What's new

The Farmhouse

Hazed

Thanks Hazed! You are soooo right!!!! Now that iv'e had 45 beers tonight..and my cute little wifey is giving me the stink eye.... i dont know if i can do this project. It sounds good in theory. But the time, money and work involved is freakin huge! It's on the brain backburner for now.

For fuk sakes...... Can you imagine a life where you can spend your time experimenting with stuff like this?

Wasn't trying to talk ya out of it. I can only dream of a life where I could spend my time experimenting with this stuff.
Seems like you get a lot of pleasure from it, so yeah, don't let it become a burden! keep it fun!

Still looking forward to seein what ya have in mind:)
Take care...Hazed

Don't worry Hazed... my man..... Im just sailing away on a spaceship headed for nirvana land! If i get there i will give ya directions!

Until then.... it's like Tom Petty say's "Im freefalllin'.

D

DHF

Where the HELL did Hazed sneak in from....:biggrin:.....All ya`ll crack me up.......Buncha damn drunks and potheads.....

Bro........Didn`t mean ta come off as "Drop that cash" and buy them buckets.........but.......

Sounded like you were sourcing those particular containers and doin this.......then it`s.....

Bitin the bullet and settin em up ta pay fer their expensive ass with multiple runs......but.....there`s more than 1 way ta skin a cat , Cat.........

The biggest thing about settin up a Fast Hydro system like Heath ran on the floor and usin the bottom containers to spray the upper plants boils down to 1 thing.......

Constant dialed rootzone and rez solution temps......period......Once that`s covered , all things are possible with a hybrid setup as yas`re contemplating.....and hey......

I applaud the ADHD aspect of never bein satisfied and wantin more concept , but yas gotta dial whatchas got before movin on so you`ll know what ta watch for as yas grow and evolve as Heath and I did comin up thru the ranks..........

That fucker would post a different setup every couple weeks back in the day , and I`d pm his ass and say WTF ......and .....

He`d come back with "I`m bored and don`t sleep too much".......so.....as always.....

The setup would rock and yield like a mofo for my Insomniac Rube Goldberg UK buddy and folks took notice.......and then....

He hooked up , got hitched , had a couple young'uns , and we ain`t seen his ass round for a while cuz .........He`s busy doin the Fam thingy and still growin his ass off in more flip rooms than Hilton Hotels.......regardless.......

Moral to the story along with solution temp control in bottom containers as well as main rez is......"High Flow".......Highly oxygenated high flow ftw.........

Cut my teeth on Fast Hydro inside with Krusty buckets and SWC for a decade with dialed results and got sick of the maintenance with all the bells and whistles it took to feed the beast , but.....done right with attention to detail and a dialed environment without a shadow of a doubt......

Potential yields are unsurpassed......so.....FHC......Handle it on a small scale as Arm said and test the waters with the diff containers.......

I`ll be over here on my bucket waitin and watchin.........

Peace......Freds.......:ying:.....

I hear ya Fred. Like i was tellin Hazed... "it would be nice to be able to sit around and design, build and test different systems and ideas.. but in the real world who has time and money for all that. Its fun to think about new ideas, but to actually get it done is a whole new ball game.

I will get to eventually. I was trying to sketch it up on paint but it was ugly! I need Anti's computer skills! But yea, one chilled res feeding the whole system .

Hazed

Where the HELL did Hazed sneak in from....:biggrin:.....All ya`ll crack me up.......Buncha damn drunks and potheads.....

Im gonna be a nice guy and not let you know what I am really up to, till its flip time:sasmokin:!
Good to hear your input! If that bottom row works good then that's basically all I had planned for my own future grows.

6-8 bitches around 2, 1k bare bulbs with aero sprayin upper root mass and a fast recirculating pool in the bottom of the 5-7 gallon buckets.
If it works good, then multiply that by 10!

I hear ya Fred. Like i was tellin Hazed... "it would be nice to be able to sit around and design, build and test different systems and ideas.. but in the real world who has time and money for all that. Its fun to think about new ideas, but to actually get it done is a whole new ball game.

I will get to eventually. I was trying to sketch it up on paint but it was ugly! I need Anti's computer skills! But yea, one chilled res feeding the whole system .

Damned voice of reason has been following me around since childhood! Good to get ripped every now and then and do some crazy sht though!

I agree! Build the bank, then its play time! Now if a guy was going to be expanding anyway, then this system would make perfect sense right? ;)
Might be a hell of an upgrade just having the capability of moving sht around and tweaking the canopy.
I want to see this happen, but cant do it myself with freezing temps...

hempyftw

Woot!

Woot!

I love it when you find an awesome thread, read through it till your up to date, then forget about it.

Just re-found your thread a couple months later and I'm loving what I see man! Re-read from the beginning to make sure I didn't miss anything.

It's funny to see people poke fun and say you have some open spaces, what a joke!

Your killing it man. I expect big things out of you. Shit your already doing big things!

I'll be watching for sure!

Did you ever run aero with 24/7 misting times? Have the intervals helped drastically? Really dig the pump your using. I've been looking to upgrade from 600-800 gph pond pumps to something with a bit more pressure. My initial attempt to do that ended horribly! Heated a 35 gal rez up to 85 for 2 days before I noticed. I'm sure intervals would have stopped that from happening.

Funny you and others got me planning/dreaming to set up a vert aero in the other side of my basement, and I catch back up, and your starting a horizontal grow! I do dig sog's though, look very cool when you get a ton of uniform nugs swelling at the same height.

I personally don't think the cat food containers would be worth the hassle, but no one knows your grow like you do.

Hope you keep on killing it.

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
The Farmhouse

Poke fun? Really? Just making an observation from running this cut myself. I may be buzzed, but not really digging your tone. If its just me, disregard...

hempyftw

Looking pretty nice in there! I see a few holes in the upper canopy, and I had the same issue. I think topping her once would fix that...
You going 10 weeks or 11? Not sure how long your rez lasts.

Meh, I didn't mean anything against ya arm. Constructive criticism is usually good as long as it's received well.

It was already a couple pages back, didn't remember that your first statement was, looking "pretty nice". Still though, looks "pretty amazing" to me! - Also didn't realize it was your comment, not just someones ;)

You also say that you had a similar issue, so I guess your humble. You've also had some great thoughts, and critiques in here. I'm all about learning together man.

Just don't want what he's doing here to be understated. Many of people have tried vert hydro/aero and run back the other way. Some run away even after doing it horizontally, haha! I think that if he get's it dialed in with the proper cut, he can smash some efficiency records.

Rip this and pass, I have no ill intent arm.

picture.php

Im gonna be a nice guy and not let you know what I am really up to, till its flip time:sasmokin:!
Good to hear your input! If that bottom row works good then that's basically all I had planned for my own future grows.

6-8 bitches around 2, 1k bare bulbs with aero sprayin upper root mass and a fast recirculating pool in the bottom of the 5-7 gallon buckets.
If it works good, then multiply that by 10!

Damned voice of reason has been following me around since childhood! Good to get ripped every now and then and do some crazy sht though!

I agree! Build the bank, then its play time! Now if a guy was going to be expanding anyway, then this system would make perfect sense right? ;)
Might be a hell of an upgrade just having the capability of moving sht around and tweaking the canopy.
I want to see this happen, but cant do it myself with freezing temps...

It's still stirring around in my mind and the ideas keep changing.
Im gonna work on it slowly in an empty spare bedroom, maybe build just one wall a couple levels high and see how it works. I seem to always need to be tweaking on something. :biggrin:

I love it when you find an awesome thread, read through it till your up to date, then forget about it.

Just re-found your thread a couple months later and I'm loving what I see man! Re-read from the beginning to make sure I didn't miss anything.

It's funny to see people poke fun and say you have some open spaces, what a joke!

