What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slangheat

Chocolope this morning, at or around 7 ft tall and very bushy. Wanted to start trellising my big plants last week but my hortonova still hasn't arrived yet... patience is a virtue, I suppose - but these girls are exploding each day, LOL.. here she is:
jzb7g1.jpg

Here's her stalk, bottom of bubbler is about same size as a beer bottle for reference:
15zs2ll.jpg

This plant was originally in a ~100g homemade smarty, but it quickly outgrew the damn thing by the end of June, in just about a months worth of growing. I posted about another plant, Casey Jones, that was at the same rate as this one, but showing some issues... Trinity Gold came to the rescue, and advised me to where I am at this point - big bushy girls with doubled the original soil volume. Many thanks once again TG!

This is a backyard grow, and my first time attempting any garden with plants this size - still much to learn, but my expectations this far have totally been exceeded. Thank you to all of the many contributors you guys are amazing.

NorcalBob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Couple of my galz

Couple of my galz

I've learned so much with this thread, one of the best tools a NorCal boy could have at his disposal. First off, I want to give Tom a huge Thank you, words cant describe how elite you are sir!~
Next I want to thank some of the main contributers to this thread. You guys have taken it to the next level, and I've enjoyed learning from you and watching you produce the fruits of our labor of love. Nomaad, Dr. Purpur, Raco, Butte, Trinity Gold, Mad Rose, Ganja D, Time2, Localhero,, Fill, Yankee G, butte Creek, thank you guys for sharing your expertise with us. Also to BotanicalBill, you have asked some great questions, squeezed lots of great info from this gents, thanks pal!

:thank you:

I'd like to share a few shots of my summer grow with you guys, not the ragin monsters you guys are putting out, but I'm diggin'm. I took these tonight, the flash is fckin with their color. They look malnourished, trust me they aren't.

Dj TBB

my plat OG

Chrome's Blue Cindy

few Chimera strains

Most of these are in 100g smarties, first time I've used these big ones outdoors, they're great! Think I'll get some 200'er for next year.....lol~ Thanks again for letting me be part of this magic.

:tiphat::wave:

oldhaole

Veteran
Another Crappy day in Paradise

Another Crappy day in Paradise

Summer is here on Maui. All the big girls shown are in the nine ft. range.

Because we have no animals that would eat the roots, and the natural soil here is very good, the plants can be put directly in ground. Each hole has a bag of FFOF, half a bale of Sunshine #3, and two five gallon buckets of my dog shit compost. Once a month I pour a bucket of water with a cup of fresh blood on each of them.

The Thai and Elephant Ear strains were planted from seed in ground March first. The Jack Herer was planted from seed directly into the hole March 15th. I expect all of these to be in the 15 ft range by late August.

The girls shown drink about 10- 15 gallons of water every other day. The entire garden is on drip lines.

In Hawaii each patient can grow 7 plants for themselves and be a caregiver to another patient (another 7). Between wife of my youth and myself (caregiver to another patient), we are legal for 21 holes.
Since we are only allowed 7 it is very important to maximize your yield per hole.

Last year I grew 44 lbs out of 28 holes. This year I want to do the same with 21 holes.

Pic 1) is an Elephant Ear. In the 9 ft range
Pic 2) a Jack Herer trifoliate. Also in the 9 ft range.
Pic 3) Another Jack Herer trifoliate. Beyond 9 ft tall.
Pic 4) A Thai cross. This one is closer to 10 ft.
Pic 5) A Bloody Widow girl. My smallest plant.
Pic 6) I planted these three too close together. All are Thai croses. I refer to this group as The Blob.

Instead of wire mesh supporting the branches, I build a bamboo frame, and support the branches with fishing line. Each hole has about $75.00 of material in it.

Since I only have 5 acres, I use the trees and natural contours of the land to hide these. Some of the holes have height restrictions (plants can be seen from off my property) so I pull them down and let them spread out.

