What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

organic P

Would someone out there with drip line experience weigh in on how to space it? The line I bought has drippers that are spaced 12" apart and flow is .6 gph. these pots are 400 gallons. I think i used like 40'. The people at the irrigation place told me 18". I was worried that he might be wrong (at least for this application)

heres a pic... maybe overkill?:

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 8

mendo420

Veteran
40' Yea its over kill.
try it you can always shorten it.
I've herd the emitters get clogged use a filter.

I use the laser line 6" spacing.
Last year mine were 50'.
Over kill.
So I shortened them all.
3 coils around the pot.
Seems to work better.

V

Veg N Out

I used 35' on my 300 gallon smart pots when I used those. It worked perfect and wasn't over kill. You'll be able to apply about half as much water as a 400 gallon container is going to need in the peak of the summer in 1 hour with 45' of line the way you have it...

I would just roll with it.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
had some rains and cold temps up here last night...hopefully this week heats back up but forecast says sixties-seventies untill tuesday

Y

YosemiteSam

100 degrees and 6% RH in western CO...I am going through some water but growth is outstanding.

V

Veg N Out

60 degrees right now in Southern Trinity County, CA .........Bull shit..So happy I spray my garden down with 15-1-1 right before this cold front/storm roll in...My plants are keeping their green nicely.

Hoping that the Summer heat hangs around in July and through August....and we have a nice dry Fall with Rains that don't come till November...!!

HorseMouth

Oregon, East of the Cascades,

I'll be looking at a high of 60 today, 55 yesterday. Lows, in the High 30's the last few nights. Tons of Rain. So unusual for this time of year. 3 years ago it was easily 90 by this time.

Plants super happy though, Black Boxes and Full Season all growing whenever the sun peaks thru.

Peace

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
100 degrees and 6% RH in western CO...I am going through some water but growth is outstanding.

western slope
same here, effin hot and dusty, and the wind is really pissin me off, whippin the plants all over the damn place.

Black outs are doin well, aug harvests.

heard there shuttin the ditches off in july, waters gonna get expensive, here soon.

CBF

OrganicBuds

Veteran
I have a question for people growing in mounds this season:

Do you guys water the entire mound or just around the plant base? I was thinking a moat on the top of the mounds going the length of the mounds would make a for a nice and even watering. Any thoughts?

V

Veg N Out

I think Moats with Alligators around the mounds will be great for Harvest time ripper deterrence...But from my experience...its best to just water the whole mound.......A lot.

If you built the sides of the mounds up and flooded them I'm sure that would work , but the best part about the mound is getting the roots to follow the water and spread out in to the Native soil... Bless

organic P

What dilution rate are some of you guys using to distribute compost teas to your large gardens? Im hoping to get away with like 10:1

OrganicBuds

Veteran
I think Moats with Alligators around the mounds will be great for Harvest time ripper deterrence...But from my experience...its best to just water the whole mound.......A lot.

If you built the sides of the mounds up and flooded them I'm sure that would work , but the best part about the mound is getting the roots to follow the water and spread out in to the Native soil... Bless

Good looking out. I agree with your comments, just had to get my ideas confirmed.

mapinguari

Veteran
I have a question for people growing in mounds this season:

Do you guys water the entire mound or just around the plant base? I was thinking a moat on the top of the mounds going the length of the mounds would make a for a nice and even watering. Any thoughts?

Checking the edges of my mounds yesterday I saw they were quite dry around the sides, so I'm going to be dousing them fairly regularly at the edges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts