What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Green New Deal

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Packer, You obviously don't know very much about renewable energy. Batteries are only used in single user, "off the grid" applications, and unfortunately in cars..

Hydrogen! Read about hydrogen. Read about Electrolysis.

When you put electricity into water, it breaks the water down into hydrogen and oxygen.

When you provide an ignition source to the hydrogen and oxygen you get an explosion with the same amount of energy as the electricity used to break down the water. No loss. No pollution. Just water.

Solar, wind, tidal, We need to go there now. Petroleum based combustion is old poisonous technology that needs to go away fast.

I was referring to the fact that you posted half the article. You left out the ending where it said few fatalities. The way you posted a portion of the article, claiming 2001 to 2005 I think those are the correctyears. Then the part about the statistics going back to 1979, with 3 mile island. It's misleading.

Fukushima was obviously crazy. I don't doubt their Is risk involved in nuclear power. I am not claiming we should have a reactor in every town. We should have a well thought out multipoint approach to energy production. You focus on 1 thing. Try looking at the big picture. We are a nation of 330million people. We aren't throwing up a couple million solar panels and solving the problem. Their are serious environmental issues with solar panel, and battery production, no one addresses.

If you want to truly make a difference in the environment, demand all politicians stop combining environmental reforms with crazy handouts, like I have stated multiple times previously. You may not like it but you need conservatives if you want to save the world. We can work together, but don't expect conservatives to stand by while Stalin in a skirt (AOC) tries to destroy our freedom , and our way of life.

EvergreenState

Reminds me of a song from the movie Oh Brother Where Art Thou. The title of the song is- Big Rock Candy Mountain and here are the lyrics:
And the jungle fire was burning,
Down the track came a hobo hiking,
And he said, "Boys, I'm not turning
I'm headed for a land that's far away
Besides the crystal fountains
So come with me, we'll go and see
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains,
There's a land that's fair and bright,
Where the handouts grow on bushes
And you sleep out every night
Where the boxcars all are empty
And the sun shines every day
On the birds and the bees
And the cigarette trees
The lemonade springs
Where the bluebird sings
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains
All the cops have wooden legs
And the bulldogs all have rubber teeth
And the hens lay soft-boiled eggs
The farmers' trees are full of fruit
And the barns are full of hay
Oh I'm bound to go
Where there ain't no snow
Where the rain don't fall
The wind don't blow
You never change your socks
And the little streams of alcohol
Come trickling down the rocks
The brakemen have to tip their hats
And the railroad bulls are blind
There's a lake of stew
And of whiskey, too
You can paddle all around 'em
In a big canoe
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains,
The jails are made of tin
And you can walk right out again,
As soon as you are in
There ain't no short-handled shovels,
No axes, saws or picks,
I'ma goin' to stay
Where you sleep all day,
Where they hung the Turk
That invented work
I'll see you all this coming Fall
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains"

packerfan79

Veteran
Packer, You obviously don't know very much about renewable energy. Batteries are only used in single user, "off the grid" applications, and unfortunately in cars..

When you put electricity into water, it breaks the water down into hydrogen and oxygen.

When you provide an ignition source to the hydrogen and oxygen you get an explosion with the same amount of energy as the electricity used to break down the water. No loss. No pollution. Just water.

Solar, wind, tidal, We need to go there now. Petroleum based combustion is old poisonous technology that needs to go away fast.

Never said I was an expert. I said we need a multi point approach. Hydrogen is quite possibly a part of that. As far as batteries they may not be widely used, they will be . If you want to use solar power you must have a way to store the power. I assume you are smart enough to realize that the sun doesn't shine at night.

It would be nice if you could at least acknowledgement that the Democrats are trying to cram a bunch of retarded policies that have nothing to do with co2 or pollution, down our throats. Stop combining trillions in deficit spending on handouts in order to make any attempt to combat climate change.

If you care about climate change, address climate change. I really don't believe the Democrats have any intention of reducing climate change, if they did, they would not ne flying around in private jets that produce more co2 in a flight than I do in a year. They wouldn't be using climate change to take more power over a supposedly free people. The left has been on a mission to control every aspect of the American citizens life for too long. Climate change is just another tool for their oppression.

igrowone

Veteran
there is so much tech in the pipeline, it's really overwhelming
here's one that's old but new, liquid batteries
the battery is charged with a liquid, the liquid contains the chemicals that produce the electricity
to recharge the battery is drained and refilled with a new 'charge'
what it brings to the table is recharge times as fast as gasoline cars
these batteries had been fairly low energy, but there has been progress
it does a nice job reusing existing infrastructure, i.e. gas stations just have a different liquid

St. Phatty

Have you ever burned Scotch Broom ?

It is very impressive. Wet freshly cut Scotch Broom burns NO PROBLEM.

As if the sap was gasoline.

I was looking for references, found one about some work at some college in Oregon, running an internal combustion engine on Scotch Broom.

It's not like it comes out of the press in a form that you can just pour it into a gas tank though.

Brazil runs their cars on Alcohol. Works great !

Some natural plant extracts improve the energy density of Alcohol, which is what you need in a liquid fuel.

Imagine how different the world would be if petrochemical fuels had been abandoned in favor of other functional liquid fuels.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Never said I was an expert. I said we need a multi point approach. Hydrogen is quite possibly a part of that. As far as batteries they may not be widely used, they will be . If you want to use solar power you must have a way to store the power. I assume you are smart enough to realize that the sun doesn't shine at night.

Well Packer, I'm explaining hydrogen and hydrolysis to you and you are asking me if I'm smart enough to know that the sun does not shine at night. I guess I'll just leave that be. :biggrin:

It would be nice if you could at least acknowledgement that the Democrats are trying to cram a bunch of retarded policies that have nothing to do with co2 or pollution, down our throats. Stop combining trillions in deficit spending on handouts in order to make any attempt to combat climate change.

Maybe you didn't have your coffee yet. Numbnuts just gave a trillion dollar tax break to the super rich while everyone else is getting screwed out of their tax return. The dems have always for environmental safety while the stupid party is now wanting to put out propaganda on climate denial and refire the coal industry.

If you care about climate change, address climate change. I really don't believe the Democrats have any intention of reducing climate change, if they did, they would not ne flying around in private jets that produce more co2 in a flight than I do in a year. They wouldn't be using climate change to take more power over a supposedly free people. The left has been on a mission to control every aspect of the American citizens life for too long. Climate change is just another tool for their oppression.

Jeez Packer, have you seen trumps personal 757. I agree the private jets should have a whopper of a tax that pays for clean fuel development. I have been in places where there were 100s of private jets burning kerosene waiting in line for take off. Go by the airport after a Notre Dame or Big 10 football game...

FYI, Hydrogen can be used as a battery. The reason we don't go there is that big oil has enough $$$ to always get their way. Fascist if you as me. Industry runs the government and wrecks the environment to deepen their pockets.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Have you ever burned Scotch Broom ?

It is very impressive. Wet freshly cut Scotch Broom burns NO PROBLEM.

As if the sap was gasoline.

I was looking for references, found one about some work at some college in Oregon, running an internal combustion engine on Scotch Broom.

It's not like it comes out of the press in a form that you can just pour it into a gas tank though.

Brazil runs their cars on Alcohol. Works great !

Some natural plant extracts improve the energy density of Alcohol, which is what you need in a liquid fuel.

Imagine how different the world would be if petrochemical fuels had been abandoned in favor of other functional liquid fuels.

You have alcohol in every gallon of gas you burn. The only reason is farm subsidies. You know - Red State Hand outs. Alcohol takes more energy to make than it saves. It only works here because it is a rich farmer welfare program.

Cannavore

Veteran
"As temperatures rise, this could mean many of the biggest cities in the Middle East and South Asia would become lethally hot in summer, perhaps as soon as 2050. There would be ice-free summers in the Arctic and the unstoppable disintegration of the West Antarctic’s ice sheet, which some scientists believe has already begun, threatening the world’s coastal cities with inundation. Coral reefs would mostly disappear. And there would be tens of millions of climate refugees, perhaps many more, fleeing droughts, flooding and extreme heat, and the possibility of multiple climate-driven natural disasters striking simultaneously."

"Two degrees would be terrible, but it’s better than three, at which point Southern Europe would be in permanent drought, African droughts would last five years on average, and the areas burned annually by wildfires in the United States could quadruple, or worse, from last year’s million-plus acres. And three degrees is much better than four, at which point six natural disasters could strike a single community simultaneously; the number of climate refugees, already in the millions, could grow tenfold, or 20-fold, or more; and, globally, damages from warming could reach $600 trillion — about double all the wealth that exists in the world today."

"The GND resolution is not a policy or a series of policies. It is a set of goals, aspirations, and principles. It purposefully puts the vision up front and leaves the policymaking for later.

Nonetheless, many commentators have simply chosen to pretend it is policy, or project policy on it. “The government would put sector after sector under partial or complete federal control,” frets David Brooks in the New York Times, and “oversee the renovation of every building in America.” None of this is in the resolution.

Nor is a prohibition on nuclear power. Nor is a prohibition on carbon taxes. All of these are things various critics have projected on it.

Neither, as even some sympathetic critics have charged, is it simply a “laundry list” of things progressives happen to like. As the Atlantic’s Rob Meyer argues in this excellent piece (truly: read it), the GND is an expression of a coherent and very American economic philosophy: good old industrial policy."

igrowone

Veteran
what will be interesting with respect to the desertification is where the new rain falls
on balance there will be more rain, not less
which of course isn't necessarily good, depends where it falls, how much, time of year and so on
what new climate zones we get promises to be wild because that is likely to be not well understood

packerfan79

Veteran
FYI, Hydrogen can be used as a battery. The reason we don't go there is that big oil has enough $$$ to always get their way. Fascist if you as me. Industry runs the government and wrecks the environment to deepen their pockets.

Then let's shrink the size of government.

Republicans are the party trying to eliminate congressional pensions. Institute term limits. Can you get behind these reforms?

Then demand Democrats get behind it. They won't they only seek power, not our best interest. Both parties, the main reason I am not a member of a political party.

Only 1 party is seeking to limit corruption.

Cannavore

Veteran
the republicans are seeking to limit corruption while being the most corrupted people in the room. makes sense lol.

pensions dont mean shit when they retire from public work then join the private company they've been bribed by while in government.

like is nancy pelosi a millionaire cuz shes got a govt salary and pension or because she takes blank checks from private industry because our government is an oligarchy?

Gry

Veteran
An entire collection meltdowns most of which dwarfed the release at Three Mile Island.
Very seldom mentioned even though they are within spitting distance of one our largest urban areas.
There for any who look deeper than corporate media chooses to share.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Then let's shrink the size of government.

Republicans are the party trying to eliminate congressional pensions. Institute term limits. Can you get behind these reforms?

Then demand Democrats get behind it. They won't they only seek power, not our best interest. Both parties, the main reason I am not a member of a political party.

Only 1 party is seeking to limit corruption.

Oh Boy! This is a DOOZIE!. Do you mean One party is trying to corner the market on corruption? #Convictions

Republicans had two years and did nix, nada, shit. It's not about what a few talk about, It's about what they do.

Hey, Shrink away. Shrink the military, shrink the fat, whatever it takes to pay for college and medicare for all.

Badfishy1

Oh Boy! This is a DOOZIE!. Do you mean One party is trying to corner the market on corruption? #Convictions

Republicans had two years and did nix, nada, shit. It's not about what a few talk about, It's about what they do.

Hey, Shrink away. Shrink the military, shrink the fat, whatever it takes to pay for college and medicare for all.

Convictions? Let’s play a game. I’m sure that refers to manafort (happened during Hussein’s administration w contacts of HRC), Flynn, prosecuted for a crime even the FBI said he didn’t commit and Roger Stone, had little if anything to do with trump campaign.
Ohhhh let’s run dems... Ohr, under investigation, Comey, strozk, Page, Bernie’s wife (case mysteriously disappeared) Loretta Lynch, Weiner/ Huma, Awan, shall we continue? Oh and the biggest fish in barrel HRC and CF... yeah I’ll take ‘DNC is fucked for $100 Alex’

>Lol shrink away
>more free shit
Pick one

Cannavore

Veteran
bernies wife lol

those charges were pushed by bernies gop rival and trumps campaign manager in vermont or something like that. clear political smear tactic if i ever saw one. theyre going to trot that one back out for 2020 just watch. the FBI dropped the probe on Jane Sanders and never convicted her of anything. it mysteriously disappeared because it was dropped nothing more.

packerfan79

Veteran
the republicans are seeking to limit corruption while being the most corrupted people in the room. makes sense lol.

pensions dont mean shit when they retire from public work then join the private company they've been bribed by while in government.

like is nancy pelosi a millionaire cuz shes got a govt salary and pension or because she takes blank checks from private industry because our government is an oligarchy?

If Nancy was limited to 3 terms she wouldn't be a millionaire.

Yeah, pensions do mean alot. We are the dum-dums paying politicians for the rest of their lives, for what?

Must be nice to be paid for life by people who you have consistently FUCKED.

So you don't support term limits or eliminating pensions? Not very progressive of you Cannavore.

Badfishy1

bernies wife lol

those charges were pushed by bernies gop rival and trumps campaign manager in vermont or something like that. clear political smear tactic if i ever saw one. theyre going to trot that one back out for 2020 just watch. the FBI dropped the probe on Jane Sanders and never convicted her of anything. it mysteriously disappeared because it was dropped nothing more.

Or FBI and DOJ are extensions of DNC, but just semantics at this point

Latest posts

Latest posts