Your killing it man. I expect big things out of you. Shit your already doing big things!

I'll be watching for sure!

Did you ever run aero with 24/7 misting times? Have the intervals helped drastically? Really dig the pump your using. I've been looking to upgrade from 600-800 gph pond pumps to something with a bit more pressure. My initial attempt to do that ended horribly! Heated a 35 gal rez up to 85 for 2 days before I noticed. I'm sure intervals would have stopped that from happening.

Funny you and others got me planning/dreaming to set up a vert aero in the other side of my basement, and I catch back up, and your starting a horizontal grow! I do dig sog's though, look very cool when you get a ton of uniform nugs swelling at the same height.

I personally don't think the cat food containers would be worth the hassle, but no one knows your grow like you do.

Hope you keep on killing it.

Thanks for the kind words Hemp! Yea.. if you run 24/7 the pumps will def heat up the water. I run 1 on 5 off most times, but always have an interval. Except the first 24 hrs after taking fresh clones.

Glad ya saw that ARM didn't mean any harm. The guy doesn't have a mean bone in his body. He's been helping me dial this strain..as this is the first time for me runnin it. There are some holes on the top row, i was hoping the row beneath would stretch up there and fill it. But.. didnt quite work out this run. It's still gonna be a great harvest, and im thinking i may beat my personal best in this system. The buds are lookin soooo sweet, turning purple and pinkish! And just tons of um!

Its always a learning experience running new strains.

Peace!!!:ying:

hempyftw

For sure....

For sure....

Ya I've seen him have some very helpful posts around. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. Thought it was just someone taking a jab at ya, didn't really remember the whole comment when I posted. Or that it was by a helpful member and not a troll!

I don't recall seeing any root shots. How are the roots doing in those 5 gal containers? Is it enough room for them late flower for the mist to work around in the container? Or do they mostly get covered up by roots?

Have you ever battled root rot in the cloners? I've had some fun with that one! Running chlorine through the system has helped a bunch.

Thanks for your input on the pump intervals. In the not to distant future I want to upgrade my aero containers to something much larger, and a short cycle 30-60 psi mist. The tubes I use now basically turn my system into nft/dwc/UC.

Can't wait to see what ya pull down man. Always fun to break your personal bests.

No root rot yet in the cloners, but i have battled root rot before..not fun.

The roots never really cover the sprayer as the sprayer is high inside the bucket. By the end of flower the roots are running down the gutters and some grow all the way to the sump reservoir. When i pull the roots after harvest they are pretty big. but...they are not pretty. I use Liquid karma and it stains the shit out of them.

Iv'e got the HP itch too! And im gonna be converting my SOG grow to HP after a few runs.
I know you know to, that the consensus is that with HP you need the roots to hang freely unobstructed in a large container. But iv'e seen pics and videos of people growing with HP in smaller containers with roots lying on the bottom and getting huge pom pom massive root systems... moreso then what ive ever seen in LP systems. So im gonna test it out for myself.

I was checking out your grow. I used to grow in those fence posts back when i first started. They work great!

DSC_0356.jpg

Anyway..welcome to thread!

hempyftw

Nice pic!

Nice pic!

I know it might not meet some peoples standards to call your rig hp.

But I don't think it's fair to call it lp either. There should be something in-between, *I knight you mp, hehe* I could guarantee your getting a much better spray pattern with that pump, than I'm getting with small pond pumps. When I upgraded to a 1500 gph pump I saw a dramatic increase in small mist droplets, rather than the somewhat stream I get now.

I think the spray is being held in by my small tubes though, not enough space for it to float around, it just beads up everywhere. 5 gal buckets was my next thought, an some say they are too small, but clearly your rocking it! That's why I"m kind of curious how your roots develop. I know the feeling of healthy roots being stained by nutes!

There has to be some price point where getting a more powerful pump just won't benefit your root system enough to make it worth it. I was looking at the shurflo and flojet pumps for when I go hp, do they have a more powerful model at harbor freight? I might have to go check that out tomorrow.

Have you ever looked at different nozzles? I think your using the ez clone type red ones right? I think they suggest like a minimum of 15 psi for those or something. They make some "better" ones that are for 30psi. I forget where I was reading about them. They might be the digs. Might be a cheap upgrade for ya. I'll link them if I come across them.

Ya I'm not someone who likes to follow rules or standards. As long as the roots are hanging in the air and getting misted, I'm accomplishing what I want. Who cares if some of the roots sit on the bottom of the container. I have a bunch of concrete trays left over from ebb and flow tables I built. I thought about making tops for them to do aero in, like pirate, if you ever read his thread.

Those ladies looked beautiful! You surely have rocked the tubes before. Thanks for stopping by the GJ, it's been pretty slow over there! Just me and my ladies hanging out hehe.

Alright guys. Here we go. I know sometimes these rough drafts can seem childish newbish and elementary, but ya have to start somewhere. And i want to start a discussion and get some feedback on this before i spend a dime.

The Hybrid Undercurrent/Aero vertical system.

The containers are these (very expensive) petfood containers. Stackable, water tight tested, with angled screwable lids. The reservoir (epicinter) is just a standard low profile 40 gallon panda made by GH.

stack_zps392f3679.jpg

002-18_zps78c59976.jpg

Here is the rough draft of how this will be setup. Bottom containers are the undercurrent system. Top rows (how ever many high will allow) are aeroponic. All the top rows will be fed from the same reservoir (epicinter) as the undercurrent system below. The aero system will gravity drain from top to the bottom undercurrent. Each aero container above the bottom UC will have 2 misters.

uc_zps20274057.jpg

uc1_zps27efc314.jpg

I know this will be a huge project! And i may just do a smaller verison at first. But i wanted to get some imput.

Thanks for listening!
:ying:

Kit Kat

Holy, you're going to stack four of those high? That's impressive as hell. Do you anticipate any issues from cascading water across four sets of roots and then recirculating it?

papagallo

Alright guys. Here we go. I know sometimes these rough drafts can seem childish newbish and elementary, but ya have to start somewhere. And i want to start a discussion and get some feedback on this before i spend a dime.

The Hybrid Undercurrent/Aero vertical system.

The containers are these (very expensive) petfood containers. Stackable, water tight tested, with angled screwable lids. The reservoir (epicinter) is just a standard low profile 40 gallon panda made by GH.

View Image

View Image

Here is the rough draft of how this will be setup. Bottom containers are the undercurrent system. Top rows (how ever many high will allow) are aeroponic. All the top rows will be fed from the same reservoir (epicinter) as the undercurrent system below. The aero system will gravity drain from top to the bottom undercurrent. Each aero container above the bottom UC will have 2 misters.

View Image

View Image

I know this will be a huge project! And i may just do a smaller verison at first. But i wanted to get some imput.

Thanks for listening!
:ying:

I approve of the Vittles Vault dank-a-thon about to unfold!

hempyftw

Hmmmmm

Hmmmmm

I don't think there is any reason to say that it won't work.

*Are the containers light proof? May have to paint them*

The real question I have- Is it going to be worth it?

I would figure out exactly how many high I wanted to stack them, so I could compare how many plants I would be putting in. The more plants does equate to less veg, so you will save some time on the cycle there.

I would look at the new plant count, and see how much you think you would need to yield per plant, to offset the expenses of buying new containers and such. You'll want the total yield to go up obviously, even though the per plant weight may go down. Then you will have an idea of how long you will have to run the system to pay for the new containers.

This is assuming all that matters is the money. I know the feeling of wanting to improve/build something. Maybe you will be the next heath after you create this system? Maybe after building it, you will be able to sleep at night! That alone, may make it worth it ;)

Sometimes you just gotta do things, isn't always about the money!

Latest posts

Latest posts