What's new

The classiest coffeeshop in Amsterdam?

G

rookies was ok too, when i went there in june.
the superskunk 15 e's for 2.3 grms was a good deal and was nicer than the buddahs sister we were smoking at the time.

trouble was it was the world cup (soccer) fever when i went there and i hate the game with a passion, where ever u went there was fuckin soccer it sucked!

tho cool to kick the ball around with that guy on the leidseplein, whos just amazing.

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
Botanica said:
tho cool to kick the ball around with that guy on the leidseplein, whos just amazing.

That guy who thinks he is maradona, he is around for at least 10 years. Actualy he is a real little prick. I use to hang out at rookies a lot because a few friends wordked in bars closeby. But their weed wasnt very special at the time.

Last edited:

Queso

rookies was ok, i wouldnt call it posh, sorta cool that it had a pool table.

lol that soccer guy looked like he was on some nice drugs, lol i give him some credit though, he was bouncin that ball around like it was his job..

i really enjoyed smoking in the amnesia, it was really nice, and there bongs were pretty clean. also abraxas had alot of room upstairs and great ventilation. another one i have to give a thumbs up to as well was homegrown fantaseeds, it was small, but well lit and quite friendly the time i went in.

i'm surprised no one mentioned katsu. out of all the shops i went to when i was last in the dam, katsu had the friendliest staff, great atmosphere, and killer ganj. i reccomend everyone drag their selfs outta the center of town and make the trip. you will not be disappointed.

Certainly do have nice staff in there ,the lady that served me was hot and very friendly ,

The herb was fantastic ,cannaloupe haze and amnesia haze were the best well cured smokes I had out their ,no celing and great flavour.

She also had some icolator that looked awsome ,it was a translucent amber slice of majic.

Well worth a short trip on a tram or a fifteeen minute walk from the center.

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Makes me think if I should really go and buy tickets soon...maybe next month...or this month..lol...

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
Skunkmasterflex said:
Certainly do have nice staff in there ,the lady that served me was hot and very friendly ,

The herb was fantastic ,cannaloupe haze and amnesia haze were the best well cured smokes I had out their ,no celing and great flavour.

She also had some icolator that looked awsome ,it was a translucent amber slice of majic.

Well worth a short trip on a tram or a fifteeen minute walk from the center.

the thread asks for the classiest coffeeshop not the best coffeeshop. ;)

G

Hey Farmer John, air fares just went "down" from astronomical levels.... Even though the price is not low by any means, at this time, now might be the time to book, before the high fuel prices take their toll again..

Grey Area for smoke, bongs, and smiles. Crowded for a reason. Worth the wait. Great staff.
Amnesia for ambience (when not too crowded) a bit of attitude, and womanizing goin' on.
Dampkring/Tweede Kamer for great smoke (NYCD! Rifman Malika, Yum!), real coffeeshop atmosphere. Dampkring gets busy busy around closing time.
Abraxas for eye candy and internet access.
Katsu for sometimes poor treatment, and great smoke
CLASSIEST: Greenhouse (No one does it quite like Arjan - style counselor) and an elegant place to hang out...!
Bushdokter-Centrum for the Arabic Candy
Noon for Blueberry, when it's good. Ambience is a "sausage party", but friendly.

Barney's: Rookie-ish first-time travellers, young, loud American Males, Good Amnesia Haze, not so good sativas, too much tobacco smoke in the coffeeshop. Breakfast bar, wonderful.

Homegrown Fantasy for nice Dutch shop - Occasional standouts smokewise
Dolphins Nice Hangout.

AMSTERDAM for everything...! Mucho Mahalos to the wonderful Citizens of AMS, for being infinitely magnanamous hosts..!...! The world, especially the USA, could learn many, many very important and effective concepts from this great City.

What's gonna be new this year..?

Last edited:

igohydro

I agree Arajn's coffee shops are cool.
Its polite to buy a drink if not something to smoke.Alot of places now have signs consumptie verplict,or something like that.

They have courses now for the workers.Some watch to see you finishing a drink and come over straight away,asking what you want.Not cool.

It was like that in a few plases before but now almost all are at it.
I used to spent alot of time in the dreadlock before it changed,awesome place.
The restrictions are a bad thing,last time I was there,hunters wouldnt sell me more than five grams.Seems out of the center is better,Moppel it was the Tweed Kammer,Quiet Room?
They were the best for Manali,and other hasj.Their prices were always less too!
I used to love hanging in Hill Street Blues in the mornings,id meet my friend there and we'd sit at the back ,sometimes he would blast his saxaphone,comfy sofas.
The best one I ever visited was in Venlo,low marbel rolling tables, exellant place.He had the best hasj I smoked in Holland ever,he was morrocan and him an his bros owned a few other shops.Funny enough.
You had to ask for it twice,or hed pretend not to understand,then he'd pull a big chunk of hasj from his pocket.
The weed an all else was behind the counter.In the end id just say how much I needed.Memories....

Last edited:
the thread asks for the classiest coffeeshop not the best coffeeshop. ;)

Well it's classier than most of the coffeshop's,

I think quality of weed ,freindlyness & fitness of the staff contribute's towards the overall class of an establisment moreso over the decor .

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
I LOVE Amsterdam. Wish I could go again this year, but I think I'll be smoking fresh charas in India instead...

my fav coffee shop was a little place called kadinskys just off the Damrak...

the nicest weed i tried was from central coffeeshop.. it was their white widow,., though im not sure if it was the best,, or if it was just because it was the first smoke i got when arriving in amsterdam that made it sooo good...

the worst place was La Canna... 20euro minimum buy... i went for their orange bud,,, smoked two pure weed joints,, didnt get high at all... complete waste of money..

i ended up giving what was left in the baggie to some homeless dude... he seemed happy enough with it!!!

i will never return to that place when i go back to a'dam thats for sure... total tourist trap!"!

Dr. Dank

me and the misses were there in june, i enjoyed going to the dolphin for wake & bake...trippy underwater decorations, and vaporisers set up and ready to go

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Citizens Aux PD said:
There are more coffeeshops than you can visit on one trip.
While I enjoyed most of them, none of them were what I'd call classy, swank, or upmarket.

Do you know of a posh coffeshop? Real clean and classy interior with nice furniture?

Not saying I'm too good for the others, just curious if anyone has taken the initiative to make a high class one?

yeah dude :wave: i n i think yo missing the point a little bit...

one of the best coffeeshops in Amsterdam used to be Global Chillage, simply for all the opposite reasons you mention. people would sit on the floor, on giant cushions or pillows, chatting with other people that also had no inhibitions. no offense but stoners don't want to be chillin with yet more pretentious keets... we go to the dam to get away from those types :wink:

if yo want bling,,, go play in Monaco.

peace dLeaf :joint:

Last edited:
G

if when u say classiest your reffering to a plush bar type place with nice fixtures and fittings then the new barneys is your place,its a brand new coffeshop and really nicely decorated ,with a volcano on every table(see the website 4 addy) ,,

oh and the weed i saw in there was the best i saw anywhere ,,apart from the laughing buddha which was full of mould ,,the prices are a bit more upmarket though ,,the cup winning barney rubble and candi bubble were 28 and 38 euros a gram :yoinks: ,,now the best part ,,they didnt bubble :confused: but at those prices i wasnt buying none anyway so it didnt matter ,,

all in all a welcome and much needed clean addition to the cofeeshop list of amsterdam :woohoo:

Latest posts

Latest posts