What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zdub7k

negative comment retracted-positive statement inserted: I bet more people's gardens are protected by pits than any other breed...and the most important thing is that, your dog, works well for you. I happen to be a "pit guy" if we're stereotyping....and I love my dogs with all my heart, they are like members of my family, each night, they go to their respective members rooms and hop in bed with them....however, pitbulls are ten times more game than any other breed....making them very capable...and as we all know; with great power comes great responsibility. I tihnk most pit owners dont know what theyre getting them selves into and neglect the animal and its training...there are some, like myself however, who have spent the time and energy to properly handle such a magnificent animal and get great results from it....So it might be a good idea to spend some time around a couple dif specimens of the breed you are contemplating...and see if they fit your style...one thing I KNOW WE ALL CAN AGREE ON IS THAT DOGS ARE AWESOME! and theyre def a great security resource in this industry....seeing as the whole being armed and also around meds is highly discouraged in my state, they are about our best option.

Zdub7k

google sergeant stubby...only the amrny best and most decorated war dog of all time...credited with saving over 40 soldiers lives...he def was not an intelligent dog...and I dont mean to start arguments, but I am also VERY passionate about dogs, and have spent years working with them...

thaicat

If anyone wants a dog that ''brings the pot to boil'' and you can flip the switch off, almost instantly, get a good Doberman. I don't think most people realize or understand how intelligent the breed really is...Smarter than most humans, if you ask me. Boerboels would be a good second choice. They're fearless and dominant when need be.

With that said, nothing is able to sneak past my Presa. At times, I think she ''senses'' movement far, far away. She knows who and what is supposed to be here. God help the person or thing that doesn't belong. There is no flipping the switch with her.

T

TrichyTrichy

Presa is a dangerous machine! Amazing animals

Tom your imput is requested.

Zdub7k

Sour, do you really think pitbulls of ANY kind are a working breed? exactly what is it that you think they do for work?

well, for the amount of time you claim to have spent researching dogs, I would like to think that you would have heard of sergeant stubby...I think they can be trained to do almost any job...I retaliate with another question...what job cant they do?

I can agree with tom on some things. I know pit bulls from old time gamedog people and know herders from french ring and other dog sports.
Tom your right pit bulls are not goard dogs buts its be cuase they have no defence they are all prey. I know plenty of bulldogs that will work a sleeve in preydrive but when you put any presseure they back off unlike a good mal witch fights harder. They were breed for hunderds of years to never bite. The dogman i know would shoot a dog if it evan grolwled at them. If those dogs went after a man like they go after dogs they would kill every person they bite and you would never bealble to call them off.
They make good pets but dont count on one to save your life or any dog for that matter if youve seen as many dogs worked as me you would see that maybe 1 in 10 well bred herders will make the grade.
Also those razors ege and gotti dogs are not Pitbulls there are called american bullies and they give real pitbulls a bad name. Those are not working dogs but dogs bred for looks and big heads using pitbulls amstaffs and bulldogs to create that short wide look.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Delta grower. My female razor was pulling me on wheels along a river that dumps into the delta. Another very large male dog ( Some large mixed, non pit breed) ran up from his master Disobeying his commands to confront my girl.

She obeyed my stand down order and refrained attack, without physical restraint. Then I reached out with gloves on to push him away, commanding him in the name his master called him. He bit my hand but got only glove finger tip. Bad mistake. She took that as an override of command, and launched at him.

He was twice her size. He jumped back, but not fast enough. He lost a chunk out of his chest in a half second. and she meant to take his throat for that attack on me. He ran back down to the river like a lightning bolt, his master shouting out appologies out to me. I yelled "its ok man". I told her go and she pulled me a over a half mile at top speed. I wonder what the master thought of that mess?

I was proud of her initial obediance and her quick decision and response. He could have put me in the hospital.

Zdub7k

I can agree with tom on some things. I know pit bulls from old time gamedog people and know herders from french ring and other dog sports.
Tom your right pit bulls are not goard dogs buts its be cuase they have no defence they are all prey. I know plenty of bulldogs that will work a sleeve in preydrive but when you put any presseure they back off unlike a good mal witch fights harder. They were breed for hunderds of years to never bite. The dogman i know would shoot a dog if it evan grolwled at them. If those dogs went after a man like they go after dogs they would kill every person they bite and you would never bealble to call them off.
They make good pets but dont count on one to save your life or any dog for that matter if youve seen as many dogs worked as me you would see that maybe 1 in 10 well bred herders will make the grade.
Also those razors ege and gotti dogs are not Pitbulls there are called american bullies and they give real pitbulls a bad name. Those are not working dogs but dogs bred for looks and big heads using pitbulls amstaffs and bulldogs to create that short wide look.

I can agree with some of what you say, my partner trains dogs for a living...he owns a co called executive canine, and trains shepherds from belgium before they reach their owners (these dogs are like 10k each)....I had him put my pit thru the ringer, and he said they worked very well....and were easily trained..I let my dog out, and he makes a perimeter sweep, then comes and reports...BEFORE taking a shit.....I can feel where your coming from but again, thatd be like saying all basketball players are tall and from african descent....alot are...but not all.....and my pits arent little knobbed off things...theyre long legged dogs, who are more am staff dom...they act more like a terrier than a bully really...but again, they are working dogs..not show dogs or breeding dogs...

S

SeaMaiden

Maybe this thread needs a split, but I'm really enjoying the discussion and debates going on here, observations, experiences, etc.

I have a question for folks with the experience to answer this (but if you've got an opinion, toss it out there); what difference, if any, do you think it makes to be able to have the dog from a young age (say, 12-16 weeks old) versus a pound dog? Outside of the few pedigreed dogs my mother's gotten, I have always only ever had rescued dogs, either dumped near our home and we adopted them or went to the pound to adopt. We had one dumped dog that had puppies, but they were all little cockapoo mixes, and one was epileptic and literally retarded (I woke up thinking about poor little Junior this morning). Otherwise, I haven't raised many dogs from puphood, and I'm curious about this because I'm thinking it's better to be able to get the dog bonded to you from as early on as possible.

You said it your self your dogs are more amstaff dom. They have not been breed for working since the 30s. They can make good watch dogs and deturents but if your buying a protection dog its a pretty bad choice. Also when you say he put your pit through the ringer what did that entail? If it was your dogs first time on a sleave and he tried to work him in defense never go back there and bitch slap him when you see him. Thats a good way to ruin a dog.
What lines is your dog from?

Also i when Tom was calling pitbulls dumb. I bet he ment compared to a mal or evan a good german sheperd. They are to goofy and dont take much but fighting serius which is why i love them but they are subbmisive to humans so they arent to hard to train in basic everyday living.

To the guy with the razor ege dogs. The founder of razors ege has admitted to using amstaffs and bulldogs. He now started a registory just for those dogs. The breed is called american bullies. check it out its really growing and its better for the pitbulls and the bullies alike.

Zdub7k

I dropped my dogs off at his house for a month....they stayed outside with his pack and lived with them...he trained them daily for hunting and security, when I say put through the ringer I mean tested and trained right along side some of his top dogs. they responded well to pressure se we kept training in that direction...when I picked em up, I took them home and worked em daily, took em to his house two or three times a week and now just oce in a while...my dogs make great protection dogs bro...I dont know what youve seen, but mine work great.

Madjag

Veteran
You may not vote on any more threads today.

You may not vote on any more threads today.

I shit none of you, there is really like zero percentage in that. If you think for a second that your pitbull kicks some kindof ass outside of killing dogs or babies, you are highly fucking mistaken, imo..

Yes mon...

Madjag

Veteran
I had a friend who bought a Saluki. He lived in Phoenix and the Saluki is an ancient desert breed from Egypt or the northern Sahara desert areas.

One day he is out walking through the brush in Cave Creek just north of Scottsdale and comes across, or his dog came across (more likely), a good sized rattlesnake. Before he could turn to caution his dog, the Saluki leaped over the still outstretched snake, grabbed it behind the head, and whipped it back and forth like a mongoose until it was dead enough to safely drop.

Genetics.....not just another name for fate.

OrganicBuds

Veteran
Not sure if this is where to post this, but people in this thread might be more interested than others.

Lygnso in Redwood City ca, is now selling Bu's Bio Thermal Compost by the yard!!!!!!! It's on next year people, if you haven't grown with a+ quality steer compost then you should really grab some of this. Costly, but fantastic!!

I think me and tom have just seen dogs worked on another level. I have never seen a pitbull make it anywhere near the top of any protechtion sport. There might be the odd dogs but iv never seen a pitbull with more then a entry leval title let alone one that could compete with a herder. Most clubs wont evan try a pitbull. Look up french ring clips on youtube and you can see what were doing.

I dont agree with tom that pitbulls have no place. They make awsome hog hunting dogs and pets and evan non protection dog sports. Lets not for get what thery are breed to do fight and thats it. They are awsome with kids and people of all types and are way more stable then any herder.
i dont see where your killing babies comment comes from maybe youve been watching the fake ass news alil to much. They know about as much about cananabis as they do pitbulls, nothing.

No more harvest pics?where's all the dry shots?
let's see those out door nuggs.

Grape Stomper OG (Grape Stomper Dom.)
gsog2_zps8ef94745.jpg

Romulan
rom2_zpsac229a56.jpg

pre98 Bubba Kush x Querkle
bubba1_zps6a4b2643.jpg

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
After using the gold metal detector I found that it is really a good device, it can not only help to save time but also can help you to save energy. And besides being used for looking for gold, the gold metal detectors can alao be used to help the archologist in finding treasures and used in many other important places as security tool.

Ive got a bullshit detector that went off when I got to your post

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that romulan looks like the grape romulan from the 707

nice

Status
Not open for further replies.