add it to my sprayer. The more you know..

grow nerd

Veteran
I'm brand-new to Calcium-25, as well as foliar feeding in general. Don't listen to me, I'm just here to ask questions and learn. Just now getting past page 100... 500+ more left to go.

I guess they're not making anything smaller than 4# for veg/orn anymore?

Last edited:
C

caseyjones123

I'm brand-new to Calcium-25, as well as foliar feeding in general. Don't listen to me, I'm just here to ask questions and learn. Just now getting past page 100... 500+ more left to go.

I guess they're not making anything smaller than 4# for veg/orn anymore?

Hey nerd,
Look at local grow shop. Some purchase the bulk and break down to smaller retail sizes. I just picked up 3.5 oz. for like $12 at my grow shop . Came. in a little ziplock Baggie . No fancy label. No label at all Hope this helps

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Thanks grow nerd. I'm familiar.

I use 12 lbs between my vegetables, flowers, and ganja per year and noticed that if it kicks around for a while it takes on moisture from the atmosphere. You can tell it's happening when the prills get clumpy and chunky.

A two year supply in a re sealable bucket with gasket lid would be nice to get off the shelf...

http://www.uline.com/BL_8162/Plastic-Pail-Drum-Pump

Any one rocked one of the above?

grow nerd

Veteran
I assume the stuff degrades in moisture?

Maybe desiccant packs are in order, considering how relatively little of this I plan on using over a year.

Damn, you guys are really doing it up big and proper.

Status
Not open for further replies.