What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

furrywall11

seriously now!! and my ac doesn't help it just pulls the smokey air in. I'm thinking of getting a portable ac that circulates, an air purifier and, just sealing off one room in my place that is smoke free so I can breathe....from what I've read these fires are far from being contained and with the weather getting hotter the next couple days are going to be worse. It could be a couple weeks before the air clears up.

Endur

Veteran
Shits starting to get real......Real Shitty.
Fire broke out this morning, here too. As the crow would fly....less than 5 miles from my location.
Lots of Heli & Airplane traffic.

Also, NorCal is expecting some pretty decent thunder storms, off & on this week.

Endur

anonymousgrow

Yeah, this week is going to be really bad for fires. iniciweb.org seems to be the most up to date website with fire info in the north state that i can find. Does anyone have other sources they like.

V

Veg N Out

We've been lucky to have clear skies here, hopefully if we can make it through this week with out any starting we can be comfortable in thinking the worst is over.

You have to wonder if they aren't using HAARP to attack areas of cannabis production...

The fires that are burning now won't be out until the rains get them.

Best of luck to all that are close, last year we had one literally across the street that burned 10s of thousands of acres.

If you live in a rural hamlet and aren't part of your fire department, you should do something to change that.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
You guys in the fire areas stay safe

You guys in the fire areas stay safe

Here is how I do it:

Lock-Lock boxes with seals. Vials with seals. A few grains of rice in each vial. A dessicant block in each box.

The pollen goes into the fridge for a day, then into the lock lock and into the freezer.
picture.php
I performed 101 crosses last year. I think about 90+ took

I was asked by a couple people what I have in the pollen Library right now.

LAX3 x Pack 590

Mr. Headband ( Ill tell you about it sometime. Daywrecker s1)

LAX3/Mangla

LAX late

Lavender Lights/Pack 590

Oaxacan x Maui

Oldtime Haze

Maui x Mango Haze

Double Thai

Panama

LAX is:
LA Conf x Orange Crush x Salmon Creek Big Bud clone x LS1 Blue Kush.

590 is Orange Crush x Salmon Creek Big Bud clone x LS1 Blue Kush.

Mangla is LA Confidential x MNS Mango Haze

Mr Headband is a very rare, true male headband, found in S1s.

ponocrookedbrah

Veteran
some of those sound delicious Dr! sorry i was wrong about the town i turned around @ on I-5 it was actually Hilt and i heard that fire is still burning. i haven't lived out here long and these fires are trippin me out.

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Never a dull moment! Fingers crossed for everyone near these fires. I know of some very nice gardens in serious trouble here in Butte. I'm not out of the woods, myself. One day at a time..

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yea man 2013 is throwing some obstacles this way for sure...so many folks have dried up wells right now and with the water trucks being diverted, its a recipe for disaster. i heard a friend already lost his garden to the fires im hoping its not true.

fatherearth2011

ICMag Donor
can i get your recipe?

can i get your recipe?

I was asked by a couple people what I have in the pollen Library right now.

LAX3 x Pack 590

Mr. Headband ( Ill tell you about it sometime. Daywrecker s1)

LAX3/Mangla

LAX late

Lavender Lights/Pack 590

Oaxacan x Maui

Oldtime Haze

Maui x Mango Haze

Double Thai

Panama

LAX is:
LA Conf x Orange Crush x Salmon Creek Big Bud clone x LS1 Blue Kush.

590 is Orange Crush x Salmon Creek Big Bud clone x LS1 Blue Kush.

Mangla is LA Confidential x MNS Mango Haze

Mr Headband is a very rare, true male headband, found in S1s.

how'd you start your pollen library?
what did you use for vials etc.?

C

Carlos Danger

Dr. Purpur - Can you point the way to where you purchase your supplies for vials/etc?

O

OptionDork

Never a dull moment! Fingers crossed for everyone near these fires. I know of some very nice gardens in serious trouble here in Butte. I'm not out of the woods, myself. One day at a time..
Last season a fire started in Butte area right next to someone's garden and it was toast. When I've driven the back roads in the hills ALWAYS go past burned out areas from fires. January-February of this year the driest on record in my area. Woke up this morning to the smell of smoke. A few years ago a friend had ash raining down on his garden yet turned out OK for him. The only thing thunderstorms bring are more problems. Seems fires in the Butte area just a way of life.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
fire is heading right up the mountain towards my spot...if they issue evacuation orders for the neighborhood south of me then im gonna be in some shit. they got it up to 45% containment so things are looking better...thank god for those fireteams really got respect for them some have been working 24 hour shifts..

furrywall11

the smoke was a little better today where I'm at.....wishing the best for everyone...

hey I got a question about plants;

So, I'm about 3 weeks into flower and some of the girls are a little pale/barely perceptible shades of yellow and some are dropping leaves that don't see the sun and I want to get some N in there to fix this.... So far I've been doing SN14 foliar @ 2/3rds of a tsp/gl...but, it doesn't seem to be working fast enough. Some of my plants are pretty big 10x10 or so in 300gl pots. In the past I've had some success supplementing with age old grow 12-6-6...but, I was thinking about using a non-organic fertilizer (btw, to this point I've been totally organic with the General Organics line and Vermifire soil) because, they seem to work faster. I know this isn't going to be good for the microbes but, it's seems like it's worth it to ensure that my plants don't go yellow and defoliate in the later stages of flowering. Anyone got any advice? I was thinking a "light feeding" of Fox Farm Grow Big....or should I maybe do a foliar with Age Old? I just want to get the vital green color back... Thanks!

OrganicBuds

Veteran
Using a non-organic fertilizer would mean you can't turn back. Once that petrol laced feed gets put into your soil, the damage is done as far as organics go. I would do a root drench with a strong PPD or also known as OceanGrown, or a similar product. At this point, it might be better to feed with a balanced NPK, and let her finish on her own. Just my two cents, good luck furrywall11.

milkyjoe

Veteran
the smoke was a little better today where I'm at.....wishing the best for everyone...

hey I got a question about plants;

So, I'm about 3 weeks into flower and some of the girls are a little pale/barely perceptible shades of yellow and some are dropping leaves that don't see the sun and I want to get some N in there to fix this.... So far I've been doing SN14 foliar @ 2/3rds of a tsp/gl...but, it doesn't seem to be working fast enough. Some of my plants are pretty big 10x10 or so in 300gl pots. In the past I've had some success supplementing with age old grow 12-6-6...but, I was thinking about using a non-organic fertilizer (btw, to this point I've been totally organic with the General Organics line and Vermifire soil) because, they seem to work faster. I know this isn't going to be good for the microbes but, it's seems like it's worth it to ensure that my plants don't go yellow and defoliate in the later stages of flowering. Anyone got any advice? I was thinking a "light feeding" of Fox Farm Grow Big....or should I maybe do a foliar with Age Old? I just want to get the vital green color back... Thanks!

I would almost bet that VF is short on Ca for a full season run. First choice would be micronized CaCO3 or srp combined with some SN14 fertigated (up to an ounce per gallon). I just think you gotta get some Ca in there with the N.

Second choice (and it really sucks cause it is really expensive) is fertigate one of the amino chelated Ca products (albion is 18.3 % Ca) along with the SN14. (btw, the aminos in both products should stimulate microbe activity at the same time)

Or the non organic path. CaNO3 is the one. Used judiciously it won't do too much damage to the microbes. And nothing on this earth will give you as strong a response for Ca and nitrogen. Problem is it is a nitrate...but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

edit...or better yet nettle tea for Ca and fn14/ferti nitro for aminos. If you have stinging nettles this is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.