What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The garden of a primate ( and a hack )

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice man! Did those bills stretch on ya? Bubba looks really nice.

sx646522

couple shots from ufo land. At the moment I got 4 ea 90w LED's in my flower room. Not looking too shabby actually...

Hey 303,

Nice pics. Hope you're as satisfied with your new setup (come harvest time) as with the old one. So, you nixed the 500w in favor of 4 UFOs then? Which ones did you decide to go with, and why?

Right now, the only ones I'd even consider (if not DIYing) are the gudomeled EVOLED units. They're not cheap, but they are actually using high-bin CREEs et. al., unlike most of those that claim otherwise. The new units also largely solve the substantial thermal management (and other reliability) issues inherent in most chinese-made panels, and are perfect for SOG/SOP setups (the lenses are also removable if one wants to drop 'em down and use them for scrog/trellis setups.)

Which is probably why they're also a finalist in the 2011 European Product Awards being held on June 24th (tomorrow).

Currently, it's the only case I know of (in the 'Horticultural LED industry') where you actually 'get what you pay for'.

Cheers,

-SX

303hydro

senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia
Veteran
Hey 303,

Nice pics. Hope you're as satisfied with your new setup (come harvest time) as with the old one. So, you nixed the 500w in favor of 4 UFOs then? Which ones did you decide to go with, and why?

Right now, the only ones I'd even consider (if not DIYing) are the gudomeled EVOLED units. They're not cheap, but they are actually using high-bin CREEs et. al., unlike most of those that claim otherwise. The new units also largely solve the substantial thermal management (and other reliability) issues inherent in most chinese-made panels, and are perfect for SOG/SOP setups (the lenses are also removable if one wants to drop 'em down and use them for scrog/trellis setups.)

Which is probably why they're also a finalist in the 2011 European Product Awards being held on June 24th (tomorrow).

Currently, it's the only case I know of (in the 'Horticultural LED industry') where you actually 'get what you pay for'.

Cheers,

-SX

I am using the 90watters atm because I was able to get them for much cheaper and had to switch from HP in a crunch due to a flood in my basement. I will still be buying the 500w when i can come up with the cash, it is currently being tested at cornell university and has added white light which plants don't need but is required for antioxidants to be created.....

303hydro

Veteran
Random pics, some from late June- been slacking. Gonna get some 6500k going in the tent soon so that will make it easier... All Leds for a while now.

Bubba

picture.php

picture.php

Paki got Pregnant ( lol, she must of got pissed though -she later threw blanks )

picture.php

Another pregnant girl
picture.php

Some Dark Knight

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

303hydro

Veteran
and just a couple more....

Pregnant nastiness.
picture.php

Stud ( hopefully :D )

picture.php

and here's a couple randoms of the 4SD X Purple Joy / Dabney

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
2nd pic is more than just a stud! :tiphat:

Smokewize,... I'm not sold on the LED's Last run F'n SUCKED, had to finish under HPS and even then (3 weeks late) it's questionable.

The value of LED seems to be VERY strain sensitive.....
Everything I've got does well under HPS, but only a few will perform under LED, and even then it's for a loss of weight and only a minimal increase in potency.

Your light seems to have more red than mine, so hopefully you have better results, My light will CRUSH some peppers!!!! ,.... but MJ it's on the fence.

303hydro

Veteran
Nice man, whats the scoop on the paki?

Well about ten days after I hit her with the hillbilly haze x hindu kush man dust she decided to start throwing male flowers all over but it appeared that they either were infertile or I just plucked the plant before they developed any pollen. It was the pink pheno, I've heard of some of the pink ones doing that and I know that she definitely had some stress through her life. Even though I chopped her so early, I think I got a fair amount of seeds mature enough to grow and will still give here another shot.

P

Paco

Nice! paki's look good, giving me wood...
is that a buffalo bill male?
He's sure got a big dick.

303hydro

Veteran
No Paco its a boy from a pack of Hillbilly Haze X Hundu Kush at 12 DAYS of 12/12! Little fucker sperminating everything by day 16 including the Buffalo Bill . also hit "rymes with anus" and the cherry lime haze cut. I just wish I would of been using a better paki cut but can't say for sure she would've still hermed if I had been playing nicer. I am way excited though even though I win dipshit of the year award for not keeping the little dudes genes alive... got one little bag of pollen in the freezer that probably has 50% chance of being any good....

P

Paco

surly little fucker, twelve days and he's pitching a pretty big tent.
only one way to find out if he's any good.
swear, i'll pop by soon.

Latest posts

Latest posts