What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The DEFINITIVE OG Kush History

JetLife175

Veteran
Funny you mention this as I was just smelling this jar of Alien Cookies and trying to remember what it reminded me of. First I thought Bubba Kush, then remembered the old LA Confidential that they used to run in the Valley. LA Confidential had that LA Affie in it that gave off the smell I was thinking of.

Yeah that LA con cut you’re talking about was really heavy on the la affie side. Grew tighter nugs and vegged better too.

And storm shadow, the SCMK is definitely one of the best kushes one could smoke if it’s dialed. That’s completely true. I wouldn’t put it over OG, but it rates EXTREMELY High on the list.

Robney

I’ll be doing this run in rockwool with what I mentioned in the first post about the recipe. I gotta get everything written down when I do this run so I can make a chart for everyone’s reference.

I was speaking to a very informed member here on the boards about it and he mentioned rockwool being a prime medium.

I haven’t really done a full rockwool/table situation in ages and I’m making some adjustments to accommodate a drip and drain to waste system. Has anyone used those floraflex drippers/diffusers? Do they work as intended?

JetLife, thank you for posting so much info about OG. We're pretty lucky here to have you cut through the mystery surrounding OG. And it's funny, I've had that swerve chart saved for a while, just hadn't gotten around to trying it, but now I'll have to give it some higher priority.

If I remember correctly, that dude Scott at Rare Dankness was using the floraflex stuff at the House of Dankness warehouse. There might be some good info on his instagram, and I know he runs OG stuff too so it might be worth seeing what he says about it.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes,,, i have setup 3 friends with the green flex system,,, it's oldschool and perfect for big rockwool cubes,, i have 1 friend locally who's just started growing and he says he's never going to change

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Saw on Shark Tank an entrepreneur with a cookie dough business. Her her flagship flavor was named "O.G."
Everybody's trying to cash in.

Booyah!

So I've read from SkunkVa's seeds that Puck or Skelly HP is rumored to have mixed with DogBud to create Chem 91. He wasn't sure himself, but the fact that he was considering it and the fact that he has also grown the Skelly makes me think there may be something to the story. At least the timeline fits.

That got me thinking that perhaps Skelly HP might be related to OG/TK as well but with a different strain that it hybridized with to create them. I went to check with Phylos and they never got ahold of a Skelly or Puck...either that or they are hiding the info. So does anyone have any firsthand experience with Puck wanna chime in.

Booyah!

Can anyone tell me which cut the "80s OG" is from Stanky Dank Genetics is? This is by far the earliest claim of having held an OG cut yet. He said he bred the OG and the LA Affie both in 78 (Should be 70s OG I'd think). Anyways they are selling the cut for 200 bucks a clone in LA. Just got me wondering what it is.

Robney

Hey Jetlife, where does TK (Triangle Kush if I understand correctly) come into play with this? I've heard that some consider it one of the original og cuts.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^,, I second that,, a few really good friends say its the best they have ever seen,, but to that I say,, i wonder what you haven't seen?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

Let's add a new chapter to that definitive history. Just some more #bagseed. Let's find something Joe would be proud of. :respect:
In 2020 vote Kush!!! :woohoo:

Speechless. Much love brother! :joint:

dank.Frank

Last edited:
M

_mr.hendrix__

those BTY s1 seeds sure will be awesome! :tiphat:

TK is just sister plant to OG, OG has the gas and pine ,, tk is more lime and dirt.

in a nutshell.. most folks thought legend or TK was the mother of all the other OG's, but that was false, now its known that OG and TK and The White are sister plants and closely related to bubbakush... however only the OG made it to Cali via Josh D... and the rest is the og kush story :ying:

Happy Times

TK is just sister plant to OG, OG has the gas and pine ,, tk is more lime and dirt.

in a nutshell.. most folks thought legend or TK was the mother of all the other OG's, but that was false, now its known that OG and TK and The White are sister plants and closely related to bubbakush... however only the OG made it to Cali via Josh D... and the rest is the og kush story :ying:

Never knew the White was related, interesting

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Lime sound gooooood!

Bty s1,, epic

Robney

Thanks for the info mr.hendrix

Does the TK have similar effects to OG? Do you like one more than the other?

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
Once you’ve seen the original with it’s unique traits you will know it and you won’t forget it!!
One day the truth will emerge,till then the hype train goes on and on..