What's new

THE BLACK HAZE AKA DA BLACKS

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Tan it's just different genetics, and selection... The specifics of what differs exactly I'll leave for those that grow the back haze, and know it well.

Choosing which one is better is the opinion of those who grow, and smoke it. Even amongst the orig. haze, nevilles, and ot1 haze u mentioned there are genetic differences, and people will have a prefference after growing them towards one more then another. As an example some people may factor in what's better or best for them according to finishing flower times, while others will put that all the way down at the end of the list when choosing their personal favorite haze. Though At 90 days flowering this black haze seems more then reasonable compared to some phenotypes found in the orig haze or ot1 haze. Anything pushing 100+days is pushing my patience LOL 90 days seems reasonable for some good haze IMO:)

Good Luck on the project Redeye... :rasta:

Last edited:

scaramanga

If this is the same black haze that's been floating around Florida for a couple of years, then I'm definitely going to be watching this thread.

tan

Mister Postman said:
The specifics of what differs exactly I'll leave for those that grow the back haze, and know it well.

The question was directed to those people.

We have many many "90 days" haze hybrids: Mother's Finest, Skunkman's own Haze & Skunk, NL x Haze, Super Silver Haze, Mango Haze, Kali Mist, etc...,

This is why I don't understand why people are interested in this guy's IBL. Skunkman, Sensi, and MrNice, are much more reputable, so why take a chance on this stranger's IBL? or in other words, what's so great about it that you're willing to waist a grow on such an unkown breeder?

Mother's Finest can be more dense and resinous with better bag appeal, and very Hazy cerebral in its high, with no ceiling.

So I'm sceptical of this new hype.

If price is the issue, Skunkman's Haze & Skunk are freebies at the Boo, it is an incredible haze hybrid, the most underated hybrid in history only because its free. Skunkman's Haze & Skunk is speedy without the tachycardiac mess of other hazes, it's a very high quality crisp cerebral effect, and no ceiling.

Grow from seed, and you'll get something equal to most clones.

:rasta:

xOOx

interesting thread here! how did i miss this ...

Mm: looking good! what does novacaine smell like tho?! lol. i've said it b4 ash'z haze has many similarities to the piff haze i love. right down to the curve and hooking of the fan leaf tip. even when he flowered it out those calyxs looked eerily familiar. is this a trait of the heirloom haze family we love? or you guys are just messing with me now? c'mon cut it out. lol.

so is this black haze, and not piff haze after all? whats the high like on black haze? smell? the same? if black haze is just block haze or if its also the piff haze, then its way possible i guess. cf -- verdict? you are the best judge at this point, i have nothing to compare to.

what other strain lines do this tip curve?

tan,

i bet all of those u list are great hazes and i've heard some good stuff about the mango haze and dying to try it. but there are certain hazes that are going around florida and nyc that are just a bit different then the the regular stuff people r smoking. if you can get similar effects with less flower time and more yield i guess that would be the best option - theres a certain combination of cannabinoids that triggers an incredible insightful and dream travelling experience that can only be activated fully by certain strains .. and maybe certan strains only work for certain people, so you have to find the haze that likes you best .. and i agree, i prefer the less tachycardic strains, as i panic attack easily ..

well, from none to multiple piffs lately.
it just seems more and more piffs are just adding to the confusion, and is kinda taking away from the question if piff is a real and tangible strain, or just a description of a good haze smoke.

i hope it doesn't go by the way of the kush, with every baskinrobbinz flavor just being the same thing .. with only one real base representation.

lets hope this doesn't become the great piff schism of 08!!!

