What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Things are going well here, loving these warm days with cool nights. Been putting in day after day of solid work and I'm happy to have no signs of russet or broad mites. Lots of people in my area are battling them though. A couple of these mounds are looking to be the largest plants I've ever grown. Very impressed. Here's a cool pic I snapped the other morning.

OrganicBuds

Veteran
Fisher - Awesome grow. You have a leprechaun in your garden because it looks like that rainbow ends in your patch. Great picture.

D

DHF

Things are going well here, loving these warm days with cool nights. Been putting in day after day of solid work and I'm happy to have no signs of russet or broad mites. Lots of people in my area are battling them though. A couple of these mounds are looking to be the largest plants I've ever grown. Very impressed. Here's a cool pic I snapped the other morning.

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=46292&pictureid=1130647&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]
Gladta hear of no issues with the broads and russets Bro.....

Hope yas make it through without a hitch........

Plants look the picture of health.......What`s the runt plant on left end of pic....regardless.......

Awesome work Fisher....I`m nominatin yas for big plant of the yr , but Mendo`s up there too.....Here`s wishin all in medville a safe bumper crop Harvey......

Peace.....DHF....:ying:.....

C

Carlos Danger

I've two smaller interior branches completely yellow and wilting. They're open to the canopy, so they're getting sun, and high up. The rest of the plant has perked up but these two look like hell. Buds are noticeably smaller.

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
I've two smaller interior branches completely yellow and wilting. They're open to the canopy, so they're getting sun, and high up. The rest of the plant has perked up but these two look like hell. Buds are noticeably smaller.

Chop them and inspect them closely with a loop?

C

Carlos Danger

They're chopped. I've inspected for pests but see none. The base of the branches seems not just woodier but browned and dying. Not soft or mushy or anything, just brown like dead wood.

Chop them and inspect them closely with a loop?
You need a microscope to see russet mites . A twenty power loupe is to weak to get a good look .
I am having great luck with an azamax -azasol spray alternating every three days .
If you have the means to do it a good forceful spraying ,washing of the stems and fronts , backs of the leaves seems to knock the numbers down.
I am also taking care of them at the soil level with an application of Diatomaceous earth mixed three gallons DE to 150 gal water and applied as a slurry to the soil . What I have found is them traveling all over the soil and then right up the stem or branch.
Gool luck ! DONT give up you will gain control again . Peace , Oldschool grower

30years

hi,
broad mites have been in the 707 for a few years too. wiped out an entire mom room. you can kill the bug but the toxins remain in the plant and it takes months and months for the residual toxins to leave. mom will look good but the clones will not root. at all.
we first id it due to the flowering operation having a problem we had never seen before. all pistil growth had instant die back. we scoped it and id the bug. we thought we were cool until we found out what it did to mom ops and clone production. this might have been one of the largest clone operations in northern california were talking about, not a closet with a lamp hanging in it. absolutely stopped the op in its tracks until i could build all new moms from my secondary stock collection that did not get infected. the infection came from a plant carried into the building by a well meaning patient. shit happens.
bottom line is this problem is just the beginning of a much bigger set of problems coming. as our industry meets with normal ag we will trade pathogens and we all ready do. i am seeing the craziest shit ive ever seen and it gets crazier every year.

Hash Man

Hey guys, I have a couple plants with sections on them looking like this. I have been battling leaf spot and now all of a sudden am getting this. Does it look like broad mites? I sprayed organacide plant doctor 5 days ago, and i did let the plants dry out a bit. Any ideas?

W

W.P.

Hash: Second pic looks Like bm damage. Get a good scope as there very small. Avid 1.6 mill a gallon.

Keep safe.

Last edited:

Hash Man

Hash: Second pic looks Like bm damage. Get a good scope as there very small. Avid 1.6 mill a gallon.

Just a heads up for our big show brotheren Gyps Nirv was ratted on .... SK!p banned. Lots of security issues and there being covered quick.....
Keep safe.

Since avid is systemic do i need to hit the unde sides of the leaves well or just blast the tops of the leaves? Do you think one treatment will get em ?

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
swirskii mites are your best option at this point in the game if you have the bm's.

Its to Late for pesticides like avid imo those shouldn't be used in flower... and there are flowers present.

W

W.P.

I generally agree HighLife:tiphat:. But it is a MYTH that a foliar feed with these levels will test ANYTHING at all in 45 days. The prof is there, been studied many times.

Hashman you can rid them in one spray but with these coverage is everything! They hide in between the leaf stems. Recommend second spray 3 days later.

Spinosad weekly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts