What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Ebb Flow Show

pico

Veteran
2 weeks flower

12245IMG_2085.JPG

I will post some more pics soon

pico

Veteran
I forgot how much faster stuff grows in a properly running hydro system. They grew an inch a day or so recently. I will be doing my third and hopefully final trim of the underbrush tomorrow.

This pic is in the middle of lights off so they are droopy, but during lights on they are way perky. Very healthy plants and lucas formula with floralicious plus and hygrozyme is keeping me right around 2-2.6 EC and I don't adjust my pH.

PICO, do you have a picture of how high you fill up your hydroton in those 10" pots? I'm seeing some really nice root growth already. I added two big round airstones and a powerhead to my res.

G

guest5703

im amazed! how do you veg and flower so long in the same small pots? i just dont get it, GOOD JOB BRO!!!

B

Blunted22

Hey pico nice grow man. Im running a ebb and flo on a 4x8 table with a 100 gal rez. Im haveing dilemma's with my medium to. Im using 4" rock wool cubes and they are put on the table as soon as i see roots rooting through them. Ive been interested in the hydrotron for along time but never went to it because using pots seemed to mean less surface area or less plants. I guess it with what pots you can find.

I just hate rockwool cause it cost to much, isnt reusable, gets moldy, trapps nutes in it (more acceptible to nute burn) etc etc...

i guess what im trying to ask is whats your theory on smaller pots and more plants vs bigger pots and more veg time?

come to think of it i guess i dont have a question cause thats all opinion i guess im looking for someone to convince me to change mediums.

pico

Veteran
Good Googly God, I hope these bitches are done stretching. I am going to trim everything below the screen when the lights come on.

Day 20 flower

Note: The plants are droopy because they are in the middle of their night cycle. Plant health is stellar.

Last edited:

pico

Veteran
I will get to the replies another day. I came down with a nasty cold and can't think straight.

Any volunteers to come trim all my plants and put together a veg room? Yeah right.

pico

Veteran
Day 28

I kinda feel like the plants should be showing more buds right now, but I did wait a while to do the final trim. Did the final trim around day 26 and the buds have been getting fatter since then. I also noticed that when I did that trim, they plants didn't want as high of an EC as they previously did. They were getting up to 2.8 with no signs of burn, and now I dropped it down to 2.2 and they were getting mild tip burn. I still have not drained the res once during the flowering cycle. Just add water and nutes. Have not adjusted the pH once during this whole grow. In fact I broke my pH meter again and am not even checking it. I let the nutes do everything for me and it seems to be working alright. Hopefully bud formation kicks in to overdrive these next few weeks.

Blunted22- I have a bit of experience with rockwool and hated the shit. Hydroton is much easier to use and like you said is not as likely to get nute burn. It sounds like you are ready for the switch so get off your ass and do it :bat: :yoinks:

Caligreen- It is hydro so they roots have access to all the nutes they need at all times. You can use a bit smaller pot and get great results. Remember I also am using a coco mat and the roots have a lot of space to move around down there.

Spiralsmurf- Those are actually like 7 or 8" square pots, not 10". I have them about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way filled. Just filled an inch or two above the water level when flooded.

I got sick and didn't trim my plants until week 4 which is a bit late. I also didn't raise my lights for about 10 days and the plants were touching the glass of the reflectors when I finally did. There was minor burning on 2 stalks from touching the reflector, but all in all I was very impressed how well the aircooling worked and how much light these bitches could handle. CO2 and lots of airflow helps.

stretchpup

No volunteers here. :)

I do successfully use LK and Floralicious Plus in the same mix though. Might be a little redundant but a little of the plus goes a long way, no big deal.

Looks pimp bro.

G

Those plants are looking fantastic bro! How are those coco mats working out for ya? Would ya say the roots are happier with the matting in place?

pico

Veteran
coco mats do have roots growing underneath them. The root health has been mediocre lately. My room accidentally got up to 95 degrees for a few hours and I think that might have something to do with it.

I also trimmed the shit out of the plants around the same time peroid and I noticed they had some tip burn afterwards. As soon as I trimmed the plants didn't want as high of an EC. The EC had been getting up to 2.8 ocassionally before the trim with no burn. After trim they were burning around 2.2 to 2.4. I lowered to EC 2 and we will see if the tip burn stops. Besides the little bit of tip burn everything looks great. Still have never changed the reservoir. Just topped up. Have not checked pH in 3 weeks.

Come to think of it, I wonder if some of the roots died off when I trimmed the plants.

I topped up with some more hygrozyme so hopefully that will clean the place up.

Xtrakritical

Hi Pico,
I hope your feeling better!
Bro your grow looks amazing!!!
How do u like the coco mats? I'm about to setup a couple of e&f tables and was wondering about those...
on my last run the roots that came out the pots and on to the table would look weird sometimes between floods...
I was considering placing the rocks directly into the table, with rooted cuts directly into the rocks with no pots, but they'll prolly shift around too much during flooding...

anyway, keep up the good work!

Xtra

pico

Veteran
i was thinking of filling a whole tray with hydroton as well. Then covering with black/white poly and cutting slits for the plants. Seems like it would keep some of that evaporation down. Maybe next time. This time things are looking pretty good but we will see if everything fills in.

Thanks, I am feeling better. Now I need to get back to work :)

pico

Veteran
Day 33

12245IMG_2642.JPG

12245IMG_2628.JPG

I am thinking that next time I won't be using the coco mat and hydroton combo. The mat stays very wet all the time and the hydroton dries out much quicker. but everything does look just fine so I really can't complain.

pico

Veteran
I would just like to point out once again that this RESERVOIR HAS NOT BEEN CHANGED!!! and the pH HAS NEVER BEEN ADJUSTED!!!

I think this is pretty sweet because I am a lazy bastard and would hate to have to drain and refill and add more nutes. Geez, that could take almost a half hour of my precious time each and every week :) Or on an enviornmental note, we aren't dumping chems in the ground every week. Or from a financial standpoint, we are saving money by using less nutrients and additives and less water.