What's new

The classiest coffeeshop in Amsterdam?

B

baccas125

Thanks for the update Hazy. Don't forget to get rthat parrot for me! :wave:

G

sorry bacc i never even seen the parrot ,the weather was to bad for bird watching,,fyi the nes has some superb nepal creme and stella blue was ok

G

All in all, for decor, and classiness, nothing matches Arjan's Greenhouse....

If classiness and poshness is the deisred factor, this is the place where Woody hangs out, and that;s good enuf for me. For smoke, there are many places that have greatness...

Grey Area has the best product, cannabis-wise. Below is my "RECON," which they spotlight, unreal guava/cannalope/hazey flavor, unreal aroma...

And, yes, it is polite to always buy a drink of some sort, regardless of other purchases, but it is perfectly acceptable to buy a bevvie and smoke something from somewhere else. If one is low-key, regardless, all is good. When in Rome. Or Amsterdam...

B

baccas125

Ya Hazy the Nes always does a nice Job. :joint: Just don't play pool at the Nes unless you want to loose your shirt.

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
I personally like the music, environment and location at Greenhouse Centrum. I've been over 4 times and I havent been let down by the place for hangin out. Mind you we are only talking atmosphere here. I wouldnt say that greenhouse has great buds. Nes is a chill spot for sure. They are very friendly.

De Dampkring is also dope. I like to walk down kalverstraat from dam square , do some shopping and then end up in Spui which is where dampkring is. I love that city at night too.

G

wait till u see the new barney's its 1 of the few coffeeshops u dont have to wipe ya feet on the way out

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
is that the one right across the street from the old place? i have seen it but never gone in. hopefully i can get back over in a the next couple years to check it out. thanks hazy.

G

no its down by rembrandplein on regulierstraat,,the old coffeshop jamaica

GoodbyeBlueSky

hazyfontazy said:
i thought it was abraxas bought it

yeah, that's right...

short term memory issues... :joint:

i must have been stoned... either way point remains... abraxas is a tourist trap... overpriced...

G

de tweedekamer :) VERY hype, but definitely good stuff in there.

I liked the blue velvet very much.I'd stop there often after work to smoke their master kush before I went back home, all fucked up in the sneltrein.

My definitely favourite is not in Mokum though :)

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
GoodbyeBlueSky said:
yeah, that's right...

short term memory issues... :joint:

i must have been stoned... either way point remains... abraxas is a tourist trap... overpriced...

But it deffinately is the best for large groups to chill out in upstairs :joint:

Queso

for sure... and the last time i was there, abraxas was very well ventilated... with some nice big tvs and the hash milkshake was bomb!, didnt mess me up tho, just tasted good.

franckk

Anyone been to Sarasani? Its a small coffeeshop in Utrecht, I heard that its the first one in the Netherlands. Definately not "the classiest" but nice anyway. Its a really cozy place to chill out, listen to music and smoke a huge one. I was there once last summer and it really stuck to my mind.

Pablo

I had a week in Holland in August.I've been many,many times in my life and my weed was stronger than any i brought there!!!!!!!
I don't have as good a selection but my own weed , not blowing my own trumpet, ,IS better.
Quality has gone down badly whilst the prices have gone up :yoinks:

I took my own weed and hash , just a bit to see me through getting there,and ended up smoking it and quickly!! :joint:

Iwent to The Dam , The Haag , Leiden(coffeeshops don't open to 1600hrs!!
And no decent smoke. I am gutted.I love Holland and the fact that we can smoke to our hearts content,safely.
But wtf is going on.I was in Canada in 2002 and smoked some of the best weed ever,pure BC bud.
Now would be the time for Canada to go Dutch!!please..lol
I would rather go anywhere where you get value for money than be ripped .
Christiania in Copenhagen was class also.

Sorry to get away from the main question of "poshest" coffeeshop , but this question itself spells the end for Amsterdam i fear.Unless of course the system can be changed to accomadate quality over profit,but methinks its stale.Or is it just my age :pointlaug

dopamine

I agree that I have grown far better smoke than I found in Amsterdam.

That said, Abbraxas was cool. Nice big furniture, cool see-through floor and decent music. The reefer there was commercial schwag, but the bon-bons are awesome. Each is alleged to have a gram of hash baked in. It only takes about 3 to get off, which tells you about the quality of the hash with which they bake.

Dampkring and Tweede Kamer are both decent places. I found that the dudes behind the smoke counters were friendly and helpful. While the moonshine hash was good, the rest of the reefer, including the sour diesal was pretty lame. I assume that all of the buds go through a hash tumbler on their way to market.

My favorite thing to do was to get fucked up and explore different places. We found a place on the dam where they played excellent music and the smoke wasn't bad at all. There were a bunch of french college students in there at the same time, and we all laughed our asses off trying to speak the other's language. The downside was that I was so fucked up, I coudn't remember how to find the place and couldn't go back :)

peter

hi franckk
Sarasani? is that the one that goes under the road and has a little jetti by the side of the cannal ?

G

peter said:
hi franckk
Sarasani? is that the one that goes under the road and has a little jetti by the side of the cannal ?

sounds picturesque(sp)