What's new

The Diesel Project

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Crazy scroggin'

Crazy scroggin'

Those are gonna be monsters!! I seem to have mostly wide leaf as well,almost 3 weeks into flower now. I made the screen for my faux Earthbox.As you can see,this haze got a little nutty. The treiiisels are in a big basin,I just bottom water,the plants drink up 3-4 gallons overnight.

Attachments

• Treiisel 006.jpg
    Treiisel 006.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 16

oregon_guy

Thanks guys for the kind remarks. Nothing really new going on. They are all in the stretching phase right now and there is not much to show. The first WD and SL that went in are just strarting to form buds. The 3 thinner leaf triesel's have almost stretched to the limit of my tent. Will have to do some work to them this next weekend like finding some longer stakes and will probably have to tie them down a little bit when all is said and done. The 2 wider leaf triesels are manageable and I should be fine with them.

I will post some more pics in a few days. They are kind of in that boring stage right now.

:joint:

guineapig

Veteran
Beautiful veg pics......:abduct:

those plants are sure happy about something......perhaps a pure, clean water supply? or maybe they are hearing good music?

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

Wow! That's a happy, healthy harem you have there oregon_guy!!

:respect:

This is with only 8 CFL's? Can we have some more details on your setup?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey OG,mine stretched for about 3 weeks,almost done with week 4,they are setting bud hard now.got to be about 2 to 3 times bigger,(hard to tell in scrog).

oregon_guy

guineapig,
Thanks for stopping by. It's great when a mod takes time to give kind remarks :respect:.

itsmysubaru,
Thanks for stopping by bro. Yeah the 8 cfl's is the only lighting source in my veg tent, and a couple of small fans for ventilation. The cfl's work great up until they get 12 inches or so tall then the bottom of the plants seems to loose a lot of lumens IMO. I plan on upgrading to some T5's soon and see if that will improve. I use straight tap water plus I have been using a 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of this stuff:

picture.php

It is supposed to guard against hard water, chlorine and improper electromagnetic fields whatever that is lol. Now I don't know if it really does all this or if it is just a water softner or what as their is no ingredients listed on the bottle. I have been using it for over a year now and my plants do seem to love it. At only 6 bucks a bottle I have just continued to use it.

unclefishstick,
How's it going bro? Yeah a couple of my triesel's have stretched to the limits of the tent. I should be able to determine the m/f by this weeked, actually I did notice one of the tall ones was showing female. I will probably discard any tall males I have if I can get a male out of one of the wider leaf phenos.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had to ditch my wide leafed male,moving the show in 6 months,gotta start planing now.So far there's no way to choose between the 3 girls,2 wide 1 stretcher,have 2 cuts of each of the girls,they are going to be monsters by the time the originals finish.

oregon_guy

Oregonic,
Thanks for stopping by bro. Nice to see so many of us Oregonians here on IC. Stick around and we will see how these turn out.

unclefishstick,
Man, sorry to hear you had to dump that male. Wish I could have taken it off of your hands. It's nice that you only have 1 stretcher, I have 3 of them lol. I think they have pretty much stopped the stretch by now which is a good thing because they are at the limits of the tent. If they stay at where they are now, I may not have to tie down.

oregon_guy

Well the pollen chucking part of this thread is over. I confirmed that all 5 of the triesel's are females :mad:. Now I know I should be elated that they are all girls but I was really wanting to make some seeds using the different crosses. This reminds me of something I read before at a couple of different sites. I have read that if you start seeds and allow atleast 2 inches for the tap root to grow down that you will have more girls. I think that there might be some merit to this theory as the last 17 of 21 (I think) seeds I have started in beer cups with 2+ inches of room have ended up female. Has anyone else ever read about that theory?

3 of the 5 triesel's are stretchers and are at about 5 feet tall. The 2 wider leaf phenos are about 4 feet. I am thinking that the best way of growing these is to use some kind of lst/topping/fim. I prefer to grow straight up but that's just me. I know alot of peeps like using those methods. I think they are through with the stretch and if they stay as is, I might not have to do any tying down.

Not much interesting to post pic wise. The Triesels are just starting to show pistils, The WD's have stretched to about 5 feet as well and are starting to form buds. The Southern Lights are looking like they are ready to explode now. Here are some random pics of the SL, one of them is at 3 weeks and the other at about 4:

I

idoreallytry

let the fun begin bro,,,can't wait,,, stinks you couldn't get you a male,,,peace

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
man it really sucks i had to can my boy,he was one of the non stretchers,at least I have 5 more beans and at least two moms,wish I knew someone else here,those treiiisels take over the veg area quick!!

oregon_guy

man it really sucks i had to can my boy,he was one of the non stretchers,at least I have 5 more beans and at least two moms,wish I knew someone else here,those treiiisels take over the veg area quick!!

You go that right uncle, my veg tent is crazy right now. I will probably take some cuts to the local clinic this weekend. I thought my Triesels in flower were through with the stretch but nooooo. The 3 stretchers have reached same level of my light, I had to put them along the wall of the tent. They are not getting good light there so I will hit up H Depot this weeked and find some longer stakes to use and bend down the tops of the plants. I had to do the same thing to a wonder diesel once and it seemed to make the top buds swell like crazy.

First WD pheno at day 72:

picture.php

Hey Ido, hows it going bro? sounds like the both of us will have fun transplanting soon lol.

I

idoreallytry

looking good witht the ole bend game,,,
hell yeah,,,i had to transplant nine the other night and ten tomorrow night i have my gangsta hazes suffering in beer cups,,,peace

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sweet WD! I sometimes string up a 64w cfl I got at home depot to fill in for those taller gals,box sez 10000 lumens(taken with grain of salt).Transplanting is real fun when you don't own a car and go through a least 100lbs of mix a month.

oregon_guy

Transplanting is real fun when you don't own a car and go through a least 100lbs of mix a month.

Oh crap uncle, How do you manage to get all that soil? I have been using this Proven Winners Sunshine soilless mix I can pick up at a local F Meyers store. I like this stuff, it is not fortified except with a little N, I can add the nutes pretty much from the get go. I might try adding a little more perlite in the mix soon to add with drainage.

feltonmuggs

feltonmuggs,
Thanks, are you running the WD?

oregon_guy yes I am running WD and after see your pic of the pheno nominated for POTM I have to say I am impressed and excited! :woohoo:
My male has just been placed into flower and should be chukkin up soon.
I have 2 more about a month behind that are maybe 2 weeks from possible pre-flower. Am deff IBL but also crossing the WD male with Soma's Lavender, NL #5, Blue Dynamite, and Island Sweet Skunk. All very very hearty strains IMO. Maybe I can fit a banana kush in there too but it's getting tight.

Good vibes, FM

oregon_guy

feltonmuggs,
Thanks for the head up on the potm. I didn't even know about it until I read your post. While I do think that my pic does look pretty good, I am not sure that it stacks up there with the other execellent entries. I do feel its an honor though to be mentioned up there with some of the other more experienced growers.

Yea bro, you are gonna love that WD. I rate is as the one of the top 2 strains I have grown out from seed since joining IC. The taste and aroma is wonderful. The other top 2 is a Southern lights that I harvested about a month ago. The effect on the SL is amazing.

Here is a quick pic update for tonight.

The Southern Lights at around 30 days:

The Wonder Diesels are starting to put out a little bit now at around 35 days:

The Triesel's are still not much to look at yet. I will probably start posting some pics this next weekend. The 3 stretchers I had to bend over last night, its a real mess inside the flower tent right now. I am thinking I will gift out 2 of the 3 to a grower close by me. I still would be able to keep tabs on them plus I have cuttings from each plant.

I

idoreallytry

very nice man i know you are going to be glad you kept the clones of yor SL and WD,,,peace

Latest posts

Latest posts