What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Compound...

swapmeet

T this point I think you have done more seeds than me.

Haha maybe... I started back in CA before it was legal, then just before it became legal I moved to NC, where it was highly illegal, then TN, worse than NC, then spent the last 8-10 years back home in So Cal picking clones of whatever pheno of whatever strain I wanted...lol...now where I am legalized MMJ recently, but there has been no buildup of clone stock, or even good genetics.... So it is back to seeds lol after a long absence of being spoiled... I am really looking forward to good mothers and just the periodic seeds...but hey, perhaps clone sales are in my future..... ;)

DunHav`nFun

I say buy a license and set up a brick and mortar store front with everything available the public wants.....Vertical integration.....seed to weed....but then I`m a greedy old bastard.....now...helmets.....leave the babies alone at least a couple days till you can`t stand it no more , then play with the tweezers.....and you still might pop some heads off.....it`s just part of it...…

Peace....DHF.....:ying: ……..

fruitLoopie

Another Old Schooler here....have littered this forum and a few others over the yrs with the occasional post...under various and long forgotten user names. Fred would recognize some I'm sure...

Hi :)

You guys are making my inner DIY Engineer twitch...inspiring me to maybe hang out for a bit this wintery season.

I share the same view as Fred and others...many ways to get'er done. But after 20+ yrs at it...K.I.S.S gains increasing value as time passes.

Fred wishes he were an artist, to help with the visuals and save you some doodling time there Swapmeet....I'm also no artist but could scribble 2d lines together ok if you'd like another perspective....to water those racks easy peasy :)

Earlmarne

How long do you wait before helping them? Do you just drop them in a cup of water to germ? Or do you use the ole' paper towel trick? At least you've got good cloning success now ;)
I drop em in plan water for 24 hrs then plant.
I give em a day above ground before I intervene

swapmeet

Another Old Schooler here....have littered this forum and a few others over the yrs with the occasional post...under various and long forgotten user names. Fred would recognize some I'm sure...

Hi :)

You guys are making my inner DIY Engineer twitch...inspiring me to maybe hang out for a bit this wintery season.

I share the same view as Fred and others...many ways to get'er done. But after 20+ yrs at it...K.I.S.S gains increasing value as time passes.

Fred wishes he were an artist, to help with the visuals and save you some doodling time there Swapmeet....I'm also no artist but could scribble 2d lines together ok if you'd like another perspective....to water those racks easy peasy :)

Hey bro, welcome. All input and ideas are welcome here. This is a place of learning... one of the best ways to do that is by sharing ideas and experience. Freds has been gracious enough to share his ideas and experience here for years, and is helping me immensely. He is always saying that there are many ways to skin a mule... So please, feel free to add to the conversation.

As with Freds, Icky, and the rest, I appreciate every idea, experience, and opinion... I'll put some to practice in some way, shape, or form, and others I won't... But I value them all....as do the many silent lurkers of the thread. Even if I do not use a particular suggestion, it could change the life of another grower reading... So bring it on! And welcome aboard....that goes for any other lurkers out there ;)

swapmeet

I say buy a license and set up a brick and mortar store front with everything available the public wants.....Vertical integration.....seed to weed....but then I`m a greedy old bastard.....now...helmets.....leave the babies alone at least a couple days till you can`t stand it no more , then play with the tweezers.....and you still might pop some heads off.....it`s just part of it...…

Peace....DHF.....:ying: ……..

That is the exact plan my friend... That is where the super high money is...retail. I have also found a huge demand in a large area for top shelf medicine....So I have been kicking around the idea of starting with one location, then opening more branches as the profit from the first one provides for, or better yet, opening the first brick and mortar until the profit is enough to buy a small piece of commercial land to build/buy a little strip mall (real estate is super cheap here, plus there are a shit ton of foreclosures, and banks lend on foreclosures here, though you can buy them at auction as well), and putting another location within that strip mall... perhaps as things get rolling further, perhaps putting a fast food franchise I own in there as well...time will tell.

Or perhaps I start out wholesaling to other collectives until the strip mall... :thinking: Who knows? :dunno: No matter what, it will be real estate and business investment powered by weed lol

I am an investor by trade and came out here to invest in real estate first and foremost. It wasn't until I was already here that they legalized MMJ. Since I have owned/run/grown all the inventory of my So Cal collective, and was going to be growing for myself anyway... opportunity just kind of knocked, and I am answering the door.

fruitLoopie

Thx...and Oh indeed, DHF has been in Vert threads forever....droppin' nugs.

Will get back to ya on a simplified watering manifold/lines for your levels. I've been running flat watering systems from day one but also dabbled with a 4level Stadium for a few rounds...also set up with a simple pump/lines/valves.

BTW Fellas...SM90 is just now becoming available, relabeled.
Time will tell if it's been changed(less effective)
Old bottle said 1:5 for foliaring for example...now it says 1:50-100

picture.php

picture.php

swapmeet

Thx...and Oh indeed, DHF has been in Vert threads forever....droppin' nugs.

Will get back to ya on a simplified watering manifold/lines for your levels. I've been running flat watering systems from day one but also dabbled with a 4level Stadium for a few rounds...also set up with a simple pump/lines/valves.

BTW Fellas...SM90 is just now becoming available, relabeled.
Time will tell if it's been changed(less effective)
Old bottle said 1:5 for foliaring for example...now it says 1:50-100

View Image
View Image

Very interesting.... It seems like they may have diluted it a bit there, huh? How does the label compare with the SM-90 label? I have never seen the stuff...

swapmeet

Next wave...

Next wave...

I have been trying to leave them alone and only messing with the ones that seemed to be being strangled or harmed ie cotys held closed by the skin...etc. It seems to be going pretty well so far. As for all the seeds that did not have a tap root still...I just planted them all and I will consider any that sprout to be bonus... here are the pictures:

West Side Sprouts:

East Side Sprouts:

swapmeet

I can't find it now, but I thought I remembered you saying that to root cuts in an aero cloner situation, you wanted low PH....like 5.5, and low light to promote rooting...Did you say that somewhere Freds?

DunHav`nFun

I only want chicks that put out. Ones that have used and abused by others and show what they can do .
Errrbody can`t be members of the cool kid`s club Ickster……:moon:……and I assure yas that where Swap is would be damn near a miracle ta get clone shippers in , but I`ve been wrong before....anything`s possible I suppose with proper planning.....now....cloners and lower ph.....first off....

Never ran 1 in my life , but was taught loooong ago by a Krazy ass Kanadian Klown to use lower ph`ed mild nutrient solution to root cuts in perlite/vermiculite mix in red solo cups....said he worked in the Greenhouse industry up there at 1 time , and hey.....when you see somebody growin leg sized top colas with 3 lb plants , you tend to listen.....closely....but we were growin with straight R/O and GH 3 part runnin fast hydro SWC and a totally different animal altogether.....shovin ppm`s unheard of up the plants asses and flushin every 48-72 hrs , then rinse and repeat.... and.....

When I started usin coco and clear cups , I moved to 1/2 R/O and 1/2 tapwater for the extra calcium I knew was in my municipal water supply , kept the juice ph`ed @ 6 and it worked fine.....so.....with cloners ?.....stay lower with R/O as in mid 5`s and lil higher like we talked about , and as long as your rez temps don't go sideways , roots should blast forth accordingly.....and lastly.....

SM-90 back ?.....Super Moist ?....at a greatly reduced concentration ?....Leave it to the buyout corporate whores to change and dilute the original formula for exponential profit margins.....Nutrilife ain`t Nutrilife anymore.....Good find Old Schooler.....gotta run dawg and piss off cows.....

Later.....DHF... ..

-

swapmeet

Errrbody can`t be members of the cool kid`s club Ickster……:moon:……and I assure yas that where Swap is would be damn near a miracle ta get clone shippers in , but I`ve been wrong before....anything`s possible I suppose with proper planning.....now....cloners and lower ph.....first off....

Never ran 1 in my life , but was taught loooong ago by a Krazy ass Kanadian Klown to use lower ph`ed mild nutrient solution to root cuts in perlite/vermiculite mix in red solo cups....said he worked in the Greenhouse industry up there at 1 time , and hey.....when you see somebody growin leg sized top colas with 3 lb plants , you tend to listen.....closely....but we were growin with straight R/O and GH 3 part runnin fast hydro SWC and a totally different animal altogether.....shovin ppm`s unheard of up the plants asses and flushin every 48-72 hrs , then rinse and repeat.... and.....

When I started usin coco and clear cups , I moved to 1/2 R/O and 1/2 tapwater for the extra calcium I knew was in my municipal water supply , kept the juice ph`ed @ 6 and it worked fine.....so.....with cloners ?.....stay lower with R/O as in mid 5`s and lil higher like we talked about , and as long as your rez temps don't go sideways , roots should blast forth accordingly.....and lastly.....

SM-90 back ?.....Super Moist ?....at a greatly reduced concentration ?....Leave it to the buyout corporate whores to change and dilute the original formula for exponential profit margins.....Nutrilife ain`t Nutrilife anymore.....Good find Old Schooler.....gotta run dawg and piss off cows.....

Later.....DHF... ..

-

Thanks. I know that I am going to need so many clones that I will have them everywhere.....cups and cloners will both be utilized....If I can root them right into the cups, that would be ideal because it is the most efficient way...so we will see what works when I get my coco sorted out. Good clones is going to be a key factor in the success of this system... believe it.

DunHav`nFun

Root in cloners.....stick em in clear coco cups and let em grow some legs and start building foliage.....transplant to final containers and let em set roots again.....pull the trigger and flip as many same sized growth structure , same rootmass sized plantlets and start the ball rollin.....rinse and repeat.....

Handle it.....DHF.....:ying: …...

swapmeet

Root in cloners.....stick em in clear coco cups and let em grow some legs and start building foliage.....transplant to final containers and let em set roots again.....pull the trigger and flip as many same sized growth structure , same rootmass sized plantlets and start the ball rollin.....rinse and repeat.....

Handle it.....DHF.....:ying: …...

You rooted straight into the clear cups right? How did that compare to say 10 days in an aero cloner? I would need three more cloners to get the clones needed for one quad...But... If I go straight into my 20 oz clear cups to clone, then once they are heavily rooted, into the bags, let them expand their feet, then flip...well....one less link in the chain.... just scuff the stem, dip them in hormex or dip n grow, and into coco... hand water eod for 5 days, every day for 5 days, transplant and let them set into their new homes for 4 days, and flip...2 weeks per cycle... What do you think about that?

fruitLoopie

No no...sorry for any confusion.

Original SM90, for foliar, was 1part SM90 to 5parts water...Super Moist is 1part S.Moist to 50water
Instead of ~165ml to make 1ltr of solution...now only 20ml. It is noticeably thicker....but flows and mixes very well still.
Can't recall if we payed $80 or $100 for a 4ltr SM90...but S.Moist is listed at $300 I see.....I'm good for a bit tho as I already snagged the last 20ltr jug they had of SM90....hahaha

swapmeet

Original SM90, for foliar, was 1part SM90 to 5parts water...Super Moist is 1part S.Moist to 50water
Instead of ~165ml to make 1ltr of solution...now only 20ml. It is noticeably thicker....but flows and mixes very well still.
Can't recall if we payed $80 or $100 for a 4ltr SM90...but S.Moist is listed at $300 I see.....I'm good for a bit tho as I already snagged the last 20ltr jug they had of SM90....hahaha

Haha so it is really more concentrated... and damn...pricey $300/gallon?

DunHav`nFun

Was walkin the dawg yesterday and sittin in the barn for at least a dacade , and back up against the wall was a 5 gal jug of SM-90 and Botanicare Silicablast….the Silicablast was beyond ruined and bulging , but the SM-90 was as fresh and as citrusy as it was back in the day....and fuck......300 bucks a gal now ?...….let em keep that shit.....

Fairly sure I paid 200 bucks for 5 gal jugs of the shit shipped to my buddy`s landscaping biz , and with krusty buckets , then ebb and flow buckets , the shit was cost effective cuz they were recirculating setups.....but.....once I moved to full fledged Coco DTW and wastin the fuck outta juice down the drain , I mixed it way less per gal but still enough to break surface tension as a surfactant , plus all medium was inoculated with 5ml per gal before ever bein transplanted into , but still.....reduced dosages due to cost cuz I was a tight ass.....now....back to rootin cuts...…

The reason I say run cloners first is to jump start things and get a leg up on production....I never used em cuz I didn`t live onsite with the setups and couldn't risk the X factor of possible burned up pumps , or elevated rez temps causin total failure from slime and root rot...so...Just like I used #5 smartpots to grow 1.5 oz plants , I also used clear solo cups for insurance and consistent enough rooting times......slower....but consistent enough for my rotations....also.....

You gotta remember that I wasn`t usin mother plants with the coco setups due to the fact that I`d already built up the plant numbers to easily only take 2 maybe 3 of the most developed lower laterals off each of 64 ready to go blast off in the bloom rooms veglings , and since the lowest limbs have the most inherent rooting hormones stored , on top of being longer , more developed , and basically perfect for consistent sized cuts , it only made sense to exploit the situation.....but.....

You won`t have that luxury with mother plants , and it`ll take longer for your cuts to develop to the size mine usually started at before being rooted , unless you grow some big ass moms , so I`m here to fill in the gaps and help you get on schedule with increased numbers , but you gotta realize rootin buncha cuts takes time and patience to get em to consistent heights and growth structures.....for production that is....and....

You`re bout to witness this shit first hand , so get ready to blast off and do the equivalent of watchin paint dry cuz the shit`s boring as hell waiting on their ass to root without runnin cloners , so things to ponder my buddy.....and you`ll see soon enough....and lastly.....mom plants.....

Since you`ve done Hempy buckets , I say yas wash fuck outta that chunky ass perlite to remove all dust and sediment , then use that for the bottom rez and fill the rest of the way up with coco …...up pot a pick of the litter specimen for a mom and transplant that bitch.....make sure there`s enough light and heat to make the medium dry out some to let the plants grow legs and set roots , and ……..

I`d say feed once a day with enough runoff to exchange the lower rez and get rid of stagnant juice , but maybe not with Drip Clean @ 1 ml per gal , so you`ll be the sounding board to see what`s needed to make shit hoon and work for you…...IOW.....waste as small amounts of juice as possible with drip clean employed …...aight.....

Since it`s got colder fast with me being back at the farm , my game cams have picked up a pack of coyotes the last few days scopin out my fuckin moo moos and oink oinks.....needless to say all it took was to mention it to my youngun the warrior , and tonight there`s a coyote killin with #1 son and several of his hunter trapper skinner buddies.....so...

Get ta work Swap.....I gotta figure out what ta do with a buncha dead coyotes....guess I`ll get the Bobcat skid steer out and dig a hole....

Peace.....Freds……:ying: …….

Last edited: