What's new

The Chem family

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
can i just send a sample of something in..then they send me a answer back sayin,,,BING,,,you have HUNDU KUSH,,,,,,,

like do i take a number or something:)?

Rudedewd

Hey JB, nice to see you Bro. I'm sorry to hear that you have legal problems, I wish that I could help but I'm broke as a joke but if there is any other way I can help just let me know. I'm glad you stepped in and posted as this thread was kinda becoming a joke.WTF does nevil know about chemdog anyhoo. Neither Chem, JJ or you knows the lineage of chemdog so how does anyone that wasn't even involved know shit about it roots? Anyhow nice seeing you Bro, I hope that things work out ok for ya.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Brother Gregory from Overgrow.com told me 7 years ago that "Diesel" is a pheno of JH,along with "The Crunchy" and 2 others or so :D
I don´t think it´s related to the Chem/SD family
but I could be wrong? :)

Once again...LOL

I´ll try to find the info,I have it somewhere...
but there were Crunchy,Diesel,Haze,NL and Sk phenos iirc
I highly doubt that Chem and JH are related :)

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
11 pages and nobody got into a pissing match yet?? Nice!! some good info from people in the know.. K+ folks

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
can i just send a sample of something in..then they send me a answer back sayin,,,BING,,,you have HUNDU KUSH,,,,,,,

like do i take a number or something:)?

no you have to have some baselines to go off of.
"ie" strain database collection of other strains

"i love it" WTF does nevil know about chemdog anyhoo.. lol
i do know the Chem family cant be stolen by amsterdam knuckleheads and claimed as there own like all our other strains

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so are you gona tell us what the SFV is soon?,,,,,man that would be amazing,

if we did it with everything and identified everything ,,,,geeeezzz

whaer do i take a number,,,,gezzz

papie

by Mysta

OG Kush, Bubba Kush and The West Coast Dog.
"In late '93 John from Grass Valley Ca. got the Chem Dog cut. He shared it with me, Jerry(cowboy) from Dibble Creek Ca. and Harold(Putz) from Sunset Beach Ca. Putz had a male he called the secret ingredient. It was a cross of Lemon Thai and an Old World Paki Kush. Putz bred the secret ingredient to the Chem Dog. The buds that came out of this cross were going around So. L.A. county in '95. Someone told Putz that Kush must be so good because it was mountain grown. Putz laughed and told him "this Kush is Ocean Grown Kush bro". The tag stuck and it became known as OG Kush. In the spring of '96 Putz married a girl from New Zealand. Before moving there he sent cuts of his OG to me and Bob(beans) in Salinas Ca. He gave all his P1 stock and all the remaining seed he had to ****(mad dog) from Downey Ca. In late '96 **** sold some seed to some guys in the Valley. That's where the San Fernando Valley cut of OG comes from. It's like the Original only more sat in pheno type. **** sold a cut of the original to a guy in Orange county and that cut is called Larry today. It's still around Orange county. **** sent one other cut of the original OG to a breeder in Europe. As far as I know he never let anyone else have it.
Jerry bred his Chem Dog cut to a Humboldt county indica boy. This was the beginning of his cubing proccess. At BX3 he got a pheno that had all the smell, taste and kick of the Chem Dog, but in a pure indica pheno. Jerry gave this plant to Bob. It became known as the West Coast Dog.
Bob bred this plant to my Old World Kush male. He took a male from that cross and bred it to the OG cut Putz had sent him. This is what made the original Bubba Kush.

Anybody who can verify anything of this?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i cannot say one way or the other^^^^but i can say i dont see any og in bubba...i could easily be wrong...but if its there, its hidden well...

nomaad

Veteran
I just grew Master Kush right next to pre98 Bubba and a Bubba s1... there is no doubt in my mind that the Master Kush is part of Babba's parentage.

I also Grew OG Kush, a Sour D and ChemD in the same garden and would wager that there is no Chem line influence on the Bubba.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nomaad - the socal master kush?

i dont think theres any chem in bubba
or bubba in chem for that matter hahaha

Y

Yankee Grower

I just grew Master Kush right next to pre98 Bubba and a Bubba s1... there is no doubt in my mind that the Master Kush is part of Babba's parentage.
In one of my first indoor grows I had a cut of Master Kush and when I started to see Bubba show up more prominently I was like man that sounds like the MK I had. For sure they are different and actually liked that MK better than Bubba...but that's just me. That MK was almost a top 10 on my list. So I'd have to second what Nomaad says and also I never got any Chem connection with Bubba.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
The Socal MK and the Master Kush are different plants altogether. The Socal looks like a Bubba plant and the MK(Dutch) does not. I dont see any Chem in either also. I will say that I have grown Bubba for many years and have only relatively recently heard/seen the Socal MK. I would personally assume that the Socal is a Bubba decendent or cross by its looks. I have long thought it looked like so many of the DC/Bubba crosses from Cannacopia years ago. Just my observations and nothing more.

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
Mod OG's or Chem Rockers

Mod OG's or Chem Rockers

so are you gona tell us what the SFV is soon?,,,,,man that would be amazing,

if we did it with everything and identified everything ,,,,geeeezzz

whaer do i take a number,,,,gezzz

when the 91 , SFV and sour D come back ill see how close they are related...

I am gonna use what i think made Chem and have them tested and and see how far off i am , i have a Great idea of what 3 made it
i have one of them now , ill still hunting other 2

nomaad

Veteran
Greyskull: I got the cut from a member of the collective that also had samples of the meds... When I smoked it, I was instantly transported to the first time I ever smoked anything called "Kush". An unforgettable first. It was in LA in 99 and the person who was sharing claimed that the cut had come from B-Real's (Cypress Hill) growroom. Even at the time, I doubted that part, but based on that info, I would guesss its the "Socal" MK cut for sure. The cut I am running now is for sure what I smoked that day. Its faster than Bubba and, hands down, tastier smoke.

Here are a couple of recent shots of both (finished) from the recent harvest where they grew side by side. (originally posted in my thread)

2010_0822-034.jpg

Master Kush

2010_0825-027.jpg

Bubba Kush

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
Greyskull: I got the cut from a member of the collective that also had samples of the meds... When I smoked it, I was instantly transported to the first time I ever smoked anything called "Kush". An unforgettable first. It was in LA in 99 and the person who was sharing claimed that the cut had come from B-Real's (Cypress Hill) growroom. Even at the time, I doubted that part, but based on that info, I would guesss its the "Socal" MK cut for sure.

2 cuts came from Big bear in 98/99 Master and Pre98
both made it to Rainbow /BReal

Burt

Veteran
"i love it" WTF does nevil know about chemdog anyhoo.. lol
i do know the Chem family cant be stolen by amsterdam knuckleheads and claimed as there own like all our other strains"

well-i'm pretty sure the man has smoked more varieties of cannabis than this whole board combined-landraces too mind you
i bet he can tell more by looking at a buds structure than 99% of all connoiseurs can by smoking it-but thats just a guess on my part

Rudedewd

Burt no doubt he has smoked alot of weed but all that he or anyone can do is make an educated guess. It might be a good guess but nonetheless a guess is just a guess not to be confused with fact. As far as SSH being related to Chemdog, I really doubt it. I've smoked and grown alot of chems and SSH, I see nothing simular about the two. I don't think anyone is going to be able to trace the chemdog history any further back than when JB got the original baggie to Chem with anything but supposition. I know that someone bred the original but if they haven't stepped forward by now I really doubt it's going to happen. I mean no disrespect to Nevil or anyone else but facts are facts and in the abscence of facts guesswork still doesn't cut it.

S

SCROG McDuck

The bag from the Dead concert.. no one has stepped forward to claim that fame?

Some comments here have led me to believe that some of you were very close to the 'beginning' of al this..

There are no recollections from anyone, of who sold the bag to them? Or it was just one of those random, buys?

IME, most times 'random' isn't a whole ounce.
Nobody knew nobody? Too bad.