What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madhemp

IMG_0359.jpg

A couple Jack 33s I'm trying out this season.
(there's a six foot cage in there, so they are around 7' now).

Thanks to you Rootwise, McDank, and the rest of you sharing your garden pic's....always inspirational...

MH

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
some of my runts lol.....not as nice as some but hey not too dissapointed theres always next year..

picture.php

DieselBerry x WW

picture.php

Cherry Pie doubleplant

picture.php

Dieselberry x SSSDH (purple F13 pheno).....i dont know what i did but this one came out round as a beachball love the shape...hoping for some dark purple nugs that reek like berries..

^ You are way ahead of last year!!! Great job!! I think your plants are a great size going into flower for the pot size. Any bigger and the bud quality might diminish.

:tiphat:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
thanks man yea i was going through my old gallery today looking at the pics from last year...some of the other plants in my garden arent as nice and its definately because they were a little to old, nothing sprouted/cloned before april 1st for next years crop...also gonna plant outdoors in may with supp lighting so they harden up and get hold quicker, there was an easy 2 weeks after transplant that they were stressed and some were losing fan leaves to light bleaching....we planted june 10-16th for those plants and they didnt take hold and start growing with vigor until early july and until we broke the PPD out! saw the pure protein guys at maximum yield and had to thank them for that product...even the local hydro stores up in 530 finally started stocking it, i think one of them is on IC lol.

They have 50 pound sachels at the worm soil factory, of the PPT that is. Tons of other goodies too. Check into it if you haven't, you wont regret it. Right off the highway.

thanks man yea i was going through my old gallery today looking at the pics from last year...some of the other plants in my garden arent as nice and its definately because they were a little to old, nothing sprouted/cloned before april 1st for next years crop...also gonna plant outdoors in may with supp lighting so they harden up and get hold quicker, there was an easy 2 weeks after transplant that they were stressed and some were losing fan leaves to light bleaching....we planted june 10-16th for those plants and they didnt take hold and start growing with vigor until early july and until we broke the PPD out! saw the pure protein guys at maximum yield and had to thank them for that product...even the local hydro stores up in 530 finally started stocking it, i think one of them is on IC lol.

G

guest8905

why would the bud quality diminish if the plant was bigger right now?

just wondering how you came to that conclusion?

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
some of my runts lol.....not as nice as some but hey not too dissapointed theres always next year..

View Image
DieselBerry x WW

View Image
Cherry Pie doubleplant

View Image
Dieselberry x SSSDH (purple F13 pheno).....i dont know what i did but this one came out round as a beachball love the shape...hoping for some dark purple nugs that reek like berries..
I like Your plants, and Nice Dog too.

why would the bud quality diminish if the plant was bigger right now?

just wondering how you came to that conclusion?

It's not a conclusion that I just came to. It's fact and I thought common knowledge that if a container becomes rootbound, yield and quality will diminish. I'm not suggesting the product will be bad by any means, just lesser than its non rootbound clone sister.

G

guest8905

very nice rootwise....love your work

OrganicBuds-You think the plant makes a certain amount of trichomes no matter the size of the plant? First ive ever heard that one......... better tell rootwise his plants are going to have less thc now that hes worked so hard to get them so big!! Should have told us all earlier, we'd go to the "Smaller plants outside but more thc per square inch" thread.

GCG- While the yield may be restricted, i dont think you can prove the quality goes down when outside plants get "rootbound" in smart pots that are 200+ gallons compared to holes in the ground. Can you define "rootbound"? Also can you define "rootbound" in a pot where roots are air pruned?, very different from plastic pots imho. And lastly you claim this as fact. Id love to see those facts....

its darn near august, and i bet that if yesforprops girls were 8 ft tall and 8 ft wide they would yield FAR more than they r going to now and that the quality would be exactly the same as long as he focuses on maintaing large plant vigor and health, which isnt as easy as it looks....lots of us here can attest to that.

Keep it irie and be safe out there everyone. Much respect

very nice rootwise....love your work

OrganicBuds-You think the plant makes a certain amount of trichomes no matter the size of the plant? First ive ever heard that one......... better tell rootwise his plants are going to have less thc now that hes worked so hard to get them so big!! Should have told us all earlier, we'd go to the "Smaller plants outside but more thc per square inch" thread.

GCG- While the yield may be restricted, i dont think you can prove the quality goes down when outside plants get "rootbound" in smart pots that are 200+ gallons compared to holes in the ground. Can you define "rootbound"? Also can you define "rootbound" in a pot where roots are air pruned?, very different from plastic pots imho. And lastly you claim this as fact. Id love to see those facts....

its darn near august, and i bet that if yesforprops girls were 8 ft tall and 8 ft wide they would yield FAR more than they r going to now and that the quality would be exactly the same as long as he focuses on maintaing large plant vigor and health, which isnt as easy as it looks....lots of us here can attest to that.

Keep it irie and be safe out there everyone. Much respect

I had a bunch typed up for you. I think that would just lead this discussion into an arguement and take away from it being informative.

I guess I'm trying to say that once the roots are restricted in anyway, so is growth. Whether that be early in veg and slow down explosive new shoot growth or in the middle of flowering and slow down bud/trichome production.

I say fact because it's fact to me, I dont have a book or a reference site for this. I have witnessed and experimented for 13 years now though.

I'm not suggesting huge plants in 200 gallon pots wont produce excellent quality large yeilds. I'm saying there is a better way, for me at least.

TY

Y

YosemiteSam

Hey Root...how much cleaning out do you do in the center of those beaties? And if you do any, when?

They are gorgeous...well done.

ROOTWISE

Veteran
Thanks everybody, much appreciated...

As for "thinning", I'd say I prune lower branches once a month all season long. As far as actual "thinning" of interior branching, it's a continual process throughout the season. I just try to chip away at it. However, right when the plants finish stretch and I can see flower heads forming, I do try to make one good push to remove inner and unproductive growth to give one final energy transfer to those tops....

Starting to pound in T-Posts, getting ready to install trellis. Spreading top-dressing of Castings, Guano, Kelp, etc....

I can't say enough about the PPD either. Magic shit.

Have fun everybody

:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.