What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
We were going to run OG's outside but after much debate I think our big plants will be mostly GG4 and Cherry Pie. Possibly some Purple Gorilla and Forum Cookies as well.

I was sure you were running exclusively Blue Dream? JK

Im hoping to get a few gg4 outdoors as well.

furrywall11

I got some cool things planned for the year... been shuffling them around a bit since I've been talking to some buddies... Lots of Blueberry OG (which I've been trying to clone since March but I lost two batches to either some kind of fungus or just too much calcium in my well water... anyway it shows up as white crystals on the main stems of the clones...hasn't affected rooted plants)..
Some Chemdawg #4 (supposedly handed to the lady from Swerve)
Blue Dream (Santa cruz cut)
Blue Dream (guy claims it came from a batch of DJ shorts seeds in 2003? I can't find any evidence that he made Blue Dream seeds...skeptical..)
Cherry Pie (never grown it.. lots of folks talking about it)
Super Skunk (never grown it.. fast vegger..early flower..buddies are trying to persuade me not to grow it.. says the trichome coverage isn't all that and it's more of a roadkill smell then skunk... probably scale back on it)
Double Dream (Blue Dream x Dream Queen... never grown it.. just a few nice clones came along)
Dream Queen from harborside (is this green crack?.. got quite a few of these)
Lavander, The White, Jesus OG, Grape Ape, Blueberry Cheese....Headband...Purple Cadillac..3 x crazy...all from Harborside.. might do one or two of each..

Usually, I just two two or three stains.. this year I have some variety..

was gonna mix these 4...
Glacial Rock Dust by Gaia Green
Soft Rock Phosphate by Calphos
Azomite
Gypsum

whatch ya think? are they all necessary for diversity? or can the glacial rock dust or something else be dropped?

C

CaliGabe

I'm in CO in time for a small outdoor grow. Friends have extra clones and starts from seeds I can select from and only gonna run 6. A friend had 16 yards of a custom blend done at Build a Soil in Denver and gonna use it as a base and go with AEA products mainly.

Regarding soft rock phosphate does anyone use, or has looked into, Tennessee Brown? I researched that a few years ago and seemed like very good stuff and never see anyone mention it.

Regarding Azomite I dunno...mostly aluminum silicate. I'd rather go with glacial rock dust, basalt and Sea-Crop. Decomposed granite id high in K and seems that is an issue many run into.

Anyone ever use, or look into, clays? I started to play with some of the silica rich pyrophyllite clay from vitalityherbsandclay.com yet couldn't finish. He has deposits from around Crater Lake. His clay is weird...blue in chunks yet turns brown as a powder. Mainly I was looking for Rare Earth Elements. I know the Chinese use a lot of lanthanum chloride. One thing I remember was that lanthanum has something to do with speeding up utilization/processing/etc. of calcium in plants so figured good for canna.

theJointedOne

Veteran
I'm in CO in time for a small outdoor grow. Friends have extra clones and starts from seeds I can select from and only gonna run 6. A friend had 16 yards of a custom blend done at Build a Soil in Denver and gonna use it as a base and go with AEA products mainly.

Regarding soft rock phosphate does anyone use, or has looked into, Tennessee Brown? I researched that a few years ago and seemed like very good stuff and never see anyone mention it.

Regarding Azomite I dunno...mostly aluminum silicate. I'd rather go with glacial rock dust, basalt and Sea-Crop. Decomposed granite id high in K and seems that is an issue many run into.

Anyone ever use, or look into, clays? I started to play with some of the silica rich pyrophyllite clay from vitalityherbsandclay.com yet couldn't finish. He has deposits from around Crater Lake. His clay is weird...blue in chunks yet turns brown as a powder. Mainly I was looking for Rare Earth Elements. I know the Chinese use a lot of lanthanum chloride. One thing I remember was that lanthanum has something to do with speeding up utilization/processing/etc. of calcium in plants so figured good for canna.

have fun in the sun this season!

milkyjoe

Veteran
was gonna mix these 4...

whatch ya think? are they all necessary for diversity? or can the glacial rock dust or something else be dropped?

Unless the pH of that soil is high I would add more diversity. I would split that gypsum into gypsum and crab (or shrimp, or crustacean) meal. It is about 20% Ca just like gypsum only in the carbonate form instead of the sulfate. More importantly it contains chitin...and that is a wonderful thing to have in your soil.

Unless the pH of that soil is high I would add more diversity. I would split that gypsum into gypsum and crab (or shrimp, or crustacean) meal. It is about 20% Ca just like gypsum only in the carbonate form instead of the sulfate. More importantly it contains chitin...and that is a wonderful thing to have in your soil.

being in bear country, i cant use any meals that will attract bears..

one a side note, anyone know of any good vegan protein supplements i can use instead of bone meal...

hooddro

gettin ready to set up supplemental lighting... anyone know where I can get twist lock sockets like butte used on his shit? I cant find them anywhere online only regular and snap in sockets...

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I live where bears are and must have a magic property because I use blood meal, bone meal, fish bone meal, crustacean meal , and feather meal...all of which a bear would love to eat...In fact you can go to part of my ranch and find bear scat.

C

Cep

Analog,
Most seed meals will work for you. I've used soybean meal past two years, but corn gluten meal is also a high N option. They can be a little more expensive.

bamboogardner

gettin ready to set up supplemental lighting... anyone know where I can get twist lock sockets like butte used on his shit? I cant find them anywhere online only regular and snap in sockets...

Just bought some at Home Depot. Here is their stock number:

#0000-613-978 MED BSE SCKT 660W BROWN PIN-TYPE LAMPHOLDER

The cost was $2.39 each. Instead of the Romex Wire which has a ground in it and is quite heavy and stiff, I purchased two 100' spools of low voltage stranded wire that only has two wires without the ground. The wire is stranded and quite flexible as opposed to the Romex. Same wire size as the Romex and the sockets have no connection for a ground anyway so the ground wire in the Romex is useless. The stranded wire cost more though, but the weight savings I think make it a better scenario since it is alot easier to work with since you do not have to strip the outer coating of the wire like you do with the Romex.

Hope that helps.

ponobegone

Veteran
picture.php
I use the cheapest extension cord I can find its easy

hooddro

So pono you just wire them up to extension cord eh? Not a bad idea... When is everyone getting in the ground? Looks like some good weather and planting days around my way here in the beginning of may. Your over in the applegate pono?

hooddro

I thought i remembered you mentioning the jager... its half my garden this year, lots of s1 phenotypes floating around though... if you got the real deal you cant go wrong very high yeild for a hindu kush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts