What's new

The Great Beer Cup Challenge 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

antheis

Veteran
i'm just going to stop posting pics, mine are looking sickly and horrible i don't even want to waste time snapping the photos. (yes they really are that ugly)
everyone's plants are looking great though.

primobud

What Have I Done???

What Have I Done???

Howdy everyone, I was looking at my cups last night wondering if they'd become rootbound in another 7-8wks and I decided I'd give something a try. I picked one plant and if it's not dead in a few days I'll do the other 5 on Thursday. What I've done is removed 1/4 of the roots and I did it as follows.

picture.php
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=32623&pictureid=771629

LetsSeeYa

Well im late a day again, my bad. I took the pic last night, but wasn't able to post it till today.

Its getting some stink from it so im leaning toward it being the Skunk#1 or the cross with the NL#5, but not for sure yet.

Some nice looking competition it looks like, not to mention all the different methods going on:laughing:, very cool everyone as creative as can be:tiphat:

picture.php

LSY

L

LouDog420

Updates on 10-18

2 tallest (2nd row) - Double Strawberry diesel x OHS#1
Runt (first row, left) - Sour bubble f2
2nd runt (first row, middle) - new purple power x hashberry
first row, right side - lucky dip freebie

picture.php

sick stuff

Howdy everyone, I was looking at my cups last night wondering if they'd become rootbound in another 7-8wks and I decided I'd give something a try. I picked one plant and if it's not dead in a few days I'll do the other 5 on Thursday. What I've done is removed 1/4 of the roots and I did it as follows.

interesting.

i did something similar just the other day to my plant, entered in a different party cup challenge, and repotted it in a party cup variant of an airpot that i created.

good luck!

Has V confirmed the 4wk veg req. or is that still up in the air. I found a post in the "other" beer cup challege thread that v said it was more of a 120 time limit.

We started last Sunday but you can jump in at any time with new seeds. Just dont exceed the 120 day limit. It is about the best looking plant at the end. Just like the Bud of the Month contest.

V

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
well i just got some new seeds and decided to re-enter the beer cup challenge.

basic rules are start to finish in 16 ounce beer cup and 120days from start to chop right?

do i count from right now or from when they pop out of the soil? mine will be from today till around february 18 - 23.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
i am pretty sure the 120 days started 9/25 and will end approximately Jan 25...

judging will be at 120 days from 9/25 from my understanding...

also on the veg requirement, i really did not think there was a requirement. 4 week max veg, 120 max growth was how i took things.

if i understand correctly you could go straight to flower and harvest at day 70.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i don't think theres a fixed segment in which these 120 days occur, he said we could jump in at anytime.
Now the rules of the game will be

1. From seed only. No autos.
2. 16 oz. beer cup. Color is of your choice but not to exceed 16 oz.
3. Indica or Sativa or a cross of your choice.
4. Roots cannot extend past the bottom of the cup.
5. 4 week veg time. 120 days to the T.
6. Any medium you feel comfortable with.
7. Everyone will post weekly pictures of their plants.
8. When the time limit is finished we will have a vote similar to the Bud of the month contest.

*We started last Sunday but you can jump in at any time with new seeds. Just dont exceed the 120 day limit. It is about the best looking plant at the end. Just like the Bud of the Month contest.*

V

L

LouDog420

i don't think theres a fixed segment in which these 120 days occur, he said we could jump in at anytime.

120 days was from Sept 25th, otherwise the contest could go on forever and prizes wouldn't be necessary :wave:

Feel free to jump in at anytime, just gotta finish by 120 days from Sept 25th

G

greenmatter

where is V, and how can stoners have a contest without adult supervision?

the 120 day total grow time with veg not longer than 4 weeks is the way i read things too ..... if that is what V meant there is still time to get onboard with a short flowering strain.

L

LouDog420

Hell, we're voting on 'prettiest plant', so if you can win with some veg pics or germination pics ;), go for it! I say we let things ride and just grow some plants in beer cups.

Keep those beans a poppin' :tiphat:

V must be lost in the real world.... :moon:

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i thought this was just for fun and bragging rights?

i don't need no stinkin prizes. anyway im still planning on finishing feb 18th which is 120 days from now. prolly wont even be finished as these are sativa beans.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
i am pretty sure the 120 days started 9/25 and will end approximately Jan 25...

judging will be at 120 days from 9/25 from my understanding...

also on the veg requirement, i really did not think there was a requirement. 4 week max veg, 120 max growth was how i took things.

if i understand correctly you could go straight to flower and harvest at day 70.

I am going to go with this because I really need to get them out of my veg space so I can lower my light. It will be interesting to see how they take to vert.

picture.php

G

greenmatter

i don't need no stinkin prizes. anyway im still planning on finishing feb 18th which is 120 days from now. prolly wont even be finished as these are sativa beans.

thats the way it all started ( i think )........ so whatcha planting man? strain?

primobud

"You must spread some rep..." Right on man, a nice bud to show off and puff, yee haw!!!

1 Day 2 Days

Root Cut after 2 days I see some wilting.

Endur

Veteran
What up Fellow Challengers?

Well, here is my weekly update.

I started to feed half strength nutrients.
The plants are looking good, and growing nicely.

It appears, that out of the 3 plants, I have two confirmed Males.
I'll wait until next week and cull them.

So yep, here are the fliks.

HS#1... My only chance @ this contest, if this is the female.
picture.php

picture.php

HS#2... (Male)
picture.php

picture.php

HS#3...(Male)
picture.php

picture.php

Group Shot...
picture.php

Males...
picture.php

picture.php

Time Stamp, with HS#1
picture.php

Peace
Endur

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
sadly, I'm begging out.
exceptional work from many too, just out of my league here...so I'm gonna go sit with the girls.

...if I can ressurect the trifoliate, I may return with some pictures.

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.