What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Great Awakening

Is the Great Awakening happening?

• Yes

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
only 8 days left to come up with some insane reason why what's his name isn't being inaugurated!

weather man says 0% chance of storm on march 4th!

M

member 505892

Is this why you haven't commented on my post re Galileo? You asked me a question, Man ...

That's not how Hempy rolls.... he has his idea of what makes him 'feel' smart lodged firmly in his bonce and then spends the rest of his time trying to bring the fantasy into existence.... because, if he doesn't- he will be left feeling pretty silly, which is unacceptable....

The 5 D's of Dodgeball- Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and.... Dodge.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

Hempy McNoodle

Is this why you haven't commented on my post re Galileo? You asked me a question, Man ...

I didn't know you were expecting a comment. I will say that in your comment, you seem to fail to see how Galileo proves your original point (that a single person wont likely undermine an entire consensus of the 'scientific' community) to be erroneous.

Hempy McNoodle

only 8 days left to come up with some insane reason why what's his name isn't being inaugurated!

weather man says 0% chance of storm on march 4th!

The march 4th thing is made up fake news as far as I can tell. For instance, I'm not expecting anything. Strawman argument? Me thinks so.

Hempy McNoodle

Did you actually read the article?

Essentially, the editorial shows that a college education will churn out "scholars" who don't debate anything on the substance, but instead go to known liars ("debonkers" and war hawk MSM) where they will tell you that anyone who disagrees with their blatently false narratives is a 'conspiracy theorist' and have been debonked, lol. All so that they can attack the person, not address the substance. If there is no more debate. What happens to science? What happens to truth. They are now teaching the exact opposite of critical thinking in colleges across the US.

Besides, isn't wikipedia known to be edited by CIA.

I mentioned wikipedia a few months ago as a good place to get an overview and many of you commented on how it is unacceptable. Yet, now you suddenly agree with the brainwash from NYT.

How interesting..

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
new term choking the brain = narrative

term with little meaning anymore = critical thought

The public knows nothing of debate between scientists. They are not privy.

Hempy McNoodle

new term choking the brain = narrative

term with little meaning anymore = critical thought

The public knows nothing of debate between scientists. They are not privy.

Scientific debate, which is an essential part of science, is being done away with. It has been slowly replaced over the last 15 years or so with the term 'consensus', which is pretty much the opposite of science. Science exists to break through 'consensus'. Consensus would imply that science is a democratic process (which it is not). Also, 'scientific consensus' is easily manipulated by HR departments at any and all institutions. I've seen so many examples of dissenting scientists losing their jobs for going against the pseudo-scientific narratives.

And if a scientist debates a pseudo-scientist, the pseudo-scientist will predictably use and hide behind another pseudo-scientific tool, 'Occam's Razor.'

Hempy McNoodle

Scientific debate, which is an essential part of science, is being done away with. It has been slowly replaced over the last 15 years or so with the term 'consensus', which is pretty much the opposite of science. Science exists to break through 'consensus'. Consensus would imply that science is a democratic process (which it is not). Also, 'scientific consensus' is easily manipulated by HR departments at any and all institutions. I've seen so many examples of dissenting scientists losing their jobs for going against the pseudo-scientific narratives.

And if a scientist debates a pseudo-scientist, the pseudo-scientist will predictably use and hide behind another pseudo-scientific tool, 'Occam's Razor.'

Authoritarianism..

Latest posts

Latest posts