What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobblehead

Veteran
I like my atomizer but I was told that it pretty much destroys bacteria from the power... not so good for applying teas, but good for sprays that aren't living.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
we have all our clones already, and most seeds are popped. About to begin our second round of transplants, everything is going into coco in #5 smarties and then vegged indoors thru april and may, then outside into big pots in June.

Lots of work to do this month.The hillside is covered with waist-high grass thats gonna be a bitch to cut, and it's been raining so the pots from last season are completely soaked. I think i messed up by not covering the pots with tarps before the rain hit. how do y'all deal with wet dirt?

HorseMouth

I watched that video, I like it. I have a Hazy Train wreck that does the same thing. No Matter where (inside or out) if I don't have a solid 20 hrs of light on it it will go into stretch and budding. I'm adding it in bulk (6 plants) outdoor this year. They'll have their own Raised Bed and no tarp over them, we'll see how they stack up compared to my Light Dep. greenhouses.

I've been Light Dep'ing Diesels for years, you can look at my photos and see. I think Diesels Outdoor give off a scent and high that is just off the scale. Probably the Skunk in them happy to be outside.

Peace

theJointedOne

Veteran
some sour dep inspiration for you guys, not the best pic, sorry lol
picture.php

you guys an gals have fun this year!

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Foliar Feeding and Brix. What is everyone using to spray with for foliar feeding and brix. I have a 60 gallon orchard sprayer used for spraying the fruit trees in the spring for coddling moth. I can get a pretty fine spray out of it, but someone mentioned an atomizer works well too. Would that clog pretty easy? Let me know and thanks.

I use a north star 12v 2 gpm 70 psi pump and a flash turbo spray gun from northern tool hooked up to a pickle barrel using a bulkhead, works epic.

About to start my big push. Hopefully I get everything done, lots planned for this year.

Mendolocol- Is north American organics the same people that make the spy rock mix? If it is buy now and let it sit as long as you can. There stuff can be really hot.

C

CaliGabe

Mendolocol- Is north American organics the same people that make the spy rock mix? If it is buy now and let it sit as long as you can. There stuff can be really hot.
Spy Rock...drove by it many a time. Looking forward to seeing EWSF soil in bags next year for the masses.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
That's how I feel about them till I need them . Last year I was stoked to have a few extra plants.

I'll make a bunch more cuttings than I need , in the small stage plant a majority of them and start culling for the best ones once they go from 6 in pots to 8 gal bags. Last year I used 30 gal bags, it was dumb.

Bulldog420

Veteran
30# bags are not too bad if your willing to cut them during transplant. Otherwise the largest pot I use is a 7gal pot. The back ups are kept until July-ish, and are hindered because of the smaller pots. However, when needed they are a life savor, and friends always ask for plants around that time also.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I cut them open weather it's 8 or 30, moving a 30 gal start isn't something I like to do, and I didn't notice any great increase in yield doing all the extra work of filling and moving 30 gal bags around. Only my back hurts more...

My plan this year is to go from 6 in squares to 8 gals, and any extras that don't hit the ground I'll put in to a 15 gal and keep going until I'm sure everything is rocking...

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
They'll be crappy if I leave them in the 8s so I'll just up pot them to buy them some more time before I either turn them in to a bunch of clones to sell to the black box crowd or give away to friends in dire straits.

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
Going w/7g fabrics here. Maybe a couple 10's for the bigger girls :)

I'm about 10% on backups, can't fk up...

milkyjoe

Veteran
I don't know about anyone else...but i always end up giving them to friends in "dire straights". You would think they might learn to plan sooner or later...you would be wrong. This page ought to be a sticky by itself :biggrin:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I have at least double the number of plants i need right now, but taking clones is my hobby so we are never short.

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
I have at least double the number of plants i need right now, but taking clones is my hobby so we are never short.
Right there with ya! I killed 30 plants that were too big yesterday. Not quite ready to go outside with the rain and cold temps lately. I think next weekend will be when I will get my first round out to veg under sup lighting.
Luckily, I have a helper who takes all my cuts, knowing that he will have all he wants, after my needs are satisfied.

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Right there with ya! I killed 30 plants that were too big yesterday. Not quite ready to go outside with the rain and cold temps lately. I think next weekend will be when I will get my first round out to veg under sup lighting.
Luckily, I have a helper who takes all my cuts, knowing that he will have all he wants, after my needs are satisfied.

Could you have pruned them a bit instead of killing them? I've had to kill some plants in veg and it's heartbreaking, especially if they look promising.

Just love this thread! You all are providing a first class education. I'm deeply indebted to say the least. I hope to contribute to this thread sometime soon.

Keep up the great work!

Best,

RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts