What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The BroomRoom...

atk7

:lurk: gotta watch this one, very interesting story line. your location throws up obstacles I had not even considered. Wishing u some good fortune as that is all I can do at this point. Great info on pest controls in here though.

SmellyFlorist

@AJEA... watsup brah.....:yeahthats its pretty crazy right.... and Im lucky I swear, you drive 100kms up the coast and the humidity is drastically worse....:laughing: The stuff you talking about? Its the same stuff you put in your cupboard[actual clothes cupboard lol] to stop mold an shit from growing on your clothes.....?? I know the stuff, thing is I dont even have cupboards, I just bang my clothes on the couch, um, onto a pile of broken boards... actually, then on the couch... its chaos sometimes... fuck.... bare with me here its sunday evening, Im very stoned and got a beer buzz goin after the footie, but right now the plants are vegging in my bedroom[not the cupboard, with shelves etc set up] its bout 12m2 and thats where all the temp an RH readings have been taken, right now all the plants are under a 400w MH DIY hood, I do have another 400w hood made, if I set it up it the room and spread the plants out, will the extra heat from the bulb an ballast reduce the RH in the room to a reasonable level...?? Stoopid shit I know... lol, but the added heat should burn off some RH no??
Thanks brah.....stoked you nailed your temp probs.....

SmellyFlorist

@atk7..... watsup, thanks for stopping by...
My location throws obstacles you havent considered? And if you knew of the rewards my location gifts...? for they are considerable.... lol
Thanks for the blessings brah... as you can see I need as many as I can get... The info on pest control is great, no frills no fuss no arguing, but the thanks would need to go to all the boys who keep taking the time to check back in and drop such valuable knowledge, insight, and opinions.... thanks guys:smoke out: So yeah, stick around, chime in where you feel need be... its always appreciated...
Smelly....

DONAJTHEIII

@AJEA... watsup brah.....:yeahthats its pretty crazy right.... and Im lucky I swear, you drive 100kms up the coast and the humidity is drastically worse....:laughing: The stuff you talking about? Its the same stuff you put in your cupboard[actual clothes cupboard lol] to stop mold an shit from growing on your clothes.....?? I know the stuff, thing is I dont even have cupboards, I just bang my clothes on the couch, um, onto a pile of broken boards... actually, then on the couch... its chaos sometimes... fuck.... bare with me here its sunday evening, Im very stoned and got a beer buzz goin after the footie, but right now the plants are vegging in my bedroom[not the cupboard, with shelves etc set up] its bout 12m2 and thats where all the temp an RH readings have been taken, right now all the plants are under a 400w MH DIY hood, I do have another 400w hood made, if I set it up it the room and spread the plants out, will the extra heat from the bulb an ballast reduce the RH in the room to a reasonable level...?? Stoopid shit I know... lol, but the added heat should burn off some RH no??
Thanks brah.....stoked you nailed your temp probs.....

yeah same stuff see if you could maybe get your hands on that.

Ok so im not positive on this but wouldnt the extra heat cause water to evaporate therefore raising the humidity instead ?

any vets out there have an opinion ? Not completely sure

AJAE

Miraculous Meds

Higher temps equals lower rh, lower temps equals higher rh, since the same amount of water is in the air and hot air can hold more water, the the % of rh drops in higher temps.

If that makes sense? I suck at wording things, but that's the basics of rh. Its "relative" to the temperature.

SmellyFlorist

@Mirac.... Thanks brah, Im grasping it, I think, havnt managed to understand exactly how that works, but I do understand that formula, your put it very clearly, thanks, and it is basically what Im seeing....
So in theory, I should put the second light on, put 6plants under one 400, and the other 6 under the the second HID, that would raise the temps, and there for lower the RH....??
Its 6:45am right now, the temps are reading 24dC, and 74%RH... a lil better than yesterday..... But Im keen to set the 2nd 400w back up..... Hopefully speed this veg up in the process..... today looks like its gona be a proper summers day aswell.....
Smelly

Miraculous Meds

@Mirac.... Thanks brah, Im grasping it, I think, havnt managed to understand exactly how that works, but I do understand that formula, your put it very clearly, thanks, and it is basically what Im seeing....
So in theory, I should put the second light on, put 6plants under one 400, and the other 6 under the the second HID, that would raise the temps, and there for lower the RH....??
Its 6:45am right now, the temps are reading 24dC, and 74%RH... a lil better than yesterday..... But Im keen to set the 2nd 400w back up..... Hopefully speed this veg up in the process..... today looks like its gona be a proper summers day aswell.....
Smelly

Yep u got it.