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 10
  • the blob 2.jpg
    the blob 2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 13
  • hole 11 7-7.jpg
    hole 11 7-7.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 13
  • hole 10 Jack Herer 7-7.jpg
    hole 10 Jack Herer 7-7.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 15
  • hole 9 Jack Herer 7-7.jpg
    hole 9 Jack Herer 7-7.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 17
  • hole 12 7-7.jpg
    hole 12 7-7.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 9
B

Butte_Creek

BD 6/1/2011
picture.php

BD 7/5/2011
picture.php

GC 6/1/2011
picture.php

GC 7/5/2011
picture.php

every things chuggin' along now, after a short pre-flower issue in the beginning, everything seems to be fully back in veg kicking.

sorry about photo size, if anyone could explain to me how to post photos that aren't so large, like the small photos that after clicked on are enlarged on a new window..

B

Butte_Creek

i also got a question for everyone, specifically TG, this season i'm running supp light up until stretch for the first time, because of pre-flower issues when they were put out, what would be a date you would recommend turning off the supp light?

i don't want to extend their veg at all, but also don't want to flip early. i heard you said the 25th, how did you come up with that specific date?

T

Trinity Gold

i also got a question for everyone, specifically TG, this season i'm running supp light up until stretch for the first time, because of pre-flower issues when they were put out, what would be a date you would recommend turning off the supp light?

i don't want to extend their veg at all, but also don't want to flip early. i heard you said the 25th, how did you come up with that specific date?

Hey how's it going your plants look like they're really starting to come in to their own. I decided to pull the plug..literally...on the 25th because I figured things normally start up around the first week of August for me and so coming off 24/0 about a week early would make sure I'm going to pull on time for what I want to do.

very interested to see how the mango haze does for you doc!

i'm subscribing to this thread, i hope you'll keep us updated!

best of luck

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
OG.... oh gee !! Doc! :)

Well Fish farming or aqua culture then prolly the last things on your minds but here's some news on Fish Farming just out tonight , another way to earn & keep it legal if you have some land , guy in Indianna growing 100's of lbs of shrimp in his barn every month...$15/lb
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/New-federal-policy-aims-to-apf-2854109167.html?x=0&.v=2

And feed the masses too .

*Here's the NOAA site , they use lights too ...properly done a perfect farm can be achieved . Biological "Cognitive Resonance"...and the Feds are providing funding too !!
http://aquaculture.noaa.gov/funding/welcome.html

hatcherytankshornpt_220.jpg

* as opposed to--> biological "Cognitive Dissonance" ...lol, know
a few of you guys could handle this and like shrimp Scampi too!

Last edited:

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Fish farming
hatcherytankshornpt_220.jpg

Id love to do that. I hear that when you inject pure oxygen in the ponds, the fish grow like crazy, and have real solid excellent meat.

I love shrimp and seafood. I was working on my Mexican style seafood cocktail this weekend. I use Shrimp, Dungeness crab, and slow cooked sea scallops.

picture.php

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
OG

OG

Hey doc... what OG is that?

Hey Nomaad, alot of these cuts come from a mother closet in Honeydew. I have no idea which one it is. My buddy there is a senior citizen, thats been growing since the 60s(down in Santa Cruz), and he never cared much about names. He sometimes calls the Headband sour diesel, and its not. As far as the GDP we grow, it may not be GDP. Could be Mendo Purps. dont know.

Speaking of Headband, We lost one of our biggest plants today to root rot. Had to pull it. The other plants will fill in its spot. That was a big loss. I love that weed. Im smoking it right now

Slangheat

picture.php

Casey Jones at or around 9 feet tall from the top of her pot.

Very unusual overcast weather this morning... I can dig it, was hot as hell last week.

Once again thanks so much to everyone in this thread, especially TG, for helping me out in a big way this year.
:dance013:

GreenHands13

got a drip question my drip is 1” mainline down to 1/2” emitter tubing that has 4 300° sprayers installed. each circuit has 10 plants on it and im using 25 psi pressure regulators. my problem is my pressure is fluctuating everything will be spraying well for a minute then the pressure drops and after another quick minute the pressure comes back. why is it fluctuating like that? should i get higher psi pressure regulators? any advice is appreciated thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts