What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The DEFINITIVE OG Kush History

Tynehead Tom

Thanks! It was my first lightdep round at 50. lat. It turned out much better than I hoped.

p.s. All I grow is for my personal use. I am not a commercial grower.

Looks like straight killer man.
I am at 52N and also light dep all my plants.
Here's a beauty from my garden from a few weeks back. She's in the jars now :dance013:

picture.php

picture.php

who says there's no fire in the north :moon:

JetLife175

Veteran
I thought there are two Headband cuts. One of them is Loompa cut which is rename OG Kush or S1 and east cost cut which is OG x SourD. Or am I wrong?

Anyway here is indoor True OG and Pure Kush

OG
View Image

View Image

PK
View Image

View Image

The 707 headband is believed to be a sour x OG cross.

The east coast brooklyn/staten headband is from the same genepool as the Sour D. I almost want to say that the original diesel aka daywrecker is also known as headband but that whole original diesel having many names always confuses me.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

The east coast brooklyn/staten headband is from the same genepool as the Sour D. I almost want to say that the original diesel aka daywrecker is also known as headband but that whole original diesel having many names always confuses me.
Imo headband is 707 headband, its a sour og and thats what ive always heard/been told since i used to see flowers in 2005-2008 mainly then i got a clone in 2010 and saw for myself. Veg is like a sour/og, lanky, and it reaks of both.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran

And about that sour D ... is that what I was fortunately growing And heavily sought after in Central new York 2005 through 2008 ? that is the kind that I know , It was unmistakable once you smelled it, saw it, smoked it , and grew it was sour diesel that everybody knew ...:yummy:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
that brooklyn/staten island cut is the SHIT... espec if its grown at the fresh kills garbage dump.... the methane add's to the funky-ness...

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And about that sour D ... is that what I was fortunately growing And heavily sought after in Central new York 2005 through 2008 ? that is the kind that I know , It was unmistakable once you smelled it, saw it, smoked it , and grew it was sour diesel that everybody knew ...:yummy:

I know and love original sour. From that area. I used to puff that sour exclusively if i could. So much flavor and just terrific smoke. Up until recently, all the sours ive seen in the past like 5-10 years have been trash. They either smell the part with no flavor or have no smell either and just look like sours. I was starting to think that flavor somehow was just disappearing. Then i got some of karmas bx2 and i have two phenos that are near spot on and have flavor! They literally taste and look and smell the part!

Mightyka

Veteran
Looks great

Are those two similar to each other? True OG and PK
Thank you! Yeah really similar. It is the OG type of PK not the broad leaves one. The structure is almost the same, they yield almost the same, they stretch almost the same. The difference is in the smell/taste and high. The basic smell is about 70% the same - OG Kush. True OG is more piney and gas. PK is more on the lime side. PK is pretty potent but if you smoke just a little it gives the 60% ganja and 40% cocaine high.

Anyway both are really nice cuts.

mack 10

Veteran
I thought there are two Headband cuts. One of them is Loompa Hadband aka Uderdawg OG which is rename OG Kush or S1 and east cost cut which is OG x SourD. Or am I wrong?

Anyway here is indoor True OG and Pure Kush

OG
View Image

View Image

PK
View Image

View Image

You are correct.
There are 2.
This info is from the guy that passed the OG to the east coast, he justed asked them not to call it OG.
So Walla, Headband.

And that True OG and Pure OG looking dankster!
Nice work Mighty

Latest posts

Latest posts