What's new

The Book Thread - What You're Reading & Everything Book Related

bad gas

I've re-read the Clan of the Cave Bear series many times. Same for Harry Potter. Same for Louis L'Amor's westerns.

good reading. bg

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
F.I.A.S.C.O. by Frank Partnoy..
All about shenanigans in the derivatives trading scene in the early 90s, and how Morgan Stanley deliberately "Blow up" their clients and "Rip their faces off".

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Today i´ve grabbed "Chavs, the demonization of the working class" from Owen Jones.
Very interesting insight into the British society and imo essential to anyone living in the UK.

Obsidian

Veteran
Ayahuasca in My Blood...Peter Gorman

writer for Skunk Mag, High Times Adventurer, and all around great Head!!!

amannamedtruth

Veteran
books

Conversations With Durito:

Stories of The Zapatistas And Neoliberalism

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
growing gourmet and medicinal mushrooms - paul stamets

GGMM.jpg

best mushie growing book,, over 500 pages...

dr kidds guide to herbal dog care

9781580171892.jpg

great book,, the author rightly points out that western medicine destroys the liver which has to filter out the refined chemicals used in all pharma drugs and that vetenarians and doctors are ignorant/dont care about the obvious life shortening effects of prescribing people a vast proportion of "medications" as they call them, that were only ever tested on short term studies anyway, not waiting to see how things shorten overall lifespan..

the ancient medicinal herbal plants are bifunctional and western pharmaceuticals are only one directional so they dont mediate nor cure the root of the problem.. these medicinal herbs are the most important birth right that we need to keep as widespread and well known about as possible because hundreds of thousands of years have gone into them being as potent and effective as the are..

great introduction for people to herbal medicine because everything in there works on people..feeling better than you ever thought you could is infectious and when people get into it the interest often spreads to those around them..

since i read this and got a few ideas of what a he uses my dogs are sorted,, no bad breath, better joints, calming out nutters, better skin, get them over caughs quicker, better eyes,,, they just go into a higher league like upgrading them or something.. pimp my dogs health..

and like i say i'm pretty damn sure from my own experience they do the same thing for humans as well ;)

Last edited:

Tokesy

"Island at the end of the world" by Steven Fischer

about the history of easter island, theres an interesting parable there but I'm a afraid the human race is apt to be extinct before we get it...

Max Headroom

Veteran
Steve Martin - Born Standing up
(Audiobook version, read by the author)

The World of T.C. Lethbridge - A researcher's guide by William Shepherd