SmellyFlorist

@Mirac.... Thanks brah, dunno where Id be without help like from guys like you.... Much appreciated.... In your opinion, that like folding of the leaves in the lost pic drop? Would you say its from to much RH...??

DONAJTHEIII

Folding leaves like tacoing can come from RH and Broadmites.

Ive only seen tacoing in low humidity environments not high maybe someone can confirm this too.

AJAE

SmellyFlorist

Okay.... I had a shite day fucking about trying get the ignition fixed on the car, got totally fuct about, then had too go to a fuctup council/land owners meeting[having to do these miff things] bunch of political shit... I basically rocked the boat and upset some old fucks.... I mean I got respect for my elders, bout dont play that card friend, theres nothing you did that made your parents fuck before mine did... these rich old folks got their heads up their arse'... an my old mans a man of few words, so I kinda gota do the talking.... These chops are stuck in 1970fuckoff.... they gona be dead in like ten years anyway, the boneheads just hate being wrong and would never even give the time of day to think of a different solution, I mean how can someone younger actually teach you something about anything... idiots..... :rant: Dont know if anyones been here before? But fuck, you gotta actually live here, and try and actually make a buck to get by.... its fucking crazy......
:snap out of it:
:bongsmi:...... new bad religion album...
Alright that an beer... I set the 2nd 400w MH up and spread the plants out, 6 under each light.... temps got to 28dC an 70%RH..... kinda okay... I dont mind a bit of warmth... mmmmmm just boardies no shirt..... paradise....
Plants look happier, still a lil of that leaf curl, but no blistering... that for me is a complete freak out signal..... things on the whole look better. Walk outside into the yard and fleas instantly jump onto you, got six off one leg on a exit from the flat..... fucking humid.... oh, bought some crystal humid absorbing shit[@AJEA] gota wash container first, but right now beer taste too good....:dance013:
Smelly...

LSWM

@LSWM... No ways... Iv never heard of someone breaking out like that.... that must suck being allergic to something you love...

It's definitely unfortunate, but such is life. I have psoriasis as well, which is an autoimmune disease, so it kinda makes sense I have an overactive immune system, which would cause more severe allergic reactions than most people.

SmellyFlorist

@LSWM.... jeez china.... really sorry to hear that, cant make everyday life any easier..... You every try having actually wet sauna's with camphor tree leaf.... or actual sea water... I know my feet fuckout so often, and both of those two I find really healing.... Just a thought.... Best wish's to you though..... Your car radiator idea is pretty genius....:tiphat:

LSWM

There are plenty of things that relieve the symptoms, but the symptoms return after some period of time. I can make the dry skin and sores go away, but it takes a week or more of twice a day treatment, and then after it's gone it requires daily treatment to the area that is cleared in order to keep it clear. After about a month it is completely gone and may or may not come back in the same area.

Hash oil mixed into lotion treats the inflammation about as well as some of my non-steroidal medications do, but it is currently a cost prohibitive option until unlimited outdoor growing is allowed. Topical steroids work best, but they come with their own risks. It seems weird that I have allergies to weed but it treats my problem at the same time, but I can attest to its efficacy first hand. I think that the plant material itself is more my issue than actual THC or CBD or the various terpenes in hash oil, but as I said certain strains, make me break out in hives just rubbing against the flowering plants... I'm still unsure what exactly causes that.

If I continue treatment in those areas after getting clear skin it doesn't come back... so long as treatment continues. It's kinda just this thing I've accepted as a part of life. Sometimes I treat it multiple times per day, other times I just say fuck it. It's not going to be completely gone anytime soon... I really need to get a gene test and see which genetic predisposition I have so I can try to figure out the best course of treatment, and exactly where to target my issue. It's a developing field of science currently, and the research is there, but it's not gotten enough steam to shift doctors away from steroids. Cost of gene tests as well as medicines are still cost prohibitive for most patients.

They have oral medications that work wonderfully, but the side effects outweigh the cure. *cough* erectile dysfunction *cough*

I'm not quite sure what you meant about the radiator idea, I've got a few heat exchanger ideas flowing right now, but I definitely wasn't the first with the idea...

I appreciate the encouragement though. Thanks bud.

SmellyFlorist

@LSWM.... jeeez brah thats fucking heavy, feel for you. Gives me a whole new outlook on my day day life.... talk about gratitude....
Fuck sorry I checked the radiator thing was in Ttystikk's thread.... :bashhead: Sorry brah... my bad, Iv been following your thread though, with that wait you pulled:dance013:
Fuck I got to get back to todays work.... Harvesting fruit..... unfortunately not cannabis flowers.....:cry: check you guys at the days end, hopefully drop more pics of the 12clones vegging.... an looking a bit better in my eyes....
Smelly

SmellyFlorist

As promised....
picture.php

Some of that leaf curl, folding, not what Id consider canoeing...? this is probs the worst case example on the 12...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

These were all taken this morning, its been 7days since the last heat treatment an floors/walls being sprayed. They,ve been raised by one brick[lol] and 6 plants one light for twelve hours... the temps read 28dC an 70%RH.... at 6am....

SmellyFlorist

Continued....
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

learnt to swivel....

picture.php

This clone is actually from a different bag seed mother to the other 11... so 11 of the same, with this one being different...

SmellyFlorist

Continued...

picture.php

These are the best, bushiest 6 of the 12.... forgot to swivel...

picture.php

The other 6, under their own 400W MH....

picture.php

Lithops again.. something to break up the cannabis pics.... these things are really growing....

Personally I think the plants actually do look on the whole, healthier... Im still freaking out about mites, I found a lil seedling growing on my pathway... and it had that "eagle claw" as AJEA puts it... so I pulled it out, dug a deep whole in the compost pit and bombed it.... fucker! I fucking hate mites!! I mean seriously, how can you actually like mites?? Like, even David Attenborough and his brahs cant dig mites... they such a bunch of ****s..... fucksakes.... So next hot day is saterday, should reach 28dC. I know, and I mean Know that I gotta do this heat treatment at least one more time. I mean fair enough, Im actually not quite sure what pests Im fighting[I only got a 100times scope after my first heat treat] But I can say is that, I feel the heat treatments were the only preventative measure that I took that seemed to work..... Ie should do it again. Im just fucking stressed that the more I do the treatments the more sizzle casualties Ill get.... So I was thinking if I hung panda plastic in front of the netting and pinned the bottoms into the shelving, basically, that lil fan heater[The only one I got access to, without dropping serious crown reserved for much needed ac] I feel is creating enough draft in the room to fry an few plants in particular spots it seems, I thought the plastic could block this light airflow enough to minimize the damage, thus saving me plants, thus not needing to cut plant numbers when flowered, thus leading to a "shorter" veg time.... then I thought, It would be a lot easy to cut cardboard sheets to size and pin them in place, almost like having them in cardboard cupboard on the shelves, that should protect them against any hot airflow, yet still let the heat through, killing the evil mite fuckers in the process...... maybe even place them in their own lil individual boxs.... just a thought.... got a few days to work something out.... I fell though, that the treatment is a necessary....
I bought two sets of gum boats today, one purely for outdoor work, the 2nd pair, for inside use, Im only going into rooms wearing em from now on... If I need to set up a fucking cattle dip to kill these fucks.... Ill do it.....
Need :bongsmi: got this outdoor strawberry banana... I can smell banana... but like banana peal... honestly Im sick of bananas, Iv eaten so many Iv felt like a banana at times....
Hope everybody is well...
Smelly....

SmellyFlorist

@AJAE.... Thanks brah, I put that stuff that you told me about in yesterday morning, I think it was 500g, we had a proper thunder shower yesterday and its brought the RH down to 55%.....:woohoo:
Thanks for the tip.... Much appreciated....

Latest posts

Latest posts