duhhhhhhhh

archive is home yo

get 06-7-1980 folsom feild

Boulder Co
you will dig it

FallenBuddha

Chat Mod
Veteran
To me there is nothing in the world more soulful than Pigpen singing "it hurts me too", nothing happier than Bobby singing "women smarter" tender than Brent singing "i will take you home" more comforting than Phil singing "box of rain" or more beautiful than Jerry singing "stella blue" and nothing WORSE than Donna jean singing anything. But hey thats just my opinion.

peace -fb

VictoryGardener

holy hell
I don't like Phil and Friends... I may be a Deadhead, but I must admit- they are hard to listen to.

Ratdog, on the other hand, always sounds great. Bob sounds like he did 30 years ago.

I must also admit- I have always liked the Grateful Dead and the Allman Brothers etc without the influence of reefer.

If you need drugs for a band to sound great to you, then you are listening to the wrong band.

I love marijuana. But I love the Grateful Dead WITHOUT marijuana even better.

Although many will disagree, I like them better sober.... you don't miss anything by listening to them without tripping balls.

Last edited:
B

Bubble Puppy

After seeing the Dead a bunch of times .Of the current Dead related bands ,i gotta say Phil and Friends is my favorite .Phil is such fun musician ,and all his gigs are always geared towards everyone attending to "have fun" ..I have only seen them a handful of times ,but i have never seen a sleeper show.

Where alot of the songs are ultra slow ,or where it gets boring at times.If you have ever seen Ratdog,and then compare Ratdog show to Phil show,there's no comparison.Im sure alot heads would agree,although there is times where Ratdog will pull out a really groovin show .Where as with Phil ,it seems to be everytime.

The dude has gotta be close to 70 yrs old or 60 sumptin.

B

Bubble Puppy

My first show was summer of 1987 "Wave that Flag Tour" at the Phila Spectrum .Dylan was playing with them, on that jaunt

D

dankbudz

phil is the heart of the GD now. seen him in SF at the warfield in may. cant really stand bobby sometimes. like a few years ago when he tried to have all the GD sbd's pulled from the archive.org

pseudostelariae

dankbudz said:
phil is the heart of the GD now. seen him in SF at the warfield in may. cant really stand bobby sometimes. like a few years ago when he tried to have all the GD sbd's pulled from the archive.org

say whaat? why would he do that? i thought it was the coolest thing ever when i found all the grateful dead on archive.org

clorox

Smokin on that serious...
allright fellow heads

STATE COLLEGE ROLL CALL

WHOS GOT THEIR TICKETS!?!?!

i got mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pseudostelariae

clorox said:
allright fellow heads

STATE COLLEGE ROLL CALL

WHOS GOT THEIR TICKETS!?!?!

i got mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude i am so upset. i ran to ticketmaster and was like holy shit! there are tickets left! got through the validation and stuff and then all of a sudden it tells me SOLD OUT SORRY.

i can't believe i just heard about this today...the one week i don't check phil & friends the most epic show is announced...makes perfect sense lol.

i think i'm going to head on out anyway and see about a miracle...if not i bet i will have a good night in the lot.

clorox

if you decide to head over for the lot party let us know so we can all meet up and have a sess

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
I know nothing....I know nothing! Coming Colonel!!!

I know nothing....I know nothing! Coming Colonel!!!

clorox said:
if you decide to head over for the lot party let us know so we can all meet up and have a sess

OMG! People talking about getting together in real life!!!! Shame, shame...nobody knows your name...LOL. Just kidding....watch out for the "potlice".

shocked%20nazi.JPG

psilopod

Up until last summer I thought the best thing going around Dead wise was Darkstar Orchestra, but then I saw Phil and friends with Warren Haynes and Jon Scofield, it blew me away and left me wanting more. I'm not positive but I believe that was mountain jam.

clorox

mountain jam was the only festival phil & friends played on the east coast in summer 07...

and it was an amazing show!

Maddlights

Come folks only 2 hour left.

They are playing excellent early shows right now check it out their clear stream on your computer.

http://kboo.fm/

they often play from their own personal collection of shows so many one of a kind gems!