What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Book Thread - What You're Reading & Everything Book Related

Kizzattack

We did have a book thread somewhere. It seems to have drifted away into the dusty old archives of the Toker's Den though.

I'm reading Ray Mears' Outdoor Survival Handbook at the moment. I love the thought of being able to live off of only your surroundings in nature, and the thought of just having the simplest wants and needs, like warm water and shelter. Modern day life is too hectic to not take a break once in a while.

Edit: It seems the two threads have been merged.

O

ocean99

I am waiting for one to come in the mail about living underground and changing your ID. My wife got it for me so that I can move back to the west coast.

Here are a couple books

Gringo
Killing Pablo Escobar (I have it in English and Spanish)

I think I read that book, is it how to be invisible? If so the book has some neat things to read about, but mostly the methods are too tricky for the layman. Just my :2cents:, maybe you can figure that shit out.

WaTerR

Scar Tissue.. . best book ive ever read its about the lead singer of the red hot chili peppers,Anthony Keidis

How have I missed this thread?

I'm reading The Glass Books of the Dream Catchers, Volume One by Gordon Dahlquist. Just finished World Without End by Ken Follett--sequel to one of my all time favorites, Pillars of the Earth.

Best,

DM

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
0618773436.jpg

just finished this book, really good read if you are into non fiction military.

The Gunslinger by Stephen King

First book of the Dark Tower series. The entire series is an Awesome read. I was really bummed when I finished the last book--didn't want it to end.

The rest of the series, in order...

The Drawing of the Three
The Wastelands
Wizard and Glass
Wolves of the Calla
Song of Susannah
The Dark Tower

Enjoy,

DM

stc9357

First book of the Dark Tower series. The entire series is an Awesome read. I was really bummed when I finished the last book--didn't want it to end.

The rest of the series, in order...

The Drawing of the Three
The Wastelands
Wizard and Glass
Wolves of the Calla
Song of Susannah
The Dark Tower

Enjoy,

DM

One of my favorite writer's have only just completed the fifth because just like you I don't want it to end.

O

ocean99

Hey so who was right, orwel or huxley?

I think, at least in the US of A, huxley's fears are pretty fleshed out.

NateDizz

The only books for me are non-fiction. I havn't read a fiction book since I was in school. I figure why waste my team reading something that someone made up when I can learn about real things that are going on in the world.

I'm always reading anything about crime. I've invested alot of time reading about the Mafia and other organized crime groups.

Five Families - The Rise, Decline, and Resurgence of America's Most Powerful Mafia Empires by Selwyn Raab is a crucial read and a great starting point for anyone interested in the Italian/American mafia. (750+ pages)

Kizzattack

The only books for me are non-fiction. I havn't read a fiction book since I was in school. I figure why waste my team reading something that someone made up when I can learn about real things that are going on in the world.

I'm always reading anything about crime. I've invested alot of time reading about the Mafia and other organized crime groups.

Five Families - The Rise, Decline, and Resurgence of America's Most Powerful Mafia Empires by Selwyn Raab is a crucial read and a great starting point for anyone interested in the Italian/American mafia. (750+ pages)

Have you read Ross Kemp on Gangs? Supposidly it's very good. I've watched the TV series and that was fascinating; this book goes into more detail though from what I've heard.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Have you read Ross Kemp on Gangs? Supposidly it's very good. I've watched the TV series and that was fascinating; this book goes into more detail though from what I've heard.

i was addicted to that show for a while, i would crack open a 40 ounce and watch them on youtube night after night. awesome fucking show, i felt like i was going on a vacation every time. El Salvador was the craziest, 11 murders a day. I also really liked it when he followed the British troops into Afghanistan, when the AK bullets started flying i swear to god i felt like i was in the field with Ross Kemp as bullets cracked overhead. very very entertaining.

Kizzattack

i was addicted to that show for a while, i would crack open a 40 ounce and watch them on youtube night after night. awesome fucking show, i felt like i was going on a vacation every time. El Salvador was the craziest, 11 murders a day. I also really liked it when he followed the British troops into Afghanistan, when the AK bullets started flying i swear to god i felt like i was in the field with Ross Kemp as bullets cracked overhead. very very entertaining.

There's a new episode airing tonight called Ross Kemp in Search of Pirates (part 1), where he'll be following Somalian pirates and doing his usual interviews. It looks amazing from the preview. It'll probably end up online very soon; it's airing in the UK tonight.

killa-bud

Veteran
reading

world war z

same guy who wrote zombie survival guide(reading that too,but on the computer)

great books

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
This is my kind of thread. Wow. Good books. Here's what I have been reading...

Haven't had much chance, but most of my reading has been technical stuff relating to work...

Latest posts

Latest posts