What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrganicBuds

Veteran
OrganicBuds-You think the plant makes a certain amount of trichomes no matter the size of the plant? First ive ever heard that one......... better tell rootwise his plants are going to have less thc now that hes worked so hard to get them so big!! Should have told us all earlier, we'd go to the "Smaller plants outside but more thc per square inch" thread.

Not sure I said plant or not but I was talking bud size. I meant nothing bad for rootwise, the garden is amazing. I try to give these guys positive rep every time I can. Not going to try to further my point and litter the thread.

G

guest8905

I got a pm from a member saying I disrespected him by questioning his theory....and he felt he was humiliated in front of his fellow peers, and also that those peers were disrespected by my comments as well.

Im sure not all feel this way but if so i apologize, kinda ;)

Im sorry for asking how someone might come to this or that.......

IMHO bud size has nothing to do with quality, or number of trichomes.

Keep on growing

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
I think that my experience has led to the conclusion that the bigger the plant the better the buds. Almost no question about that fact to me. Mostly based off of OD growing experience, but Ive tried and indoor run or two. I find the bigger the plant the bigger the buds and the more THC production. Small plants have small buds and I think the more layers to a bud the more space in between the leaves and calyx is there to be filled in with resins.

I like to think a big cow produces big thick steaks, and yes the more marbled and layered the cut is the more flavor. Thats a strange analogy, but I think you get my point about the empty space being the fat and the bigger the bud the more fat per Tbone.

G

guest8905

ftr, i totally have mad respect for organicbuds and his style and the type of content and time he brings to icmag, standup icmag member imho

i just disagree with him on that point

That is what is amazing about growing cannabis; all of us have our own unique journey of achieving high quality and high yields and each of us have had a different path to get there. For me personally, when I questioned GoldCountryGuy, it was not to sound rhetoric but question with sincerity. I didn’t think about the obvious of root bounding monster plants, but that is a valid point. Last year I did Smart Pot 100 gallons, and didn’t notice any root bound effect, however, I’m sure it can happen. This year its 400 gallon raised beds with the ability of the roots to tap down further if they desire. I promised you guys some pics, just bare with me, still a virgin with this blogging thing, lol. Be prepared, you guys will be happy :)

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
damn sorry didnt mean for my runty plants to cause so much drama...

but when a friend of mine who frequents this forum gave me a tour of his garden, he said his 3lb smaller plants would be easier to maintain and show more vigor than some of the giant beasts.....but doesnt mean next year i wont try going for some of those chunky 8 footers...i think deep down inside we all want to grow the most giant cannabis plant as possible to showoff on here lol...

IMO the oldest plants always had the most subpar quality, its kind of obvious in my garden the plants that date back to feb/march just look like shit compared to my april/may starts.. the yield might not be as good but the quality is...of course if you are growing for max shekle collecting, than selling 8lbs @1400 is better than selling 5lb @ 1700...

Tom Hill

Veteran
Step aside son, just kidding :p

All is well here, some in the old barn though are pushing through the 16ft roof already, so about 13+ ft I reckon with a month of stretch yet, oh my.

Woop, outstanding Mendo, and everybody else too, rocking the hell out of it!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

damn sorry didnt mean for my runty plants to cause so much drama...

but when a friend of mine who frequents this forum gave me a tour of his garden, he said his 3lb smaller plants would be easier to maintain and show more vigor than some of the giant beasts.....but doesnt mean next year i wont try going for some of those chunky 8 footers...i think deep down inside we all want to grow the most giant cannabis plant as possible to showoff on here lol...

IMO the oldest plants always had the most subpar quality, its kind of obvious in my garden the plants that date back to feb/march just look like shit compared to my april/may starts.. the yield might not be as good but the quality is...of course if you are growing for max shekle collecting, than selling 8lbs @1400 is better than selling 5lb @ 1700...

This is all i was trying to say, sorry it came off hard to understand or whatever it was. I realize this is a thread for large plants. With some of the folks in here, I thought speaking of quality wouldn't be an issue as they are like-minded to me.

Grow them big and healthy!!! Enjoy the stretch!!! :tiphat:

Gratitude & Blessings from "Sunset Gardens"

Gratitude & Blessings from "Sunset Gardens"

Here are three pics from last week at the "Sunset"... Blue Dragon and Blue Dream

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Looks as though everyone is doing it right the first time. Congrats on all of the success. What a stellar season!

McDank8O5

Fill and Tom... stoked to finally see your guys work this season. outstanding/spectacular/gorgeous as usual fellas.

happy growing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts