What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Great Awakening

Is the Great Awakening happening?

• Yes

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

Hempy McNoodle

Funny how this article fails to mention that he is or was Co-Chair for the Clinton Global Initiative...

Denver attorney Steve Bachar wanted on felony theft, fraud charges
https://www.denverpost.com/2021/10/25/steve-bachar-felony-theft-fraud-charges/

After they made such a big deal about him in 2015...

Politico Steve Bachar to work on socially responsible investing
https://www.denverpost.com/2015/04/...ar-to-work-on-socially-responsible-investing/

"Denver lawyer and political heavy-hitter Steve Bachar, a former White House staffer and co-chairman of the Clinton Global Initiative America, is taken his talents to Denver law firm Moye White’s business group that works in socially responsible investments.

Bachar joins the firm as a partner.

“As one of Colorado’s preeminent public policy attorneys and a respected adviser to businesses, nonprofits, and government and political leaders, Steve’s capabilities dovetail perfectly with the needs of our Colorado and national business clients,” Moye White managing partner Tom List said in a statement."

"Socially responsible investing"^

_118252499_c930b34a-b614-4a59-85c7-4bc7a70c71f0.jpg

Hempy McNoodle

Hempy out of the 1.7 million immigrants welcomed into our country this year,how many were vax'd upon entry......someone here at IC stated a while back that all were.Just curious as I watch the mandates move forward.

My understanding is that illegal immigrants (and/or, so-called "asylum seekers") are not subject to any jab screening. I think legal immigrants are probably required to be tested, if not jabbed.

Hempy McNoodle

Blocking a road makes it acceptable to run someone over with a car?

The reason it became an issue and Florida passed a law that you don't have to stop, is because the leftist rioters were swarming innocent drivers and being violent and murderous. There were instances of people pulling guns, dragging people out of their cars and beating them, etc... Mainstream media didn't cover it, but people like Salty Cracker did. So, it is sort of a fake news talking point to say that it's okay to run somebody over. The law was to say 'you don't have to stop' (in a hazardous or violent situation). In other words if they block you from escaping and start attacking you may use your vehicle to defend yourself as you flee to safety and you wont be charged with manslaughter, murder, vehicular assault, etc..

The lady who was injured this time was on the sidewalk and was an innocent peaceful jab resister and a deranged, unhinged, and dangerous 'vaccine rapist' attempted to kill her with his car and ended up injuring her and fleeing from the scene. I'm still waiting for the mainstream news to make it a headline, but I think I'll be waiting a really long time, lol. If a OrangemanRad supporter or Q Truther hit somebody on the sidewalk, you better believe it is the ONLY thing you would be hearing about.

Hempy McNoodle

Hempy what were those those two Lil lights in your closet? Nice strat btw

Thanks! I've had that strat for a long time. I'm glad you asked (about the lights), They are Optic 1XLs. They're 100wt each and frankly, I don't know why anyone would grow with anything else! :)

https://opticledgrowlights.com/produ...100w-3500k-cob

The light they emit is beautiful and looks like mid-day sunshine! No need for any noisy fans or ventilation equipment. I love growing with these and the plants love them too!

They have a bunch of test grow videos on their website.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice! What kind is it?

I doubt that Trump smokes weed. But, I think he wants to free the weed.

Toxic Truffle= white Truffle x (A5haze bx x Snowman x Bio diesel)

It doesn't matter how efficient any LED light is. 100w is still 100w. Any good grower will yield more using more power. My THH would not look like she does using just 2 Optic 1XLs 100w. They dont have the power to penetrate. You should try a nice hybrid to test your lights. A sat is not the best genetics to do that. If you want to grow some killer hybrids ll send you some seeds.

Chi13

ICMag Donor

It doesn't matter how efficient any LED light is. 100w is still 100w. Any good grower will yield more using more power. My THH would not look like she does using just 2 Optic 1XLs 100w. They dont have the power to penetrate. You should try a nice hybrid to test your lights. A sat is not the best genetics to do that. If you want to grow some killer hybrids ll send you some seeds.
I can't answer for Hempy, but I don't think you get why people grow like this. The fact that he has purchased and grown a pure sativa tells me that he is likely doing this for the effect that AG will give him, not the yield. In the seed world you have to go out of your way to find these old varieties. It's far easier to purchase the latest multi multi hybrid, which I frankly find mostly bland compared to older varieties.

I have nothing against hybrids. I grow them myself, but the real magic in the highs come from older sativa genetics imo. You can easily supply yourself with enough personal smoke under a couple of hundred watts, which is what Hempy seems to have done. Personally, I would do it differently and use at least double the watts, but Hempy has done well with what he has got.

Hempy McNoodle

Okay, Thanks! :tiphat:

Hempy McNoodle

I can't answer for Hempy, but I don't think you get why people grow like this. The fact that he has purchased and grown a pure sativa tells me that he is likely doing this for the effect that AG will give him, not the yield. In the seed world you have to go out of your way to find these old varieties. It's far easier to purchase the latest multi multi hybrid, which I frankly find mostly bland compared to older varieties.

I have nothing against hybrids. I grow them myself, but the real magic in the highs come from older sativa genetics imo. You can easily supply yourself with enough personal smoke under a couple of hundred watts, which is what Hempy seems to have done. Personally, I would do it differently and use at least double the watts, but Hempy has done well with what he has got.

Fact Check: True (and, well said) :rasta:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I completely understand why some grow those genetics. I grow some. HYBRIDS WILL ALWAYS PRODUCE THE BEST WEED AVAILABLE. I find it funny there are still some that don't know everything is a hybrid. Pure WLD lines can't compete in quality. Those that disagree aren't old enough to know the difference or they just hate any narcotic effects. I think you are confused why I posted that. As I've said anything smokable at harvest is a success. What I posted had nothing to do with why he grows AG, it was about his LED. No clue what kind of hybrids you grow, but here everything I produce has terps to die for. Potency and flavor are important traits for top quality weed.

Low power LED's are not the best choice to grow dom Sativas/Hazes. His pictures show this. I understand many do the same for space reasons.

Last edited:

Hempy McNoodle

I completely understand why some grow those genetics. I grow some. HYBRIDS WILL ALWAYS PRODUCE THE BEST WEED AVAILABLE. I find it funny there are still some that don't know everything is a hybrid. Pure WLD lines can't compete in quality. Those that disagree aren't old enough to know the difference or they just hate any narcotic effects. I think you are confused why I posted that lol. Has nothing to do with why he grew AG, it was about his LED. No clue what kind of hybrids you grow, but here everything I produce has terps to die for.

Low power LED's are not the best choice to grow dom Sativas/Hazes. His pictures show this.

Well, in my defense, I grew the plants vertically oriented rather than horizontally. This was because I wanted to preserve the genetics, as this is a very rare variety these days. I had to try to sprout as many as I could and was unable to know how many I'd end up with as female 'keepers' and thus was unable to make a well planned growing strategy (pot size and quantity, how many branches etc). Just wait until I grow these next time and have them topped, supercropped or SCROGd. ...possibly with a third Optic 1XL! I can't think of a better light source for these light hungry plants.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I completely understand why some grow those genetics. I grow some. HYBRIDS WILL ALWAYS PRODUCE THE BEST WEED AVAILABLE. I find it funny there are still some that don't know everything is a hybrid. Pure WLD lines can't compete in quality. Those that disagree aren't old enough to know the difference or they just hate any narcotic effects. I think you are confused why I posted that lol. Has nothing to do with why he grew AG, it was about his LED.

LED are not the best choice to grow dom Sativas/Hazes. His pictures show this.
I'm not trying to start an argument but I have been smoking since 1977. I understand that you are a bit older, but I completely disagree that hybrids produce the best weed. In the last decade I have traveled to North America and SE Asia. I was excited about going into dispensaries and smoking the latest hybrids in Canada and US. What I found was good weed, but not what I was after. The sativa's were all hybrids. They were all nice but nothing outstanding. The few Indicas were fantastic, but not my sort of high. To contrast that with weed I smoked in Laos, I found the best high I've had since the early 80s in Laos. I realised what I'd been missing and have chased those varieties since. To someone who has had thai sticks, it was plainly obvious the Laos was not a hybrid. Indeed this was the closest to thai sticks I'd had in decades.

Hybrids have their place and that is the what the market is, but crossing multi hybrids over and over has led to less diverse pot, with blander highs than in the past. I have grown plenty of them but these days I would prefer a landrace Ethiopian at less than 10% THC over the latest 25% hybrid. Not everyone is after THC content, or visible trichomes. Personally I don't care about production, looks, smell, taste, or bag appeal; the high is all I care about.

LEDs are absolutely the best choice for sativa's. I switched a few years ago. Better penetration, and less stretch with LEDs.

Anyway wrong thread for this I guess. I just had to comment when I saw your post.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, in my defense, I grew the plants vertically oriented rather than horizontally. This was because I wanted to preserve the genetics, as this is a very rare variety these days. I had to try to sprout as many as I could and was unable to know how many I'd end up with as female 'keepers' and thus was unable to make a well planned growing strategy (pot size and quantity, how many branches etc). Just wait until I grow these next time and have them topped, supercropped or SCROGd. ...possibly with a third Optic 1XL! I can't think of a better light source for these light hungry plants.

Any quality LED will do the job. Today most LED's are extremely efficient. My fav LED'S are HLG. Using the right amount of wattage the better our flowers will fill in and not stretch as much. We all have favorites in what kind of lights, nutrients or other such things. Anyone that's been growing weed for most of their lives will grow well using anything.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not trying to start an argument but I have been smoking since 1977. I understand that you are a bit older, but I completely disagree that hybrids produce the best weed. In the last decade I have traveled to North America and SE Asia. I was excited about going into dispensaries and smoking the latest hybrids in Canada and US. What I found was good weed, but not what I was after. The sativa's were all hybrids. They were all nice but nothing outstanding. The few Indicas were fantastic, but not my sort of high. To contrast that with weed I smoked in Laos, I found the best high I've had since the early 80s in Laos. I realised what I'd been missing and have chased those varieties since. To someone who has had thai sticks, it was plainly obvious the Laos was not a hybrid. Indeed this was the closest to thai sticks I'd had in decades.

Hybrids have their place and that is the what the market is, but crossing multi hybrids over and over has led to less diverse pot, with blander highs than in the past. I have grown plenty of them but these days I would prefer a landrace Ethiopian at less than 10% THC over the latest 25% hybrid. Not everyone is after THC content, or visible trichomes. Personally I don't care about production, looks, smell, taste, or bag appeal; the high is all I care about.

Anyway wrong thread for this I guess. I just had to comment when I saw your post.

Your entitled to your opinion. To be honest you don't even know everything we grow are hybrids including Haze including AG. There are still some that just don't care. If all your hybrids are bland something ain't right there. If you think any Dispensary has the best weed you been fooled lol. You brought this up miss reading my 1st post. I'll just leave it that

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Your entitled to your opinion. To be honest you don't even know everything we grow are hybrids including Haze including AG. There are still some that just don't care. If all your hybrids are bland something ain't right there. , I'll just leave it that

Depends how you define a hybrid. Of course Haze is a hybrid. I think something grown in a region for several hundred years with little outside influence is not a hybrid, but is an heirloom or landrace. Do you think growers would choose a 20+ week flowering variety over an 8 week mutihybrid if they could provide a similar high? Enjoying your haze grow, but after reading this I have to wonder why you are growing it, if as you say, your NLD varieties are better and available in half the time with bigger yields? Everyone has different taste. I'll leave it here too.
:gday: