What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
My Extrema aisle this year~ Herijuana x Chemdawg
All barely cleared 9', fence in back is 8'4"
F#$@ Tstorms are pissin me off lol
All intact so far n' prayin for a dry Sept!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
interesting point VEG, at that spot we have to truck water in, il make sure to grab a water sample and have it tested and see whats up. the water guy claims he taps it from a municipal source....that spot had a well that was working fine but it literally went dry a week into june, alot of the wells in our area went dry. total mistake on our part for even attempting something there but in june there was zero other options so we decided to take a shot at it...

nice gardens HL45 and chef...good to see some of yall are killin it in 2013. 2013 for me was definately a low year and i cant wait for 2014 to bounce back from this shit...learned alot of shit this year that i should have known about before and didnt take seriously, like soil/water testing, soil building early on, and putting plants into natural sun as soon as possible to harden them off. 2012 i started everything mid june and had good results so i figured late may would set me off even better and it just wasnt the case....i should have had everything out in april and plugged early may like the rest of yall.

Greeseyder

Beauties Chef!! What's your top 3 strain picks for mold resistance in the PNW? I'm running C-weed this year & looking ahead to next year ...I already have some original Texada Timewarp & need some fresh genes to round out the stable :) I'm up north ~50 lat. BTW

Here's to a great finish!!
G

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
Thx...I'll ask around, know a few guys in the real wet part.
I'm high desert & got no rain aug/sept in '11 & '12
Getting hammered this aug tho, so I might have a better idea real soon lol

Have always been curious about that Timewarp, that ones an oldie! ;)

cheers

OrganicBuds

Veteran
Pictures are becoming very hard to take in my small garden. Not much room to walk, let along take pictures.

5g's Red from GanjaRebelSeeds. She stands over 8ft tall and her girth is amazing.

picture.php

Blue Dream x 5g's pheno B
picture.php

Blue Dream x 5g's pheno A
picture.php

DungeonMaster

everything stayed pretty short in this garden...it has awesome sun exposure, at around 1500ft elevation. helping him search for answers..

Prop,

i cant say i can give you any answers, seeing as i have less than 5 years out door experience under my belt, but maybe next year when you put the girlies out you guys could run a comparison test of some kind to see where differences could arise.

maybe some you could do strictly with dave's plan and then others you could deviate a bit. maybe add additional organic ferts to the soilmix or something?

my only guess, since the plants are small but still looking healthy was maybe the girlies were not getting as much nutrients as they wanted? That of course could be from many things.

considering the fire and the mites going around this year i still feel i should give you and your friend's garden kudos for making it through.

DM.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
LavenderLights/OrangeCrush/Salmon Creek clone

LavenderLights/OrangeCrush/Salmon Creek clone

picture.php

Odor is like a sweet tart

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Headband

Headband

Here is a large Headband S1, from a clone in Honeydew. I have it earth stapled down to the ground to keep it under 6'. This plant smells devine.
picture.php

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Prop,

my only guess, since the plants are small but still looking healthy was maybe the girlies were not getting as much nutrients as they wanted? That of course could be from many things.

DM.

that is definately something that i have considered, because dave royals mix is pretty light on accesible nutrients within his blend, its more about building up the soil biology to be resistant to pathogens and be able to process organic nutrients over multiple seasons. dumping all the chem ferts in the soil resets all the soil building, so we have stayed away. we are going to supplement the compost teas with some bloom juice that is mostly organic and has very little salts.

anyways i had quite a day, got to take the cessna up around my hills and check out every bodys gardens and see the fire damage. totally surreal to see! there were a few gardens that literally had the fire come right up to their fences, but they were still alive. there was also a few gardens that were totally destroyed so i hope good karma finds those grows because they suffered pretty badly.

in general i noticed that many gardens were suffering losses and had blank areas and runts within them. Out of the 100+ gardens i saw today there was only a dozen that were very uniform and had extremely massive plants, most of the massive gardens were smaller in size though approx 30-40 plants. Also most of the largest plants were up on the foothills within the forests....in general most of the gardens i saw in the flat laying areas were larger in numbers but much smaller in overall plant size,.

i could definately see impacts of the broad/russet outbreak this year. Easily 75% of the gardens i saw were missing plants in the rows, some had very small plants but most were just missing, many blank areas.

anyways just my observations..i really recommend renting a plane if you have the means, shit is just unreal and hard to describe. there were some neighborhoods in which every single house had a backyard full of weed it was pretty insane.

O

OptionDork

i could definately see impacts of the broad/russet outbreak this year. Easily 75% of the gardens i saw were missing plants in the rows, some had very small plants but most were just missing, many blank areas.
WoW seems like the problem has simply exploded within a short period of time. Hard to believe it is not here to stay. Does not seem like good news at all :frown:. Didn't hear about those 2 years ago in the Chico hills. I always though root aphids would be a major pandemic and guess not.

OrganicBuds

Veteran
Mite problem will go away with winter, and a new season will have new problems.

Prop215 - I have two family members that have pilot licences. Might be the right time of year to hit them up for a flight. You take any pictures?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
took pics of my own spots but refrained from others, people werent too happy about aerial pics and i guess humboldtlocal caught some flack for that too.

i guess from the air you cant really tell why exactly their were blank spots i was kind of assuming it was the mite invasion...maybe some broad/russets or others lost from root rot, or maybe guys just didnt plant all their mounds for whatever reason. anyways this is just my area, i havent heard too much about broads/russets coming out of the triangle maybe they arent being affected by it.

In our area [ south west Colorado] we were plagued by the drought all spring ,mid summer . Most all plants {not medicine plants} were struggling to make it here . All grasses and weeds were drying up .This is when I noticed a "problem". I felt my girls had used up their "battery" so to combat this deficiency I started a more nutes program .... after a month with minimal improvement I decided to put a leaf under the microscope . I was FLOORED at the sight.!!!! I will post pics of the affected plants as soon as possible. Do NOT let you plants dry out at all !! THIS IS WHEN THEY STRIKE !!!!
I was so worried about stem ,root rot I was letting the top of the soil dry out between watering's. BIG MISTAKE . With not foliage for bugs to eat because of the drought the only green things to munch on is our medicine plants. I will be posting info on MY PERSONAL battle with these destroyers. Peace , Oldschool Grower

ponocrookedbrah

Veteran
hey looking great zdub! well shit I just confirmed some russet mites in my garden, no major damage yet but they are there and im dealing with it. nukes are not an option for me so I got bug regiments already in and swirski mites on the way. be vigilant about checking your plants with scopes even if no damage is apparent. identifying problems before its an outbreak is crucial. I suspect I have broads on another plant and may toss it just to safe. I think the wet weather I just had for a week let the bastards build up the population. everybodys gardens look great!!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
can you guys please post pics of your plants that are affected with the mites?

gonna be busting out the microscope today on a few plants that have had some slow growth and yellowing lately.

O

OptionDork

Mite problem will go away with winter, and a new season will have new problems.
IF it is a broad/russet mite issue it won't go away and only hibernate through the winter. Seems to have come out of nowhere IF the problem exists. Interesting to watch the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts