What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The CannaBunker Begins

danks

golf clap

2 suggestions if you want to sell it sell it as a nuke fallout bunker, or to stoners either way it will sell like hotcakes.

second with the space u have you should really look into vertical aeroponics, like some of heath robinsons grows. you could really utilize vertical man basicaly 4 walls of bud with your lighting in the middle. regardless supper impressive.

N

nightsmoker

Now we're starting to get into the harvest of my most recent crop. It was my first time grossing more than a pound a light. Ever. Looking at the productivity of this garden, I really REALLY want to see a 3 lb./ light grow. I can't even imagine how that would look.

3rd shot - GHS Church

Last 3 shots - All GHS Trainwreck. Very photogenic plant, but unfortunately, that's about it.

wow:bump: this is awesome congratulations!

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
golf clap

2 suggestions if you want to sell it sell it as a nuke fallout bunker, or to stoners either way it will sell like hotcakes.

second with the space u have you should really look into vertical aeroponics, like some of heath robinsons grows. you could really utilize vertical man basicaly 4 walls of bud with your lighting in the middle. regardless supper impressive.

Thanks Danks!

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
This is the coolest thread I've seen in awhile.

Do you think it would be possible to show better pics of the entrance without compromising your security?

If so, I'd love to see how it works from the house looking in.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
This is the coolest thread I've seen in awhile.

Do you think it would be possible to show better pics of the entrance without compromising your security?

If so, I'd love to see how it works from the house looking in.

Sure, I'll take some more pictures.

greenduck

wow, really impressive for sure. do you have a post on your watering + nutes? any info would help. do you use any sugar (like Molasses)?

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
wow, really impressive for sure. do you have a post on your watering + nutes? any info would help. do you use any sugar (like Molasses)?

I use Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow 2 part. It's the best I've used, even though it's a little more expensive. I try to run my veg res at about 1000 ppm, and my flower res below 1500 ppm.

I stay away from all additives, I think they're mostly bull. It's not that I haven't tried some, I just never got any better results than with plain AN sensi 2-part.

The only "additive" that I use is H2O2. I've found that you can't add too much to the res, so don't worry about that. It also helps to keep the baddies at bay, like root rot and plythium. Oh, that and pH Up and pH Down for pH flux.

My last batch I decided to see how not flushing would effect the taste. I had some evidence that flushing might not make as much of a difference as is the cannon law around here states.

I couldn't tell a difference, and none of my customers could tell either. I like to play a little game with the pot snobs that I know. I'll either lie or tell the truth about the flush. This time, I told them I ran a week flush. Everyone thought it was the best tasting weed that I've grown. I've also had a 2 week flush that I said was a 2 day flush, and most people said that it tasted a little harsh. In other words, the flush didn't alter how people thought the weed tasted. What was more important in altering their perceptions of taste was what I TOLD them. Take what you will from this set of anicdotes.

turbolaser4528

Veteran
Read it start to finish while sipping on coffee during my day off from work, well done sir !

I can only imagine how good you must feel having done all that work and now reaping the rewards, and with no experience ?! Wow, the internet is really something huh ?

Practicing civil disobedience definitely is patriotic, more people need to stop being afraid and stand up for what they truly believe in.

Rep+ even considered going vert in this cannabunker ? with 6k you should be able to get 2+ a light much easier (so I've read)

Maybe Colosseum style, you could definitely increase your gram per watt ratio, and even clean the floors !!! just sayin....laughs out loud

If I had my grow in a secret underground bunker I hand built I'd sleep like a baby at night..got me dreamin' !!

:wave:

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
Maybe Colosseum style, you could definitely increase your gram per watt ratio, and even clean the floors !!! just sayin....laughs out loud

If I had my grow in a secret underground bunker I hand built I'd sleep like a baby at night..got me dreamin' !!

:wave:

Remember, if you build it, they will bud!

I hadn't considered any type of a verticle grow until posting this thread, and everyone seems to suggest it. I could probably do something with the chains, and stagger their height. The only problem I can see is that I'd need more AC power. Colosseum grows are usually done without the air cooled Hood, right? More unreflected light with a larger surface area...

I usually like to give hydro systems a year in service before retiring them to the junk heap. Maybe I could do both with the same setup.

The wheels, they're always spinning, nothing I can do to direct them though. I mean, my projects seem almost self-directed by another force other than myself... That's what they call a compulsion, right?

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Haha that's a great idea. It could be a Brotherhood of Steel safehouse and party shack. Keep a sniper on the roof to watch out for weed hungry ghouls.

-Funk

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
FYI on the vert subject...

from what I understand, you actually have LESS heat issues running bare-bulb vert as long as your extraction is directly above the lights and there is a 10" fan aimed straight up at the bulb on low to help guide the heat toward extraction. Because there's no hood, no heat is getting trapped "around" the bulb and no light is transforming to heat when it hits the reflector.

There are guys running 4k+ in 10x10 rooms with A/C. Being that you're in a bunker, I'd expect it to be relatively "cave-like" all year round so I'd think as long as you have decent exhaust you won't see any issues with it.

But this is all from second-hand knowledge. I move into my new house soon and I have been studying the ways of the Vert for several months now in preparation.

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
best thread in a long time bro,pat urself on the back fasho....tht place will pay for itself in notime,and its gonna be fun too!.
peace-T-

Lone Wolf

Veteran
excellent...

hey mr cannabunker..

i noticed the garage door opener in the one picture... i tried looking for an explanation, but i could not find one...

do you care to elaborate on what it is all about? thanks!

do you have it setup with some green bulbs for night time entrance?? that would be my guess...

sorry if you mentioned it and i overlookd!

picture.php

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
There's a section somewhere with more pictures explaining it, but the garage door opener is attached to the entrance doorway. The door's springs pull the door closed, and the garage door opener pulls it open.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
I took some more pictures of the primary entrance to help see how it works. Here's the original bulkhead that came with the house. There are only 2 things that I disturbed during the building of the secret door. You can see some of the weld marks in the 4th picture, that and the crack in the concrete step. Fixing these 2 things is currently on the back burner until I have some more free desire to tackle the minutia.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
While I've been working on the room, I've been leaving the steps out, for easier access.

In the 4th picture, you can see the lag points for the cables that attach to the garage door springs. The pulleys just redirect the force, so that it pulls forward, and closed, the hatch door. In other words, there is constant force pulling the door closed. If you were to push this open from the outside, you'd be pushing against the springs. The garage door does this for me, and pulls the door open. I hope the garage door cable never lets go of the door while I'm coming or going since it would turn into a man-trap mouse-trap.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
I couldn't fit the door opener mechanics in a straight line with the door, so I installed the track to the side. This allowed room for the 1000 watters to hang in the desired spot.