LOL

xoox

S

split kooks

xOOx those in time will be sooo gnarly! keep it up for the goods!!!! ^^

bigherb

Veteran
we hav many birds trees n so on each day a new is evolved n discovered as soo wit haze.ive always been the guy that like too be diff ive neva did som just becaz everyone was doin it n i was neva down wit that name shit.fuc a name if its fire we fucs wit it.there r many hidden gems amongst us its up to us to look n spread them.fuc a name again.mothers finest ,kali mist ,ssh .all incredible strains if grown well top notch buds .still i dont think any of those strains can stand next too our uptown haze aka this piff of the town aka puudayy aka church aka frankies.breeder =unknown exact lineage =unknown where to cop= uptown manhattan ,washington heights ,fort george ,harlem .smoke report =the best haze i eva smoked

a smoke report is def needed on this black

redeye057

the blacks is no hype people in florida have been growing this one for years and producing large amounts of quality bud....i have no reason to hype this thread is not for personal gain any seeds made from this project will be ran as tester packs 100% free....the background of the blacks is mysterious, but i feel as if there is nl#5 in the mix....this strain has been clone only for so long that the lineage has been lost threw time so thats just speculation...the high is very unique and uplifting....true sativa genes bleeding threw these jewels....will update soon...jah bless and guidance...

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
I doubt that this is 'block haze'.

Of course there's only one way to know for sure, but from the pictures I saw when ash grew it out, it reminds me more of what they condiser "FL krippie".
My guess is that it has a deep fruity, slightly hashy smell with dense nugs and alot of trichromes. This is the "krippie" I remember.

I'm intrested to see what's good. Damn mailman.

KindBudKid

Interested in seeing these flowered out.. Not saying these are related or anything but about 6-7 years ago my cousin and I were going through a little MNS kick and grew out packs of almost all their gear.. Anyway we made a couple haze crosses and one of them was called BlackHaze.. We had a BlackWidow fem and hit her with a TFD O.Haze male.. We tried to run a small selection as best we could between the 2 houses.. We still have moms and seeds.. We also did a SSH/Herijuana at the time.. And this was is FL..

redeye057

my camera is dead but the project hAS BEGUN....i have three blacks plants i am working with...a soon as i get my camera on i,ll get u guys some flicks..the black haze is super lung expanding... was burning some last night and i couldn't stop coughing...love the soaring high...i can tell the blacks is very influenced by her jamacain sativa ancestors...jamaica is the home of some the best haze in the world...jah bless and guidance to all...

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ARTofMAKINGfire said:
I doubt that this is 'block haze'.

Of course there's only one way to know for sure, but from the pictures I saw when ash grew it out, it reminds me more of what they condiser "FL krippie".
My guess is that it has a deep fruity, slightly hashy smell with dense nugs and alot of trichromes. This is the "krippie" I remember.

I'm intrested to see what's good. Damn mailman.
In FL. all of the wet indoor is called "crippy". It does not matter what the strain is. It's a generic term.

redeye057

very true lean green krippie is a negative word...and one thing the blacks is not is generic....this strain has been around for more than twenty years down hear and it is a resin bomb till this day..the taste is like fruity hash with instant coughlock...i can't wait to spread these amongst the community...jah bless..

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Lean Green said:
In FL. all of the wet indoor is called "crippy". It does not matter what the strain is. It's a generic term.

Negative. In some circles I suppose the term has been dumbed down to mean many things. But I lived there for several years and there are certain characteristics krippie has. Fruity, skunky smell. High yield. Short flower (less than 90). Cures to smell chemmy a little like gasoline.

There was some NL in there.

Recieved cuts of the Black Haze. They are rooting as we speak.

EDIT: Just reading redeye's post. Very surprised to hear you consider krippie to have negative connotation. It is quite the opposite in my circle. It is considered very high quality cannabis.

Last edited:

redeye057

ART OF MAKING FIRE-THE WORD KRIPPIE DOES NOT GIVE JUSTICE TO A PLANT THAT IS A HEALING HERB A MEDICINE FOR MANY PEOPLE...I THINK THE WORDS KRIPPIE,DOPE,POT,GRASS JUST ALIENATE CANNABIS FROM PEOPLE OVERSTANDING IT IS A MEDICINE NOT A DRUG...there are many things that are called krippie that are outstanding genetics, but there should be more pride in knowing what u have instead of just labeling everything as krippie...it makes things more industrial and less personal if u love strain u should know its name...jah bless and keep tings irie...